1981 Playoff Game Sd @ Miami In The Nfln At 230pm | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1981 Playoff Game Sd @ Miami In The Nfln At 230pm

San Diego has beat us twice in classic playoff games. The '94 playoff loss to them was a killer!

Yep. But don’t forget that after surrendering the lead. Dan the Man got the ball with only :32 remaining and took us right down the field for what should have been the GM winning FG, but Stoyanovich missed the 47 yarder.

People forget how clutch #13 really was. Rarely did he ever not come through when given a shot. It was defense and ST’s that was usually the Dolphins downfall.

Yep. But don’t forget that after surrendering the lead. Dan the Man got the ball with only :32 remaining and took us right down the field for what should have been the GM winning FG, but Stoyanovich missed the 47 yarder.

Well aware. I was at the game. And Just by chance I had seats next to Charger and ex-Dolphin Shawn Lee's wife. Had to listen to her mf Don Shula all game and how Shawn got a raw deal in Miami

I was at that game sitting in the west endzone. We left for the game without tickets and ended up buying some through the car window while waiting to exit I95 for the OB.
Great memory.

Both those San Diego losses are in my bottom five losses, exceeded only by the Sea Of Hands. They’re right down the with the Super Bowl losses to the 49ers and Washington in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom