1st Round Player Involved in Sexual Assault in Cleveland Two Weeks Ago? PD Coverup? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Player Involved in Sexual Assault in Cleveland Two Weeks Ago? PD Coverup?

We don't know if it's Malik Hooker at this point. The signs seem to point to someone from the area, could also be Gareon Conley or Mitch Trubisky.

But whoever takes the guy had better have reviewed credit card receipts, surveillance footage, interviewed witnesses, verified whereabouts, done thorough background checks on all witnesses and the accuser, etc. The lawyer of the accused claims it all started at a local bar and then a bunch of people left the bar to go to the player's hotel room for a hotel party. He says the accused was never alone with the woman and has three witnesses to back him up on that.

There should at this point be no assumption of guilt or innocence. There should be no assumption that the female is lying. When police arrived they found her conscious and the player had already left.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Trust me, enough of the details are known that it is well within the reach of some surface sleuthing to discover who the player is. And teams definitely know by now. This sentiment like we're gonna keep it all secret is kind of dumb. I do appreciate what Cleveland PD are trying to do that way, but it's not going to be a secret.

I just saw this. Very interesting. Gotta be careful here, because if these allegations have any merit to them, you don't want to draft whoever the player is.

We don't know if it's Malik Hooker at this point. The signs seem to point to someone from the area, could also be Gareon Conley or Mitch Trubisky.

But whoever takes the guy had better have reviewed credit card receipts, surveillance footage, interviewed witnesses, verified whereabouts, done thorough background checks on all witnesses and the accuser, etc. The lawyer of the accused claims it all started at a local bar and then a bunch of people left the bar to go to the player's hotel room for a hotel party. He says the accused was never alone with the woman and has three witnesses to back him up on that.

There should at this point be no assumption of guilt or innocence. There should be no assumption that the female is lying. When police arrived they found her conscious and the player had already left.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Trust me, enough of the details are known that it is well within the reach of some surface sleuthing to discover who the player is. And teams definitely know by now. This sentiment like we're gonna keep it all secret is kind of dumb. I do appreciate what Cleveland PD are trying to do that way, but it's not going to be a secret.

If they would release the name of a person of interest or a suspect in any other incident of this sort, which I have
to believe they would then it's unethical to play by a different set of standards simply because the person is an
athlete. A spokesperson for the PD I believe was interviewed about it and she said "File a Freedom of Information request"
and apparently there have been +/- 20 filed.

If it's hooker, I'd f***ing draft him so fast

Sounds like a night of partying and now some girl now wants a pay day

Here's hoping a video of Njoku smoking a joint surfaces online.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

If it's hooker, I'd f***ing draft him so fast

Sounds like a night of partying and now some girl now wants a pay day

Could be. It happens, but we'll see.

Here's hoping a video of Njoku smoking a joint surfaces online.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Could be. It happens, but we'll see.

Right. I'm not going to assume anything for now, and if he (or whoever) really is guilty- screw them.

Best not to speculate on who it may be. This sort of stigma is horrible and spreads like wildfire. Most people still do not know that the Duke lacrosse team was fully exonerated, because of the media accusations. The fact that they did not do it is irrelevant in trial by media.

So it is best to not attach names or groups until we find out who.it is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The voice of reason. You are absolutely right.

Hes undraftable don't you think?

http://sportsnaut.com/2017/04/top-nfl-draft-prospect-gareon-conley-accused-of-sexual-assault/

Per the report it would appear the female is alleging Conley raped her. She alleges that he "finished." Given the fact that the female called police following the incident, I would assume a rape kit was performed. This should hopefully be a fairly open and shut case.

I wouldn't touch this guy with a ten foot pole. Quite frankly he sounds like a predator.

He sounds like a predator if you choose to believe the person who's alleging the crime. Innocent until proven guilty. For what it's worth, Conley denies it. Yes, I know. He'd likely deny it either way, but when men get into these situations, it can get sticky. Sometimes, the woman gets caught by her boyfriend and alleges rape. Sometimes, there's a racial element to it, especially if she gets pregnant. In that situation, the woman feels compelled to lie to save face. There's a multitude of reasons why the allegations could be untrue.

And of course, sometimes the guy is just a POS savage who deserves the full brunt of justice. As far as the draft though, he'd be off my board simply because I don't see the case resolving itself before the draft starts.

Back
Top Bottom