1st Rounder Signed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Rounder Signed

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Looks like the picks are finally going to start rolling in. K.C signed their first rounder to a deal that probably will mess things up for everyone else:

Link

The contract is worth $8.847 million and includes a signing bonus of $3.31 million.

He was the 27th pick. Now compare that to Jamar Fletchers #'s and remember that this is the 2nd year in a row for the flat rookie salary cap. Which means there isn't any new money to spend:

1. CB Jamar Fletcher (Wisconsin, No. 26) - Signing bonus: $2,750,000.

That's quite a bit of upfront money.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Looks like the picks are finally going to start rolling in. K.C signed their first rounder to a deal that probably will mess things up for everyone else:

Link

He was the 27th pick. Now compare that to Jamar Fletchers #'s and remember that this is the 2nd year in a row for the flat rookie salary cap. Which means there isn't any new money to spend:

1. CB Jamar Fletcher (Wisconsin, No. 26) - Signing bonus: $2,750,000.

That's quite a bit of upfront money.

I, for one, am exstatic that LJ signed and it turned out to be a good deal for both him and the franchise. Hopefully it will instigate a flood of signings. Carl Peterson has done a magnificent job this offseason.

Uhoh K.C fan popping outta the woodwork hehe.

Nah it's nice that someone finally signed. I just don't know how your going to sign the rest of your picks without doing some incredibally different things. That's a half million raise over 2 years (and one spot later) later despite the fact no more money is available in the pool.

Uhoh K.C fan popping outta the woodwork hehe.

Nah it's nice that someone finally signed. I just don't know how your going to sign the rest of your picks without doing some incredibally different things. That's a half million raise over 2 years (and one spot later) later despite the fact no more money is available in the pool.

That is weird. I know KC and Miami used to have somewhat of a rivalry (well, Miami kicked their butts every year so their fans hated the 'Fins :D ) but to see a KC fan around here at this point and time just seems odd. Oh well, I guess everyone's board in the offseason. :lol:

I have not read the link because I'm still on this stupid dial-up :badpc: but without reviewing the numbers one thing comes to mind about the increase in bonus/salary.

The salary cap increase over the past two years have been comparitively huge. Do you not think that the increase in bonus is directly reflected in the increase in the salary cap ? Without reviewing the actual amount, I think the two year increase in cap has been somewhere around 8 to 10 million..In that retrospect it doesn't look like to bad a deal for the team...

When I saw the figure on sportscenter I thought it was a bad deal for the player. Heck, even at backup status a million a year isn't that good of a contract comparative to the ability he might possess.

If Holmes doesn't regain full form we might be looking at the next "I want to be rewarded for the play comensurate to the other top flight running backs in the NFL."

And the reporter will write, "Nobody told you to sign a seven year deal"....

1972 the rookies have their own salary cap within the cap. That cap has not moved one iota the past 2 years.

So imagine that big ole cap......and then a little tiny one inside it. That little tiny one is for the rookies.

So basically the difference between being drafted #26 2 years ago and #27 this year is a half million increase while the cap hasn't moved at all. K.C will be doing a lot of long term contracts trying to squeeze their lower draft picks in.

Originally posted by Expo88

That is weird. I know KC and Miami used to have somewhat of a rivalry (well, Miami kicked their butts every year so their fans hated the 'Fins :D ) but to see a KC fan around here at this point and time just seems odd. Oh well, I guess everyone's board in the offseason. :lol:

All of our picks are signed except our 7th rounder (who is currently injured). Indications are that Priest will get a contract extension sometime during the preseason with a signing bonus of around 8 million.

1972 the rookies have their own salary cap within the cap. That cap has not moved one iota the past 2 years.

So imagine that big ole cap......and then a little tiny one inside it. That little tiny one is for the rookies.

So basically the difference between being drafted #26 2 years ago and #27 this year is a half million increase while the cap hasn't moved at all. K.C will be doing a lot of long term contracts trying to squeeze their lower draft picks in.

I'm not oblivious to this.

You are oblivious to the point of my post. Read it twice if you have too.

Johnson is getting about 10% more then what the same pick got last year which is pretty much what the picks from last year got compared to the ones before that. Since he was pretty much the last pick to sign for the Chiefs, they could throw whatever they had left at him. I do think its odd that Carl would be the one to set the market though.

Back
Top Bottom