1st Round Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Pick

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
on the mock drafts on NFL Network one guys mock draft said we are gonna get DE Robert Ayers and the other said WR Percy Harvin. Idk how they come up with these, whether they have inside info or theyre just makin it up.

I was wondering what you think they will use the first pick on and what YOU think we should get.

I saw a couple of them which have Miami going with an OLB for the first pick. I think a mock draft is a lot of guesswork even at the top of the first round and almost random once it gets later on. They can't possibly know who is really going to be there when Miami is picking.

Really, any pick for us that isn't an LB or DB in a mock draft is just not going to happen in my opinion.

Yeah def will be a skill position...a OLB like Cushing, Matthews, English, Sintim, Maybin all are a possibility. As for DB i like Vontae Davis but he wont be there then the next guy would be Butler out of Uconn he looks like the real deal but if he inst there or they feel he will be there at 44 DEF will go with a OLB

on the mock drafts on NFL Network one guys mock draft said we are gonna get DE Robert Ayers and the other said WR Percy Harvin. Idk how they come up with these, whether they have inside info or theyre just makin it up.

I was wondering what you think they will use the first pick on and what YOU think we should get.
I think Ayers is going to fall to the 2nd round. There is no buzz about him.

On top of that he's from Tennessee a school that has produced some players that just haven't excelled at the pro level lately: LB Moore (Dolphins), WR Meacham (New Orleans), DB Allen (Dolphins) to name a few!

Percy Harvin might have made couple extra million dollars with his workout and pushed himself too far out of the Dolphins reach (I hope not into the Jets hands).

Value-wise at 25 the Dolphins will go:
WR (Harvin)
ILB (Maualuga)
OLB (Maybin/English/Johnson)
CB (??? any of the top 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ayers is going to fall to the 2nd round. There is no buzz about him.

On top of that he's from Tennessee a school that has produced some playersd that just haven't excelled at the pro level lately: LB Moore (Dolphins), WR Meacham (New Orleans), DB Allen (Dolphins) to name a few!

Percy Harvin might have made couple extra million dollars with his workout and pushed himself too far out of the Dolphins reach (I hope not into the Jets hands).

Value-wise at 25 the Dolphins will go:
WR (Harvin)
ILB (Maualuga)
OLB (Maybin/English/Johnson)
CB (??? any of the top 4)
Everything I've heard about Johnson is that you marvel at him physically. After he workouts, your amazed. But when he gets on the field, your left scratching your head because the wonderful talent you thought you had is not to be found between the hash marks.

I think the Fins will definitely go with edge rusher DE/OLB or CB depending on best player available with their first two picks. All this can change if a player falls which I have a feeling somebody is going to fall. IF that happens (and the Fins don't want that player) then perhaps the Fins will trade down to a team that does want that particular player.

Back
Top Bottom