1st round LB or QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round LB or QB

I like Lamar Jackson, but not at #11. He'd be a trade down candidate for me.

At #11, I don't expect Rosen or Mayfield to be there. Darnold surely won't. I wouldn't draft Allen before the second round.

Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Quenton Nelson, Derwin James. Those are the only players I'd consider. Otherwise, trade down.

I fully expect the Dolphins to draft Vita Vea and this place will suffer a meltdown.

I like Lamar Jackson, but not at #11. He'd be a trade down candidate for me.

At #11, I don't expect Rosen or Mayfield to be there. Darnold surely won't. I wouldn't draft Allen before the second round.

Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Quenton Nelson, Derwin James. Those are the only players I'd consider. Otherwise, trade down.

I fully expect the Dolphins to draft Vita Vea and this place will suffer a meltdown.
This place will meltdown no matter who we pick

Miami needs to address the run defense this year. That has been a weakness for a while now. Even more now that suh is gone.

My two main choices this year for the phish would be.:

1. Roquan Smith LB

0r

1. Lamar Jackson QB.

IMHO i believe lamar jackson will be a better version of the seahawks russel wilson as lamar learned and got better throwing the football from inside the pocket this year.

These two players will not last too long but wouldnt it be something if lamar jackson fell to us in the second round? By divine miracle? Maybe not.

GO PHINS.

Not a fan of either. Smith showed major issues in the run game and a inability to get off blocks. Great chase athlete, terrible poa imo.

And Jackson is nothing like Wilson.

First...Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Mayfield will be gone in the first 5 picks. That’s 4 QBs you add in Chubb, Nelson Barkley, who will all be gone after the Quarterbacks. Then your at pick 8 we are at 11 that leaves Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, R. Smith D. James. Just hope just pray pick 8,9, and 10 are the two safeties and a surprise pick( Davenport or a corner) then we will have our choice of Edmunds and R. Smith. You don’t take Jackson at 11 I’d personally prefer Edmunds.

Hells No to Lamar Jackson. If Miami selects him @ #11, they all and I mean all, should be “FIRED”, on the damn spot. Neither of the LB’s being talked about in the top 10, are games changers and do come with some questionable traits. But they seem to be good prospects none the less. Vita Vea, well he’s just a big $&$ dude, who can help stop the run. I wouldn’t be surprised if Guice, is the pick, or perhaps one of the CB’s at this point, if all the other rumored players are selected before Miami picks.

My hope is the 1st and 2nd pick are starters...our needs are a few and drafting for back ups until they are ready isn't a luxury we can afford...so QB at 11 isn't practical to me because chances of him taking over for Tannehill aren't good...hope to hit on an impact player at 11 & 42....A man can dream

pretty much looking academic at this point as the top 4 QB's are probably not going to be there. Forget about Jackson at 11....even t-dumb is not that dumb. As far as LB.....it all depends who's on the board. Don't reach at 11

Ozzy rules!!

Hells No to Lamar Jackson. If Miami selects him @ #11, they all and I mean all, should be “FIRED”, on the damn spot. Neither of the LB’s being talked about in the top 10, are games changers and do come with some questionable traits. But they seem to be good prospects none the less. Vita Vea, well he’s just a big $&$ dude, who can help stop the run. I wouldn’t be surprised if Guice, is the pick, or perhaps one of the CB’s at this point, if all the other rumored players are selected before Miami picks.
Guise at 11 is also a firable offense.

What's with all the hate for Lamar Jackson? I think he'd be a great guy to have sit on the bench for a few years, work on his shortcomings, and then unleash him out there. With the Tannehill re-do, it's clear RT17 is going to be here a few years, so if you're going to go QB, I don't think one is in the cards for the #11 pick anymore.

In any case, I think if you don't have a guy you like @ 11, I'd trade back, stockpile a few picks, and get someone like Vander Esch from Boise State. Derwin James is a guy I love, and think he'd be a real difference maker in the secondary, Roquan Smith wouldn't be bad either.

I like Nelson, the G, too. He might be that "missing link" on the OL, which has really undergone, IMO, a nice rebuild this offseason.

If you're in love with Lamar Jackson, then you trade back, collect a 2nd rounder or so, and then use that to either move up from the 2nd or wait around in the 2nd to see if he falls. If he's not there, get someone like Lauletta (spelling?) in the 3rd or 4th.

I still cannot wrap my head around anyone saying to draft Lamar Jackson in the first 3 rounds.....let alone at #11.

At 11 I'd select a LB unless Mayfield is there. I think he is going to be a great QB in the NFL. I sure hope the bills or jest don't draft him.

Back
Top Bottom