1st Round Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Mock Draft

4U2NV

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seems like everybody else is posting mock drafts so I'll post mine. 1st round only.

1. 49ers - QB Aaron Rodgers, Cal
2. Dolphins - RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn
3. Browns - QB Alex Smith, Utah
4. Bears - WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan
5. Bucs - WR Mike Williams, USC
6. Titans - CB Pac-Man Jones, West Virginia
7. Vikings - LB Derrick Johnson, Texas
8. Cardinals - CB Antrel Rolle. Miami
9. Redskins - CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn
10. Lions - DE Marcus Spears, LSU
11. Cowboys - DE Shawne Merriman, Maryland
12. Chargers - WR Troy Williamson, South Carolina
13. Texans - OT Alex Barron, Florida State
14. Panthers - RB Cedric Benson, Texas
15. Chiefs - DE Erasmus James, Wisconsin
16. Saints - S Thomas Davis, Georgia
17. Bengals - DT Travis Johnson, Florida State
18. Vikings - RB Carnell Williams, Auburn
19. Rams - OT Jammal Brown, Oklahoma
20. Cowboys - OT Khalif Barnes, Washington
21. Jaguars - DE David Pollack, Georgia
22. Ravens - WR Mark Clayton, Oklahoma
23. Seahawks - LB Odell Thurman, Georgia
24. Packers - S Brodney Pool, Oklahoma
25. Broncos - DE Demarcus Ware, Troy
26. Jets - CB Justin Miller, Clemson
27. Falcons - DT Shaun Cody, USC
28. Chargers - DE Dan Cody, Oklahoma
29. Colts - CB Fabian Washington, Nebraska
30. Steelers - TE Heath Miller, Virginia
31. Eagles - WR Roddy White, U.A.B.
32. Patriots - LB Channing Crowder, Florida

4U2NV said:
Seems like everybody else is posting mock drafts so I'll post mine. 1st round only.

1. 49ers - QB Aaron Rodgers, Cal
2. Dolphins - RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn
3. Browns - QB Alex Smith, Utah
4. Bears - WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan
5. Bucs - WR Mike Williams, USC
6. Titans - CB Pac-Man Jones, West Virginia
7. Vikings - LB Derrick Johnson, Texas
8. Cardinals - CB Antrel Rolle. Miami
9. Redskins - CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn
10. Lions - DE Marcus Spears, LSU
11. Cowboys - DE Shawne Merriman, Maryland
12. Chargers - WR Troy Williamson, South Carolina
13. Texans - OT Alex Barron, Florida State
14. Panthers - RB Cedric Benson, Texas
15. Chiefs - DE Erasmus James, Wisconsin
16. Saints - S Thomas Davis, Georgia
17. Bengals - DT Travis Johnson, Florida State
18. Vikings - RB Carnell Williams, Auburn
19. Rams - OT Jammal Brown, Oklahoma
20. Cowboys - OT Khalif Barnes, Washington
21. Jaguars - DE David Pollack, Georgia
22. Ravens - WR Mark Clayton, Oklahoma
23. Seahawks - LB Odell Thurman, Georgia
24. Packers - S Brodney Pool, Oklahoma
25. Broncos - DE Demarcus Ware, Troy
26. Jets - CB Justin Miller, Clemson
27. Falcons - DT Shaun Cody, USC
28. Chargers - DE Dan Cody, Oklahoma
29. Colts - CB Fabian Washington, Nebraska
30. Steelers - TE Heath Miller, Virginia
31. Eagles - WR Roddy White, U.A.B.
32. Patriots - LB Channing Crowder, Florida

I think that the Bears are starting to sniff around at getting a RB with their pick. If a RB falls to the Cards then they would have to draft one of them.

I highly doubt Cedric Benson will last to the 14th pick, I say if we get Brown then Bucs will get Benson and vice versa

The Cards will most likely get Travis Henry via trade either before the draft or on draft day and even if they don't I've heard that they really like J.J. Arrington who they would take in the 2nd.

As I've said in other posts the Bucs are in love with Mike Williams and what he could offer their team. The Bucs are also in a position where they can address a need at WR and still be able to adequately fill a need at RB in the 2nd with Marion Barber III.

As far as the Bears go, Thomas Jones played well for them until Grossman got hurt and teams started stacking the line against Jones and eliminating his holes. After he got hurt he was also limited. I think that they are comfortable with Jones as their starter and will look for somebody like Eric Shelton in the 2nd to add some power. They're sorely lacking at wideout despite the Moose signing. He's not the longterm answer at WR for them since he's getting up there in age. After him there's no depth on that team as far as WRs go and Edwards seems like a good fit there.

After that there's just no teams that really need a RB which is why I have both Benson and Caddy falling. It's not a knock against their talent but more an indication of where teams are positioned in other rounds that puts them in a position to still take a RB without surrendering a 1st round pick on one. Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones both nearly fell out of the 1st round entirely last year yet had top 10 talent. It's just a matter of RB not being a huge need at the top of recent drafts.

"After that there's just no teams that really need a RB which is why I have both Benson and Caddy falling. It's not a knock against their talent but more an indication of where teams are positioned in other rounds that puts them in a position to still take a RB without surrendering a 1st round pick on one. Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones both nearly fell out of the 1st round entirely last year yet had top 10 talent. It's just a matter of RB not being a huge need at the top of recent drafts.[/QUOTE]"

Yet another reason for Miami to trade down.

Cadillac williams to the vikings? DOnt they have like 4 decent backs like Michael Bennett Mewelde Moore Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams?

Probably the best and most realistic draft I've seen on this site this preseason.

Very good mock! :up: I do agree that Chicago might go with RB. They need some immediate help offensively. Believe or not, they were worse than us(offensively).

Its quite a mock, with only one questionable point IMHO. Derrick Johnson selected before Merriman? There are an quite a few questions regarding Johnson, perhaps too many to be in the top half of the draft.

Heath Miller to the Steelers would be a steal at 30, they always seem to have someone drop into thier laps.

Hurricane495 said:
Cadillac williams to the vikings? DOnt they have like 4 decent backs like Michael Bennett Mewelde Moore Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams?

hehe, I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to point that out. I understand your line of thinking but the reason I have Caddy going to the Vikings is due to the fact that Smith is only one toke away from missing some pretty hefty playing time. Also, Bennett can't stay healthy and is being shopped. Moore is a 3rd down back at best and isn't capable of handling a full load over an entire season and Moe Williams is an older back in the twilight of his career. Getting Cadillac would save them a lot of potential headaches down the road.

Back
Top Bottom