17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

17 Game Schedule=No London Home Games for Miami?

Who would the 17th game be against? The opposite conference
Good question. Currently it's somewhat balanced with 6 divisional games, 4 against a rotating division in the other conference, and then 2 in each of the 3 remaining divisions one's own conference. Where to put the extra game?

I don’t know what world you live in but the product is watered down enough with the Thursday night game and injuries. You want another game and so do the rest of us but at the end of the day we want a good product on the field and that means getting rid of that mid week travesty, shorten preseason. 16 games a year is perfect and is working fine, no need to change it now.

Agreed. I've said a few times only about 28 of 32 starters are true NFL starters and about 45 of 53 on the roster are NFL quality. Roster expansion has a down side

Good question. Currently it's somewhat balanced with 6 divisional games, 4 against a rotating division in the other conference, and then 2 in each of the 3 remaining divisions one's own conference. Where to put the extra game?
Hmm I thinking, let’s take Miami for example they play the NFC West and AFC West this year, their division and their two last place games in Cincinnati and Jacksonville. Maybe carry that to the opposite conference and Miami plays a last place team from one of the 3 divisions they’re not playing. So either Washington, Detroit or Carolina in a neutral site game.

With Jacksonville doing another home game in London, I hope they don’t make Miami go to Play Jacksonville as Jacksonville is one of Miami’s road opponents this year

Go to 17 games. Add a bye week. Remove two preseason games. Add a few roster spots and increase the players' revenue share slightly to make room for them. The share increase wouldn't need to be much as the extra players would be league minimum types.

I don’t see them agreeing to certain teams playing 9 road games and others playing 9 home games
Why? It would rotate every other year. Whats the big deal? If I owned the team I'd take that a lot better than going to Mexico with questionable security or going all the way to London.

Why? It would rotate every other year. Whats the big deal? If I owned the team I'd take that a lot better than going to Mexico with questionable security or going all the way to London.
Because it could decide why team A made the playoffs over team B because team A got 9 home games and team had to go on the road 9 times. You don’t think that would be controversial?

Because it could decide why team A made the playoffs over team B because team A got 9 home games and team had to go on the road 9 times. You don’t think that would be controversial?

They aren't going to play 9 home games or 9 road games. Every team would play 8 home games, 8 road games, and 1 neutral site game. That means nobody would lose a home game like teams do now when they play in London or Mexico City.

Last edited:

My guess it would be a team from the NFC. So like this coming year the AFC East plays the NFC West. So maybe the extra game would be the AFC East against a team from the NFC South. Like the Patriots would face the Saints, the Bills would face the Falcons, the Jets would face the Buccaneers, and the Dolphins would face the Panthers. The matchups would be determined by where you finish in the division. Those could all be the neutral site games. They could rotate the divisions like they do now with one entire division. So in 2021 I believe the AFC East plays the NFC South. So they could rotate the one neutral game with a team from the NFC North for example.

Last edited:
They aren't going to play 9 home games or 9 road games. Every team would play 8 home games, 8 road games, and 1 neutral site game. That means nobody would lose a home game like teams do now when they play in London or Mexico City.
Um I know this. You might wanna reply to Fin-Loco and explain this to him

My guess it would be a team from the NFC. So like this coming year the AFC East plays the NFC West. So maybe the extra game would be the AFC East against a team from the NFC South. Like the Patriots would face the Saints, the Bills would face the Falcons, the Jets would face the Buccaneers, and the Dolphins would face the Panthers. The matchups would be determined by where you finish in the division. Those could all be the neutral site games. They could rotate the divisions like they do now with one entire division. So in 2021 I believe the AFC East plays the NFC South. So they could rotate the one neutral game with a team from the NFC North for example.

I understand what you're saying. Question is - no one in this thread yet has expressed what the term "neutral site" actually is. In what LOCATION would the Dolphins play the Panthers? At some other team's home stadium? That would be bizarre...

I understand what you're saying. Question is - no one in this thread yet has expressed what the term "neutral site" actually is. In what LOCATION would the Dolphins play the Panthers? At some other team's home stadium? That would be bizarre...
It’s already been mentioned that the league said the neutral site game would most likely be an international game.

No I believe neutral site would be somewhere out of the country.

Back
Top Bottom