2-3 Year Retool/Rebuild | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2-3 Year Retool/Rebuild

It is always easy tol say that the rebuild is going to take several years. I heard one coach a few years ago say that the rebuild would always take the length of his contract plus one year.

Saying that the rebuild is going to take years is absolving the current front office of any responsibility for the results next year. This is the modern NFL. Turn arounds have occured in the two year time frame. We're now on year two. If not now, exactly when should we hold the front office accountable for failing to achieve the goal of turning the team around?
IMO, you are mixing up two different issues.

Hold the front office accountable? Absolutely. I have never, ever been unhappier as a fan with the FO than I have from the end of last season to now. I don't like the strategy of stripping the team to an expansion team rather than building off a core. They did much more than was necessary and if they didn't intend to tank they did everything accidentally to set it up that way aside from getting Fitzpatrick as QB.

Having said that, now that our car has run out of gas in the middle of nowhere - we still have to walk to the nearest gas station to get gas for our car. This is going to take time no matter whose fault it is. We're stuck with it and have deal with it. I just hope the gas station isn't too far up the interstate. This is going to take time.

Ya never know 49ers had second pick in draft last year and turned it around in 1 season. Granted they were much further along in a rebuild and just had bad injury luck last year. Good Coaching goes a long way if we add the right pieces and hit on a QB, turn arounds can be very quick

Best case scenario probably 6-9 wins next year, playoffs the following, and then take over like the patriots did for the next 15 years

While I understand how it might infuriate you to have to wait 2-3 years before the Dolphins are a legitimate playoff team. I just don’t see the Dolphins winning more than 6 games next season. They will have either a rookie QB or a very mediocre Fitzpatrick at QB leading the offense and neither of those scenarios would appear to lead to the Dolphins winning many games next year. Especially when it appears they will be playing a much tougher schedule in 2020.

I would love to see the Dolphins vastly improve and go to the playoffs next season but 20 years of off season expectations have taught me that when it comes to the Dolphins, “I’ll believe it when I see it”.
Don't harsh my mellow man LOL.

I think people are severely underestimating how much a legit franchise QB can compensate for lack of other talent on a roster. Solid O-line and a franchise QB. Let coaching handle the rest.

I think people are severely underestimating how much a legit franchise QB can compensate for lack of other talent on a roster. Solid O-line and a franchise QB. Let coaching handle the rest.
The problem is the Dolphins will not have a franchise QB in the lineup next season. Fitzpatrick is what he is and that certainly isn’t a franchise QB. If Rosen is the QB next season it will show that he has improved but I don’t see him playing like a franchise QB at this stage of his career. He still has a long way to go to just be a consistent starter in the NFL.

If they draft Tua, I just don’t see him getting on the field next year because I think they will want to let him sit and learn while giving his hip more time to completely heal. Herbert or any of the other QB’s in the draft will take a few years before the team that drafts them will know what they have in each of these QB’s but I just don’t believe there are any future franchise QB’s in the draft except Burrow and Tua IF he has a full recovery from his hip surgery.

So I just don’t see a franchise QB on the field for the Dolphins next season and I still think it is going to take 2 drafts and two free agency periods to get this team beyond a 5-6 win team. If Tua is drafted by the Dolphins and he is fully healthy in 2021 and the front office have two excellen’t drafts and sign quality free agents, I can see the Dolphins improving greatly and likely be a legitimate playoff contender by the 2022 season.

No it will take more than re-tooling or re-building because we seen this before.

We need to take baby steps and develop players into stars one step at a time. We are going to have a ton of young players, an a rookie QB whoever it is will sit, watch, learn, and develop.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick returning and Josh Rosen (who is only 23) as the back up and cheap to keep.

But, I also think Josh Rosen will flourish next year in the spread offense mid-season and become our franchise QB with the rookie (name here whoever the *uck he is) waiting in the wings being mentored by Fitz.

So next year expect a 7-9 to 8-8 season by Fitzpatrick and/or Rosen.

With some overall improvements in all categories on both sides of ball. PROGRESS.

Then in 2021 you have Rosen and the rookie compete to start.

Fitzpatrick (will then either retire or extend or see if he wants to coach). Many options there. All up to him.

For the 2021 season the best performance between Rosen and the rookie on overall (OTA's, Training Camp, and preseason) wins the Week 1 starting job, solidify all the weak spots from 2020 that need solidification, (draft another QB in 2021 an do it every year that's right draft a *ucking QB every year it is important to keep doing it diamonds in the rough at any position in the draft and always have a back-up plan)!

In 2021 is the year to make a playoff push get to 10-6 or 11-5 wild card with an overall PROGRESS to dare I say it, ELITE on brink of something special.

Because in 2022 this team will be set, we are going 14-2 AFC EAST CHAMPS, #1 SEED, HFA, 2 wins to be (AFC CHAMPIONS), to get to Super Bowl LVII in Glendale, Arizona and win it with either Josh Rosen (that's right) or a Rookie (name here whoever the *uck it is).

I do not want to be a one hit wonder. I want a Dynasty. To win Super Bowl LVII, Super Bowl LVIII (Back to Back), Super Bowl LX, and Super Bowl LXIII. Don't we all want this? *UCK YEAH WE DO!!!! It will take some time maybe even pass my predictions of 2022. But it is all part of the PROCESS.

Believe that's all we can do for this re-tool / re-build!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!

Miami can quickly turn it around and stay at a high level.

Need to hit on a qb..don't care who it is but he has to be good.

Need to solidify the trenches. Both sides of the ball need a massive improvement before Miami is ready to compete. Most definitely need pass rush to help a surprisingly solid young secondary.

It's not easy to do either but if Miami can, they'll be well on their way to becoming a team to be reckoned with.

There's no reason if this front office has any idea what they're doing why this team can't be a wild card team next year.

Flores won 5 games with a bush league roster last year.

There's no reason if this front office has any idea what they're doing why this team can't be a wild card team next year.

Next yr schedule is tough. We might win 5 game again. It all depend on veteran we add.. if it all rookie it going be long yr..

Not going to say you're wrong, but I have the same worry I did for '19.
Possibly 3-4 new OL to gel
New QB
New coaches
The team may be good, but the 1st 4-5 games could be tough

Back
Top Bottom