1999- The last time 5 qbs drafted in the 1st round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1999- The last time 5 qbs drafted in the 1st round

clutch23

Rookie
Reaction score
With that said, do you guys think we will have the option to draft a legit 1st rd talent QB at 14? Lets say hypothetically all the underclassmen come out (Luck, Gabbert, ect). This isnt a SHOULD WE, but a will we have the option to. Or do you think all 5 QBs will be gone (Luck, Newton, Mallet, Gabbert, Locker, and any other who I missed)?

If the underclassmen come out . . . then yea I think 5 QB's go first round, maybe more.

If the underclassmen come out . . . then yea I think 5 QB's go first round, maybe more.

Do you think they last, is the question. With Cincy, Minny, Carolna, Buffalo, and Sf all picking before us and all withpotential QB needs.

Do you think they last, is the question. With Cincy, Minny, Carolna, Buffalo, and Sf all picking before us and all withpotential QB needs.

Depends alot on how these guys rise at the combine. You got 2 extremely athletic guys with Newton and Locker . . . a guy in Mallet who will walk into the NFL with a top 3 arm . . . the best looking prospect since Peyton Manning in Luck and Gabbert is shooting up everybody's list. Then you throw in a Christian Ponder and Pat Devlin in the mix.

I think we can forget about Luck, Mallet and Newton. Gabbert is looking like a longshot and Locker, I think some GM will fall in love with his ability and what he was able to acomplish at Washington. Still real early to predict anything, but I know I wouldn't want to reach for a QB just for the sake of taking one . . . if it means passing up on other offensive talent . . . and there will be some when we pick.

Back
Top Bottom