18 game schedule??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18 game schedule???

wpgfishfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Will the NFL ever go to the 18 game schedule. The CFL used to be 16 games and about 10?? years ago they went to 18 and everyone seemed to love it

I think if the NFL is to expand to LA, Mexico, Canada they will need to up the games

Opinions???

Expanding to LA will cause 33 teams and uneven division.
I dont see new franchise being given to LA.
I expect one NFL team to move there.
I dont see teams being brought up in Mexico and Canada.
16 games is perfect.

As a fan I have no objections to lengthening the schedule. :)

I think a 18 game schedule with only 2 Preseason games would work. More money for the NFL because regular season games make more money then Preseason Games. Also 18 games would give teams a better shot at determining who should be in teh playoffs. The only problem would be teh records. They'd have to make new records for everything.

I think 16 games is perfect. Look at all the injuries the league has now...imagine adding 2 games?

Tagliabue is too smart to overexpand. I'm sure that the NFL really wanted to they could add about 10 teams. That being said Tagliabue knows they have a good thing going and adding teams would dillute the talent pool AND most importantly, make the owners share the money pie with somemore owners.

I honestly don't see expansion happening in the NFL for a long time. L.A. will get their team eventually (if they ever build a stradium). I think some owner will eventually go for the money...my bet is it will be the Saints.

unifiedtheory said:
I think 16 games is perfect. Look at all the injuries the league has now...imagine adding 2 games?

Tagliabue is too smart to overexpand. I'm sure that the NFL really wanted to they could add about 10 teams. That being said Tagliabue knows they have a good thing going and adding teams would dillute the talent pool AND most importantly, make the owners share the money pie with somemore owners.

I honestly don't see expansion happening in the NFL for a long time. L.A. will get their team eventually (if they ever build a stradium). I think some owner will eventually go for the money...my bet is it will be the Saints.
;'

Thus shortening the preseason by 2 games. Would be the same amount of games

wpgfishfan said:
The CFL used to be 16 games and about 10?? years ago they went to 18 and everyone seemed to love it

The CFL isn't a real league. :lol: No really, get rid of it, so I can finally have an NFL team here, put them in the AFC east so I don't have to drive 2 hours to the armpit of America to watch my fins evey year, where I have survive some of the butt-ugliest women on earth for a day.
if Toronto got a team, that would mean the end of the Bills though. At least 25% of their revenue is generated from incoming S. Ontarians.

unifiedtheory said:

LA will get a team and I don't think anyone will move so this will probably lead to a team in Toronto which makes it a 34 team league, and lopsided divisions so I think this will lead to an 18 games schedule dowm the road

Personally I hope nothing changes

LtDan662002 said:
;'

Thus shortening the preseason by 2 games. Would be the same amount of games
]

In those preseason games the starters play about a quarter and the training camp fodder/borderline players play the rest of the time. Adding 2 regular season games would add 2 more games of wear and tear to the starters, hense more injuries.

wpgfishfan said:
LA will get a team and I don't think anyone will move so this will probably lead to a team in Toronto which makes it a 34 team league, and lopsided divisions so I think this will lead to an 18 games schedule dowm the road

Personally I hope nothing changes

No way Toronto gets a team. I think the NFL will look at how the NBA experiment is going in Toronto and realize they would have issues.

The players would not want to move to Canada....sad but true.

The NFL will look at Mexico LONG before Canada in my opinion.

Although...if Toronto did get an NFL team it would create a team that I could hate almost as much as I hate our AFC East rivals...:tongue:

unifiedtheory said:
]

In those preseason games the starters play about a quarter and the training camp fodder/borderline players play the rest of the time. Adding 2 regular season games would add 2 more games of wear and tear to the starters, hense more injuries.

Oh, well. I like the idea. Doubt it would ever happen but I like it

unifiedtheory said:
No way Toronto gets a team. I think the NFL will look at how the NBA experiment is going in Toronto and realize they would have issues.

The players would not want to move to Canada....sad but true.

The NFL will look at Mexico LONG before Canada in my opinion.

Although...if Toronto did get an NFL team it would create a team that I could hate almost as much as I hate our AFC East rivals...:tongue:

You may have confused Toronto basketball with that of your own hometown. the raptors are doing just fine, thank you very much -- 6th in attendance in the couple years -- despite losing seasons. It may not be at capacity LAV (Life after vince), but still better than many other NBA teams.

You may be right that players don't want to come here, but frankly I don't think the NBA or NFL gives a s---, as long as the franchise is making money,a nd a TO NFL team will make a heck of a lot more money than the bills, to name one team..

The NFL won't expand because the divisions they have now are equal and they don't want to change that. The new LA team will most likely be a team that will move from another city, probably either the Colts or most likley the Saints.

Back
Top Bottom