1984 Dolphin football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1984 Dolphin football

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I got from a old lady a 1984 miami dolphin football autographed.Dan Marino,Mark Clayton ,Mark Duper,Reggie Roby,even Don Shula..She was having a garage sale.She told me that her husband died and he loved the dolphins.She gave me that ball for $40.00.How much you all think it worth.44 dolphins signed this ball

I dont no what you mean.but it is real ink nothing stamped if that is what you mean.

kingfin said:
I got from a old lady a 1984 miami dolphin football autographed.Dan Marino,Mark Clayton ,Mark Duper,Reggie Roby,even Don Shula..She was having a garage sale.She told me that her husband died and he loved the dolphins.She gave me that ball for $40.00.How much you all think it worth.
If its signatures are authentic you got away with a steal.

T tes said:
If its signatures are authentic you got away with a steal.
How do you tell.It looks like they all signed it .I counted 44 names.

kingfin said:
I got from a old lady a 1984 miami dolphin football autographed.Dan Marino,Mark Clayton ,Mark Duper,Reggie Roby,even Don Shula..She was having a garage sale.She told me that her husband died and he loved the dolphins.She gave me that ball for $40.00.How much you all think it worth.

There are experts who can authenticate the signatures. Without some sort of authentication, the football is not worth all that much. With authentication, the ball is worth $500 or more.

Here's a link to PSADNA, one of the best respected services.

http://www.psadna.com/fees.chtml

The quote of $500 is very generous. But rememebr value is whatever anyone is willing to pay. There is a lot that goes into valuing memorabilia. For instance is it on an authentic NFL football? What condition are the signatures? Are they blurred, clean, and bold? Are they faded? Real important is the condition of the signature of the stars. Particularly Marino and Shula. If you e-mail me a picture I can get a quick appraisel for you. If you intend to keep it, and you should, then get it authenticated from PSA/DNA as suggested here. This will increase the value tremednously and serve as authentication for the life of the item. Rest assured that at $40 if they are real signatures you got a hell of a steal. I think low value would be around $200 for poorer condition and high value would be $400 for Mint conditon signatures on a game ball.

PM if you have any more questions.

Back
Top Bottom