1st Quarter Review- Updated For 1st half | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Quarter Review- Updated For 1st half

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1st Quarter Review

Well hello Norv Turner. We missed your brilliant play calling last week.

Splitting Ricky out as a WR and tossing it to him. Then using that play as a decoy several times. The Jets are eating it up.

A FB screen with Ricky split out. Brilliant play calling so far.

For those still wondering why Jay is our QB 2 plays there. The pass to Chambers with Abraham all over him and the running TD.

Most important of all. They RAN Ricky early to get him into a flow. You have to do this every game. Get the defense focused on Ricky.

Defense. Wow Ogunleye playing pretty well so far. That stuff on the reverse and not getting faked by Moss was great.

Madison though.......it's time to demote that boy. Put Surtain on the best receiver and let Madison become the #2 CB.

Waiting for Taylor to show up more..

He almost got to Vinny there once.

Ok 1st half additional notes.

Ricky's doing a great job..........he's keeping our defense off the field.

Concerns:
-Where's the pressure?
-Where's the big plays from the defense?
-Where's McKnight?
-I'd like to see a couple more passes Konrads way.
-Why the heck did we sign Charlie Rogers?
-Todd Wade forget the $$$ you better hope you can even get an average contract with the way your playing.

Positives:
-Run D is making Curtis Martin look like he shoulda been outta the league a couple years ago.
-McMicheals getting some passes
-Chambers has had a couple good passes and a good breakup.
-Ricky is the ultimate decoy
-Haven't noticed Fletcher (that's a good thing)
-Wade Smith. Man going up against Abraham and holding his own so far beyond that one hit on Jay that Jay still completed to Chambers.
-Bates. Thank you for giving us a rare Miami penalty gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chambers - Starting to prove his worth.
Ricky - He is who he is ;).
Jay - Love the heart. Doing "GOOD" so far.

I'm more concerned why we are getting passed on so easily. Possibly due to zone? Anyway, good point..where is our pass rush? Where is our "sack master"? I also would like to see something to McK and McM more involed in the 2nd half.

Also, I can't believe the Jets didn't get a penalty for pulling Ricky to the ground. That's how Priest got hurt.

We are playing a lot better today, do doubt about it but lets not forget to play 60 minutes of football.

Ozzy rules!!

Not much to say as the team did a good job running the clock out through the 2nd half. Not really much going on. Still concerned about pressure.

Back
Top Bottom