17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami?

Totally against a 17 game schedule, these guys get beat up enough. If they do, then give them two bye weeks and get rid of that asinine Thursday night game

If they cut the preseason in half, all is good.

I actually don't mind a 17 game season at all. That seems to be a fair way to do it and as long as everyone plays 1 neutral site game, we could expose games and teams to new cities, regions, countries, continents, etc.. If we want the game to survive, we need to avoid the whole concussion stuff as that problem is only going to get worse. But if more of the world adopts the NFL, it might be easier to defend and preserve. Just my $0.02. Oh yeah, and I'm sick of giving up home games for International games.

If they cut the preseason in half, all is good.

Eh, starters don’t even play the preseason games anymore so I’m not sure cutting out a couple would help. Would love to cut a couple of preseason games though just because it’s overkill and useless

Seems like it’s a matter of when the nfl goes to a 17 game schedule. Under this format every team would get 8 home games 8 road games and 1 neutral site game. Which would mean Miami could probably still host SBs without giving up home games to London or Mexico.

also seems like fans in London could get season tickets to 8 games a year and Mexican fans could get season tickets for the other 8 games a season.

is 17 game schedule good for Miami?

Neutral Site game? How does that work? That seems idiotic. Why not just alphabetically have half of the league rotate each year to having 9 games at home? So then every other year you get 9 home games.

Love the concept of one more game of football. The injury thing is moot. They'll hornswoggle more pay and moan about it just like they did when it went from 12 to 16. They don't need an extra bye. They'll be fine. Just up the 53 roster to 58 or something.

They need to increased roster sizes then. Eliminate at least one preseason game

Blegh. Conjecture. They also get paid a lot. 20 of the teams dont make the playoffs so they can't play one more game than 16? Really?

I don’t know what world you live in but the product is watered down enough with the Thursday night game and injuries. You want another game and so do the rest of us but at the end of the day we want a good product on the field and that means getting rid of that mid week travesty, shorten preseason. 16 games a year is perfect and is working fine, no need to change it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it’s a matter of when the nfl goes to a 17 game schedule. Under this format every team would get 8 home games 8 road games and 1 neutral site game. Which would mean Miami could probably still host SBs without giving up home games to London or Mexico.

also seems like fans in London could get season tickets to 8 games a year and Mexican fans could get season tickets for the other 8 games a season.

is 17 game schedule good for Miami?
I bet they could get it passed 17 games, 2 preseason.

Knock it off guys.

Be civil in your responses or they will be edited or deleted

Carry on

They wont add one regular season and eliminate two preason.

17 regular season = 3 preseason games IMO.

And when you think about it 3 preseason games makes sense. The forth preseason game teams hardly ever play starters.

Neutral Site game? How does that work? That seems idiotic. Why not just alphabetically have half of the league rotate each year to having 9 games at home? So then every other year you get 9 home games.

Love the concept of one more game of football. The injury thing is moot. They'll hornswoggle more pay and moan about it just like they did when it went from 12 to 16. They don't need an extra bye. They'll be fine. Just up the 53 roster to 58 or something.
I assume everyone would play a game in either London or Mexico where there is no home or road team

Players are fighting tooth and nail not to have roster expansion. That's probably the only option that will lower players pay unless revenue share increases dramatically over the normal bump each extension.

Back
Top Bottom