1st round picks i would love | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round picks i would love

I'd take Simmons if someone leaps us for Tua. If the Chargers trade with New York, I think Hurbert could fall back a little ways. Maybe 9 at Jacksonville or 12 at Oakland. We could select Simmons and maybe trade back up and maybe get Hurbert at 8.

In a dream defense scenario I'd love to have #5 Simmons, #18 Kinlaw, #26 Murray. Now again it's a dream defensive scenario. Reality will be vastly different for certain.

5. Trade down with Jax to 9th + 42nd - OT Andrew Thomas
18. S X.McKinney
26. Trade down with Carolina to 38th + 2021 1st round.

38. OT A. Jackson
39. C C. Ruiz
42. RB J.K. Dobbins or C. Akers
56. OG Y. Durant

70. TE C. Parkinson or QB. J. Hurts if he falls

With 3 1st round and 2 2nd round picks for 2021 we can go after T.law or J.Fields with a line that has a year of experience..preventing major damage to a rookie QB..IMO T.Law is gonna be an elite QB at the pro level.
Interesting Idea, I’m all for being aggressive to fix this Atrocious OL. But banking on stocking future picks with the idea of being able to trade up for the QB of the future is ridiculous. This year we have 3 firsts 2 seconds with one of those picks being 5th overall. Bengals most likely won’t trade with us, next year whoever gets 1 will want Trevor Lawrence. Maybe you get lucky and there is a team that doesn’t need a QB but that’s highly unlikely.

I do not believe in the quarterback of the future, I do not believe in hope. I believe in four year contract right now.
Fir the most part, that is the NFL now. If you find that right quarterback, though, that is usually a long-term keeper.

Fir the most part, that is the NFL now. If you find that right quarterback, though, that is usually a long-term keeper.
No. The QB gets the first contract. The QB does not get the second contract because four or five years ago he was picked in the first round, otherwise the contracts would be 10 year contracts from the get go. The fact that the Dolphins did that with Tannehill is just part of stupidity that the Dolphins are, but that's not how it goes.

No. The QB gets the first contract. The QB does not get the second contract because four or five years ago he was picked in the first round, otherwise the contracts would be 10 year contracts from the get go. The fact that the Dolphins did that with Tannehill is just part of stupidity that the Dolphins are, but that's not how it goes.
Yeah you're right. I guess it was stupid for New England to ever give Brady a second contract. Same with Pittsburgh and Big Ben, Seattle and Russell Wilson, Bress and New Orleans. And I'm really sure Kansas City is going to blow it by paying Patrick Mahomes. :rolleyes: Seriously, where do you come up with most of your nonsense?

Yeah you're right. I guess it was stupid for New England to ever give Brady a second contract. Same with Pittsburgh and Big Ben, Seattle and Russell Wilson, Bress and New Orleans. And I'm really sure Kansas City is going to blow it by paying Patrick Mahomes. :rolleyes: Seriously, where do you come up with most of your nonsense?

They "earned" the second contract, by taking the team to playoffs and giving their team a chance at superbowl during the first contract, the rookie contract. Second contract must be earned!

A dream draft for me would involve addressing QB, OT, RB and yes in this loaded WR draft a WR. Safety is the only defensive spot I can see hitting early and I still hope it’s after round 1. The defense is looking strong and this team needs to take some swings at fixing the broken QB and O-line.

I really hope this Covid crisis doesn’t screw our medical checks over. With more picks than anyone, we have the most to lose.

Back
Top Bottom