18-20 Record | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18-20 Record

Context that would help these figures would be to consider what was UCLA's anticipated ranking/WL coming into those seasons?

Did he under-perform with a talented team? Did he maximize the offensive output of a minimally talented offense?

Those are more important to me than specific wins and losses.

Context that would help these figures would be to consider what was UCLA's anticipated ranking/WL coming into those seasons?

Did he under-perform with a talented team? Did he maximize the offensive output of a minimally talented offense?

Those are more important to me than specific wins and losses.

Well, I mentioned that there were 7 players drafted in the first two rounds whole Rosen was there and this past draft...only one other player was an offensive player.

I never been a stats fan in the first place but the worst stat anybody could use is a w/l record from college. :lol:

3-13 in the pros

UCLA was preseason top 15 his first two years. He wasnt working with complete dog **** there. Jim Mora Jr. wasnt some dumbass either.

We can make all the excuses we want. He hasnt been on a winning team since 2015.

UCLA just went 3-9 in 2018 without him, their worst season since 1971, so there is that.

And during his 3 years the Bruins were 17-13 when he played and 1-7 when he didn't.

Last edited:
Alabama has gone about 120-0 over the past 10 years, and besides Tua, I can’t think of a decent QB to pan out in the pros

3-13 in the pros

UCLA was preseason top 15 his first two years. He wasnt working with complete dog **** there. Jim Mora Jr. wasnt some dumbass either.

We can make all the excuses we want. He hasnt been on a winning team since 2015.
If you're talking about Josh Rosen, he went 3-10 over his 2 coordinators in AZ. Not much different than Sam Darnold's 4-9 but I don't hear anyone calling for his head.

If you're talking about Josh Rosen, he went 3-10 over his 2 coordinators in AZ. Not much different than Sam Darnold's 4-9 but I don't hear anyone calling for his head.

Darnold is a less talented Matthew Stafford. What's your point?

3-13 in the pros

FSU was number 3 in the country before Jimbo's last season...finished unranked

This past season Wisconsin was number 4 and finished unranked...

The university of Miami finished unranked after starting 8th.

Preseason rankings in college football mean very little.

Darnold is a less talented Matthew Stafford. What's your point?
My primary point is that you are misrepresenting data to push your agenda. But cutting to the chase, it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else outside the organization thinks. It's also indisputable that whether he works out or not, we now have the most naturally gift QB in house since #13. And my point is that anyone who's not rooting for Rosen to succeed is not a true Fins fan.

Well, I mentioned that there were 7 players drafted in the first two rounds whole Rosen was there and this past draft...only one other player was an offensive player.

You did, and that's helpful context.

And I wouldn't want any of those QBs starting on our Dolphins, BTW.

Pre-season rankings are just another stat, and I do think they are relevant in terms of expectations for the team. There are obvious deficiencies such not accounting for Willie Taggart to completely run the FSU program into the dirt schematically, but it's a stat worth noting.

It was thrown around here often that Ryan Tannehill always managed to lead a hyped up, pre-season ranked Texas A&M to a meager .500 record. People used to try and tell me that didn't matter either. I'm not saying a college QBs win/loss record is the judge and jury of analyzing a QB, but I certainly think it's relevant.

My primary point is that you are misrepresenting data to push your agenda. But cutting to the chase, it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else outside the organization thinks. It's also indisputable that whether he works out or not, we now have the most naturally gift QB in house since #13. And my point is that anyone who's not rooting for Rosen to succeed is not a true Fins fan.

No I am a dolphins fan. I just see things differently on how we are going to get back to the top. Rosen to me is not the path. I dont see anything from him that makes me believe he can compete with Luck, Mahomes, Watson, or Mayfield for the next 10 years. Gonna be tough to do it in the AFC unless you got a top shelf QB. We got a guy that hasnt been on a winning team since 2015 or thrown for more than 26 TDs in a season in that same time frame. Just my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong.

I get what you are saying but Josh Rosen's team for the past four years have not met expectations. You can explain that for one year. Maybe two years. But for 4? Something to it I feel like. Maybe he has been in a **** situation for those four years but you are gonna have to make a solid argument that UCLA in a down PAC 12 was a terrible situation. I made excuses for Tannehill for long enough. I think I learned my lesson.

And if Rosen doesn't succeed, we may be back to it...

Is it the Qb? Is it the OL? Or whatever else... And we'll go back to the cute nicknames.

Im not a Rosen lover by any means but....
UCLA Defensive ranks with Rosen

117th
59th
56th
Some around here would say he’s the reason why the defense rank so low. If he had been able to stay on the field and score more points the defense would’ve ranked higher.

Back
Top Bottom