1974 Miami Dolphins jacket | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1974 Miami Dolphins jacket

Can someone get me one of those Late Night with David Letterman jackets? Thanks

The logo patches are wrong on the jacket...it must be a later throwback version.

1974 was the year the logo changed to centre the dolphin within the ring. If you look at photos from that particular Super Bowl you’ll see that both logo variations were actually used on the helmets in the game.

Edit: the centred logo from the jacket was also used in the end zone art at the game.

1974 was the year the logo changed to centre the dolphin within the ring. If you look at photos from that particular Super Bowl you’ll see that both logo variations were actually used on the helmets in the game.

Edit: the centred logo from the jacket was also used in the end zone art at the game.
Yes but the Super Bowl was in January 1974....The 73’ Dolphins did not wear that and most of the actual photos Had it the throwback way. It would be odd for the NFL to approve a logo change for only the Super Bowl?

I had a lot of Miami Dolphins items from the Super Bowl years at one time. Unfortunately Hurricane Andrew happened and along with my home which was destroyed in the storm, all those items were also destroyed. Yet I will always have my memories of those years and in the end, that is all that really matters.

Back
Top Bottom