1972 dolphins vs 1984 dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1972 dolphins vs 1984 dolphins

Funny because ive done this in Madden before on the hardest level. i being the 84 Fins and i won by 10 points. After i came back to reality though i had realized that the 72' team probably would have...no wait...they would have beat Marino and the 84 team. They would have done the same shi+ that Walsh and the Niners did and drop 6 guys back and make Marino beat em and control the clock with Csonka and Morris. It might have a been a tad closer bu the 72' team would have won. Hard for me to say too because even though they lost the Sb that year...the 84 team was my alltime favorite. If nothing else you have to give the 72' team the edge for winning it all and. Good post though. :D

We can probably check it out, but I bet that the offensive and defensive linemen from the '84 team would have a big weight advantage over their '72 counterparts.

Not to mention, those '72 guys are getting pretty old... (sorry, had to do it)

PHINATIC13 said:
I think DM would lightem up! they(72') would have never seen a passing attack like that before.

Sigh...thats what the world thought Marino and the 84' team would do to the Niners, and the 72' teams defense was twice as ferocious. Like i said the 84 team..hand down my favorite but in a match between the 2...you have to give it up to the defense oriented/smashmouth football Phins of old who won it all.

Yeah, I know I might be voting with my heart.:cry:

merlin00069 said:
Sigh...thats what the world thought Marino and the 84' team would do to the Niners, and the 72' teams defense was twice as ferocious. Like i said the 84 team..hand down my favorite but in a match between the 2...you have to give it up to the defense oriented/smashmouth football Phins of old who won it all.

Shula Wins!!!

Dan Marino is my favorite Dolphin of All-Time. BUT the '72 was flawless as in no weakness. They were cerebral and worked as a unit to perfection. The '84 team would score their points. But the '72 would control the clock on offense, bend and not break on defense. Conclusion: close game but '72 team wins with either a Garo FG or short-yardage TD. Either way: SHULA WINS!!!

PHINATIC13 said:
Yeah, I know I might be voting with my heart.:cry:

I want to say that the 84' team would win as well. Im also not lying when i say that if i could give up the 72' undefeated season and give that ring to Marino and the 84 Fins. I would. I know im gonna get some crap for that...but tis how i feel. Marino deserved that ring more than any player in recent memory and it's beyond a shame that he never got his ring. Cest la vie...thats life, but if i had my way i would switch them. :wink:

ok i also think the 72 phins because of there team play
one other question then 1972 phins 1984 49'ers

merlin00069 said:
I want to say that the 84' team would win as well. Im also not lying when i say that if i could give up the 72' undefeated season and give that ring to Marino and the 84 Fins. I would. I know im gonna get some crap for that...but tis how i feel. Marino deserved that ring more than any player in recent memory and it's beyond a shame that he never got his ring. Cest la vie...thats life, but if i had my way i would switch them. :wink:
you would give up the most amazing feat in sports by a team so one person could have something he couldn't earn on his own

What about the 84 offense and the 72 defense--that would be something. It would be interesting to see how many of 84 defense would get into the 72 team and how many 72 offense would get into the 84 team--N Evans and L Little come to mind,who else do you think guys. I can think of a few but you tell me who you think

Whitedolphin54 said:
What about the 84 offense and the 72 defense--that would be something. It would be interesting to see how many of 84 defense would get into the 72 team and how many 72 offense would get into the 84 team--N Evans and L Little come to mind,who else do you think guys. I can think of a few but you tell me who you think

Warfield would be a lock to make the "'84 Offense" from the '72 team... same goes for Csonka, Kiick, and Morris.

Back
Top Bottom