1st round LB or QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round LB or QB

If we're going to use a pick on a QB then you might as well trade Tannehill.

Get what you can for him and

Avoid the inevitable QB controversy crap that's sure to ensue.

I'd draft a QB somewhere, but I wouldn't spend the #11 pick on it if it's Lamar Jackson being the only guy left on the board at QB...he's a guy I'd trade down for if we're that high on him, which I don't know what our interest really is in him. If Mayfield falls, we may pluck him, given our extreme interest in him, but even then, I think you go for a Nelson, a James, or someone else now that we've made it clear we're going for it with Tannehill.

No sense in moving up, either...look at the price the Colts extracted from the Jets...no telling what they'd do to ol' Trader Mike.

I’m not sold on inaccurate quarterbacks, and that’s how I would rate them. Some of the hype is not real, maybe there will only be two taken by the time Miami picks. They are all flawed in some way, to be honest. I say BPA or hope Allen, Mayfield and maybe even Darnold still there at eleven and trade down twice. I’d bet Chase Litton has a better NFL career than Jackson.

That may very well be true, but, rumor has it Gase and Miami absolutely Love Guice.
Yeah their love for him is out there. But if they pass on a Mayfield, a Edmunds, a Smith to take Guise at 11 I truly feel Tannen-bum and Gase should be immediately let go.

I can't see us going RB that high...I wouldn't call for Gase's head, but it'd be an "iffy" move.

Not quite taking Jamar Fletcher when we had Surtain and Madison, or the beloved Eddie Moore when we had a nice trio of LBs already with Anquan Boldin being out there and us having an obvious hole opposite Chris Chambers...but it'd definitely be fishy.

Yeah their love for him is out there. But if they pass on a Mayfield, a Edmunds, a Smith to take Guise at 11 I truly feel Tannen-bum and Gase should be immediately let go.
I think all of us fans see it the way you’ve described. But I’m prepared for a disappointment on draft day. There’s just too much noice around Guice. Let’s hope it’s a smokescreen? Ideally I’d love to see the pick be Edmunds or James. But like I’ve said, I’m prepping for a twist.

I’m preparing for DT in round one. It’s not what I’m hoping for. My money was on James. I’m betting on Vea now.

I really hope we don't draft Vea with someone like James or Edmonds on the board still...it'd be so stupid, considering we basically created a hole in cutting Suh, just to use our 1st round pick on his replacement...it'd be utterly stupid, but utterly Dolphins at the same time.

TBag gon' TBag though, I guess.

We need to find players that can contribute immediately, that is why we need to go LB in the first, TE in the second and RB or CB in the third. A good QB can be had in the 4th. Just completed a mock draft using a pretty solid and comprehensive big board from Fanspeak using the "LB in the first" strategy and this is how it turned out...

11: R1P11
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VIRGINIA TECH

42: R2P10
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE

73: R3P9
RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA

123: R4P23
QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

131: R4P31
G WYATT TELLER
VIRGINIA TECH

209: R6P35
CB JORDAN THOMAS
OKLAHOMA

227: R7P9
S STEVEN PARKER
OKLAHOMA

229: R7P11
DL JOHN ATKINS
GEORGIA

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=hmvcjk

Last edited:
Deshaun Watson when #12 last year. #11 is not too soon for Lamar Jackson. We all know his freakish skill set, but his personality is dynamic and infectious. He personally knows Stills, Parker, and Drake which translates to an instant locker room culture fit. My bet is that we take him and don't look back.

Back
Top Bottom