16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

16-year-old Scout Evaluates Dion Jordan

watch him on film. How often is he not blocked and makes a sack or stop? Often. Its easy to make a stop when youre not blocked. A few years back the Lions drafted a defensive tackle (Nick Fairley?) in the 1st round who everyone thought was awesome. But looking at his film, he was rarely ever blocked by someone! When youre not blocked, you'll make plays! And look how Nick Fairley is doing....not so good.

I quoted you just so you would realize I was replying toyou, I just spent like 10 mins liking half your post om facebook, love you ideas and where you come from , just putting it out there, sorry for going off topic .

This is all fine and dandy but what does this kid say about Leon Sandcastle?

Thank you. One poster demonstrated an ability to relax and evaluate. Found the nugget. The primary reason I posted this thread was the wildly disparate opinions the kid had on Dion Jordan and Dion Sims. He offered the most negative report on Jordan, and perhaps the most positive one on Sims. Certainly the most glowing one I've seen.

I bookmarked this kid's site a month ago. I read everything weeks ago. I knew he hated Jordan. If I wanted to be cruel I would have posted the Sims evaluation first, and roped in posters to praising the young evaluator. Then dumped the Jordan appraisal. Or never mentioned the Jordan report, and allowed someone to inevitably find it.

This method always had far greater potential. Thanks for playing.

If you're ripping me, there's a huge chance you've already missed the point, but never saw it fly over your head. :lol:

BTW, re the happy meal, I despise McDonald's. I do love the Jets. Disregarding the value of early evaluation is never smart.

I pity anyone who feels the need to make reference to underaged anything.

Looks like the true colors have finally come out!

So you found some random 16 year old kid on the Internet who doesn't like the Dolphins draft. Going to the far ends of the Internet to find negative articles on the Dolphins I see.

this.

Slow news day?

It would be a slow news day, if this was even news. Quoting a 16 year old for his scouting analysis is a new low. Can't even take Awsi or this 16 year old kid seriously, they are probably one in the same.

Disregarding the inevitable turmoil of this thread, I think Mackenzie is a hell of an evaluator. I wanted to give him some publicity and I'm sure we'll hear from him again.

Even if I have to do it. :lol:

My only hesitation the past few days was concern that Dolphin fans would bombard his twitter, or similar.

But I don't fear too much, other than 30 more years of our failed stadium.

I forget which capsule I read first, after stumbling upon the site a month or so ago. It was an immediate eye opener. Such a contrast to the typical safe garbage conventional wisdom. Extraordinarily detailed and thought provoking. He asks questions then answers them defiantly. Covers aspects that others ignore, like Dion Jordan's use of his hands. My only frustration was the gap between entries, once I caught up with everything. I expected the typical cram session leading up to the draft. Instead, it followed the normal schedule. He didn't detail Sims until a week prior to the draft. I disagreed with that one -- overly positive -- but that's never a concern when the caliber of writing is so high and the opinion commanding.

The format is fantastic, far superior to standard methods. Mackenzie provides flash positives and negatives first, instead of wandering text. I can't believe so many scouting reports do it the other way. It enables a quick vision of the player, and captures the reader. When I'm reading Pro Football Weekly's preview book, no matter how impressive it is, I tend to fall asleep, or forget who I'm reading about, when Nolan Nawrocki leads off every player with a high school summation.

Mackenzie deftly expands on everything. The ending is well done also, with a comparison to a prominent NFL player. That serves to tie everything together, a mental image. Then he announces where he would draft the player, and where he expects him to be picked.

Probably the most brilliant aspect of all is Mackenzie's reliance on scouting reports he wrote months and months ago, sometimes nearly a year ago. There's no panic to update and conform.

Sounds like a proud papa.

Some clean ... he's your kid, right?

In the video I saw of Jordan it was like watching the CFL video of Cam Wake before Ireland snatched him for the Dolphins. Wake was raw then, but his athleticism and motor were obvious. His work ethic was also well known at that time. The only question for the Dolphins was whether or not they could coach him up to apply the potential. That is what I think Ireland/Philbin see in Jordan. Were they hoping for Cam Wake 2.0 in Jordan? Yeah, I believe so. I definitely can't knock our staff for rolling the dice on this kid. We could be a big winner with this guy. It's time to take risks like this if we ever want to be perennial Super Bowl contenders again.

Good read. For people bashing the kid do you not think Jordan is a boom or bust type prospect? Obviously since we picked him his ceiling is greatest ever and his floor Jason Taylor type great. I have a feeling if the Jets would have picked him he would be labeled Gholston 2.0 by 95% of the members here.

He does have some nice things to say about Dion Sims, I'm much more excited about that pick now after reading.

LMAO!! You're excited about a 16 year old's opinion of a TE that was picked in the 4th round, yet, you like his analysis of a player that was considered a top 5 pick in Dion Jordan? He used the word awful and mediocre multiple, but offered nothing of value as to why he though this. I will trust the people that get paid to do this.

Not sure what film he watched if he thinks Jordan is bad against the run. I appreciate the effort and dedication to the game, but he has a lot to learn, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom