161 to 157 HOLY | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

161 to 157 HOLY

Alex44 said:
Nets vs Pheonix

161 to 157

I didnt even see who won I just know thats a CRAZY score

Sounds to me like a good defensive basketball game. Or do they even still play D in the NBA anymore?

Wow 2 great defensive teams...4th highest scoring game in history.Nash with a career high 42.I think it was 3 ot's tho.

That's nothing....I remember watching a game back in the day where the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Denver NO-guts by a score of around 186-182.

Roman529 said:
That's nothing....I remember watching a game back in the day where the Milwaukee Bucks beat the Denver NO-guts by a score of around 186-182.

:lol: How do you score 182 points and LOSE a game

Alex44 said:
:lol: How do you score 182 points and LOSE a game

Ooops actually it was against the Detroit Pistons in 1983:

Beyond his sense of humor and sharp wit, a big part of Doug Moe's legacy as coach of the Denver Nuggets (1980-90) was that his teams always played an up-tempo, offensive-minded style of basketball. No single game proves this point better than the Pistons-Nuggets matchup on December 13, 1983, when the two teams played the highest-scoring game in NBA history.
DEC. 13, 1983
Highlights from the highest-scoring game ever:
spacer-1.gif

history_dendet_188_186_grab-1.jpg

56k | 300k
On that night in Denver, the two clubs combined for 370 total points, as the Pistons won the triple-overtime game, 186-184. Among the most interesting statistical feats:

It was 2 overtimes, and I swear it was J-Kidd and Nash trying to one up each other. Kidd is still bitter cause of the way he was shipped out of here I think. Regardless, I would skip through channels, and check in once in a while. After about 3 hours of basketball couldnt believe it was still on.....I actually thought they were replaying some of the highlights till I saw the score and the period.....

It was a great game, Kidd and Nash put on a show!

Kidd and Nash hugged after the game, they respect each other it seems.

Back
Top Bottom