18 game schedule??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18 game schedule???

TorontoFin said:
You may have confused Toronto basketball with that of your own hometown. the raptors are doing just fine, thank you very much -- 6th in attendance in the couple years -- despite losing seasons. It may not be at capacity LAV (Life after vince), but still better than many other NBA teams.

You may be right that players don't want to come here, but frankly I don't think the NBA or NFL gives a s---, as long as the franchise is making money,a nd a TO NFL team will make a heck of a lot more money than the bills, to name one team..

The Grizz had this city...the problem was ownership was distracted trying to get the Canucks' house in order...AND we had the worst General Manager in the history of professional sports.

Will never happen. The union will then demand for a major increase in the salary cap and will also demand for more in the CBA. More jobs, expanded rosters, larger bonuses to the players.

The owners would make more money short-term, but in the end they would lose much more as well. Not to mention by the Super Bowl teams would be so banged up you would be watching back-up's and a low quality of play.

16 is just right. I wouldn't mind seeing it pushed back to 14 in all honesty. 14 games, two bye weeks, and add another playoff team. That way we see who really is the best of the best.

18 games with only 2 pre season games... It has been talked about.. wouldn't go into effect until a new CBA is announced..

I am sure there will be expansion in the future.They could come up with another division in each league and eliminate the wild card games.There is something wrong watching two mediocre teams like the Rams and Seahawks play in a playoff game.

I dont think they will increase the No of games played.

CrunchTime said:
I am sure there will be expansion in the future.They could come up with another division in each league and eliminate the wild card games.There is something wrong watching two mediocre teams like the Rams and Seahawks play in a playoff game.

I dont think they will increase the No of games played.

They will NEVER get rid of the Wild Card. You could have a team win a division at 8-8 and make the playoffs. And have a team go 12-4 NOT make the playoffs only because a team in their division went 13-3!

Because of marketing and the increase in salaries and the demands of the advertisers concerning value of their dollar, I think the NFL will eventually be forced to lengthen the regular season.

TorontoFin said:
The CFL isn't a real league. :lol: No really, get rid of it, so I can finally have an NFL team here, put them in the AFC east so I don't have to drive 2 hours to the armpit of America to watch my fins evey year, where I have survive some of the butt-ugliest women on earth for a day.
if Toronto got a team, that would mean the end of the Bills though. At least 25% of their revenue is generated from incoming S. Ontarians.

I'm not sure the NFL could expand into the Great White North. There are a lot of legal issues to iron out under Ontario and Canadian labor law. I guess they could work on them in the new CBA but that's still al lot of upfront $$$ in legal fees. Plus, there's no guarantee Ottawa would approve the expansion, even if the NFL was willing to do it.

Besides, where are all the NCAA players who washed out of the NFL going to go? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom