17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seems like it’s a matter of when the nfl goes to a 17 game schedule. Under this format every team would get 8 home games 8 road games and 1 neutral site game. Which would mean Miami could probably still host SBs without giving up home games to London or Mexico.

also seems like fans in London could get season tickets to 8 games a year and Mexican fans could get season tickets for the other 8 games a season.

is 17 game schedule good for Miami?

Seems like it’s a matter of when the nfl goes to a 17 game schedule. Under this format every team would get 8 home games 8 road games and 1 neutral site game. Which would mean Miami could probably still host SBs without giving up home games to London or Mexico.

also seems like fans in London could get season tickets to 8 games a year and Mexican fans could get season tickets for the other 8 games a season.

is 17 game schedule good for Miami?
Unfortunately the league rule is: if you want your city host a Super Bowl you have to give up a home game. :shrug:

The players may actually agree to a 17 game schedule.

They will reluctantly because the money and pressure applied. But they’ve been against it for years. Watch every player interviewed on that question and they don’t like it. The owners actually wanted to push for 18 games and now it looks like the players will cave to 17.

CFL teams play 18 games a season... On the surface, I'd say injuries arent more of a problem in their league...?

They will reluctantly because the money and pressure applied. But they’ve been against it for years. Watch every player interviewed on that question and they don’t like it. The owners actually wanted to push for 18 games and now it looks like the players will cave to 17.
Looks like if they agree to a 17 game schedule, punishment from being positive For weed will go away, less fines for on field penalties. 2 less preseason games and more share of the revenue like you said

Looks like if they agree to a 17 game schedule, punishment from being positive For weed will go away, less fines for on field penalties. 2 less preseason games and more share of the revenue like you said

yeah they must eliminate at least two preseason game’s if not three

Could be worse. At least we’re not Jacksonville. Their owner is giving up a 2nd home game annually to London next year.

Totally against a 17 game schedule, these guys get beat up enough. If they do, then give them two bye weeks and get rid of that asinine Thursday night game

Players don't like the Thur night game, but they like the revenue and cap affect

Players don't like the Thur night game, but they like the revenue and cap affect

I would say if you can interview the players on Thursday night games the majority would totally be in favor of scrapping it. I’d say a very large majority

I would say if you can interview the players on Thursday night games the majority would totally be in favor of scrapping it. I’d say a very large majority

Never said otherwise. Mainly because I don't know how they'd vote. I DO know the TNF adds revenue which increases the cap which leads to higher salaries. My point was the vote wouldn't be strictly 'like it or not,' but there would be 'I don't like it, but bad enough to reduce revenue?' How would that affect the vote? Don't pretend to know.

Back
Top Bottom