1st Round Dream Scenario (poll) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Dream Scenario (poll)

What is your dream scenario for Round 1?

• Total voters
I went with James for his tangibles and intangibles. Helps from day one, can elevate those around him

Other-BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE!
Seriously, I would love to see the Pats mortgage their future to get up to about six, just to miss out on the QB they really want.

I'm good with, and expect to land: Mayfield, Rosen, Fitz, James, Edmunds, or Smith.

Obv Barkley or Chubb would be great but won't be there. I do NOT want a WR or CB however.

So poll says Baker, Derwin, Roquan, good job!

It’s rare to have even 1 good LB who runs sub 4.55 in a draft. There are 5 in this draft. I think this is a deep LB draft.

Baker has has some red flags but the rewards could be astronomical.

It’s likely all three will be off the bosrd when the Dolphins pick at 11. That’s why I propose an alternate selection:
Rudolph, Griffin, Jefferson

Voted Minkah, Smith will not be there at 11. James would be my second choice.

if its a available, trade down for a later 1st (20-25 range) and an early 2nd and a 3rd or 4th next year, or two 3rds this yearand a 2nd next yr.

simething in that ballpark which could get us 3 good players in place of 1.

Trade down. Get extra picks and increase our chances of picking players who will have an impact on the team. If we are able to trade down, it's probably for a QB hungry team which will push down more of the elite defensive players. We should still be able to pick up talent near the 20's.

I like a lot of those scenarios.

I'd look to trade up for Mayfield or Rosen if Miami feels as strongly about these quarterbacks as has been rumored. Of course, rumors right now mean nothing.

The way I see it, the Dolphins either load up on talent around Tannehill or get a quarterback who is ultimately an upgrade. This seems like the season to do that and Miami would likely have to jump the Jets and get up to that #2 overall position.

Mine in order: of somewhat reasonable possibilities
Lamar Jackson - worth it
Baker Mayfield - only if he falls. Not worth moving up for IMO
Roquan Smith - only if he falls
Denzel Ward - perfect if above unavailable
Derwin James - perfect if above unavailable and comfortable moving McDonald to LB

Trade down. Get more picks. Go lb in the first. Quarterback and te in the second. Safety/lb hybrid and guard in the 3rd. Running back 4-6 round, back ups for rest of the picks.

Back
Top Bottom