13. Miami Dolphins: Jeffery Simmons, Dl, Mississippi State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

13. Miami Dolphins: Jeffery Simmons, Dl, Mississippi State

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the pick, but we should be able to trade down and get some picks.

5cc10e04ae874.image.jpg

Miami spent its offseason both shedding contracts — bye, Ryan Tannehill, Danny Amendola and others — and signaling its intent to “Tank for Tua,” the prospective No. 1 overall pick in 2020. What better way to build for the distant, distant future than by drafting a player who likely won’t see the field for another 18 months? Simmons is a good value play, even with his torn ACL, and his pick could set the Fins up for long-term success.

https://tucson.com/miami-dolphins-j...cle_a1373a34-671b-11e9-8bf5-afc21a2e59e5.html

Last edited:
I've been thinking about him today. I mean, at the end of the day we are "reloading". I can see it....

Wouldn't do it, but I can see it.

Simmons can be a total steal. It's hard to get good info on his incident. I have searched for it. But, somewhere I saw a rumor that he was defending his mother or other family member.

It's hard for us to know the deal without an investigator looking into it, and the team interviewing the kid. He seems to have come up ok the past few years. He's a physical specimen and could be a very impressive player. If the background check comes out favorably (I suspect it will), I think he can be an impact player for us.

Simmons can be a total steal. It's hard to get good info on his incident. I have searched for it. But, somewhere I saw a rumor that he was defending his mother or other family member.

It's hard for us to know the deal without an investigator looking into it, and the team interviewing the kid. He seems to have come up ok the past few years. He's a physical specimen and could be a very impressive player. If the background check comes out favorably (I suspect it will), I think he can be an impact player for us.
When the injury occurred there was someone that made the comment that he had seen his surgeon and that he was told that as far as ACL tears goes, it was not bad. Whether that is factual or not, I don't know.:shrug:

ACL + Bad Off Field Report in Past = Will NOT be Brian Flores 1st pick in Miami

Could be wrong, but just my thinking

I see how taking a talent who would not play next year fits in the Tank for Tua approach, but I really don't want to cheer for guys who hurt women.

I am really happy to not be a Chiefs fan because they seem to collect them.

I cant cheer for this guy. Have you guys seen the video of him beating on the girl thats on the floor??? Once you watch that video, you'll change your mind on having that guy on the team.

I cant cheer for this guy. Have you guys seen the video of him beating on the girl thats on the floor??? Once you watch that video, you'll change your mind on having that guy on the team.

Have to agree... His selection #1 would be a VERY mixed signal.

Blah blah blah im so sad that i saw a video of him beating up someone because thats bad. Now excuse me while i go watch the ultimate ****fighting championships because i have nothing better to do lol.

Ahh hypocrites

Two things I heard recently (like in the last two days) that I didn't know and that gave me just a little pause here (I still would've taken him):

1) He also tore his meniscus and this will complicate the ACL recovery a little bit.
2) He had shoulder surgery last year.

That's a little different than when I thought the ACL was the only thing going on.

Still would've taken the gamble on great.

Back
Top Bottom