‘2 Down Kiko Alonso’: A Canary In The Coal Mine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘2 Down Kiko Alonso’: A Canary In The Coal Mine

Lol, Alonso has been their best LB since that trade and healthy. A big knock was staying healthy. He will be better going forward with 2 other capable LBs around him. That and Fins didn’t lose anything by trading back. They still got the top LT.

The best compared to who? Misi? Allen? Hull? Best becomes a misnomer when taken in context. He has been healthy, but I'd rather him be good. He was a liability in all phases of the game last season. Those DROY days are long gone. The Eagles knew it. And were still able to slide into the top 10 using him (mostly us) as a bargaining chip. The Dolphins can only muster 4th round picks for their actual best players. And sometimes they even release them because who needs compensation? But at least they have psychics on the payroll to tell them when gas mask bong videos are going to be leaked. Hoorah for fortune tellers!

It's amazing how people will continue to make the same arguments when hindsight already **** all over them.

The best compared to who? Misi? Allen? Hull? Best becomes a misnomer when taken in context. He has been healthy, but I'd rather him be good. He was a liability in all phases of the game last season. Those DROY days are long gone. The Eagles knew it. And were still able to slide into the top 10 using him (mostly us) as a bargaining chip. The Dolphins can only muster 4th round picks for their actual best players. And sometimes they even release them because who needs compensation? But at least they have psychics on the payroll to tell them when gas mask bong videos are going to be leaked. Hoorah for fortune tellers!

It's amazing how people will continue to make the same arguments when hindsight already **** all over them.

Point isn’t how good he is or isn’t compared to the crap bags on their roster or even best LBs in the league. Point is to expose how bad this unit and the supporting cast was. You’re crapping on the one guy that made plays and worked hard of the group. He’s not an elite LB. He was exposed in the passing game. However, paired with 2 capable LBs, the improvements in the secondary and his playmaking ability can be fostered.

Needs to be kept clean on run downs and is exposed against the pass unless he's only responsible for a small zone. ****ing useless in other words. He should be benched but then the FO will look stupid because of the contract he has ... and they can't have that. Not right on the heels of the super ultra next level genius move of releasing Suh.

That trade gets worse by the day. Man did I blast that one. And get blasted for it. Good times.

I thought the trade was solid once I knew we got Tunsil.

I knew the first 2 parts wouldn’t of been great, but meh lol.

Point isn’t how good he is or isn’t compared to the crap bags on their roster or even best LBs in the league. Point is to expose how bad this unit and the supporting cast was. You’re crapping on the one guy that made plays and worked hard of the group. He’s not an elite LB. He was exposed in the passing game. However, paired with 2 capable LBs, the improvements in the secondary and his playmaking ability can be fostered.

Giving fat extensions and guarantees to players you have to hide between better players (while doing all kinds of stupid **** in between) is basically the recipe for being the Miami Dolphins of the last like 20 years.

The point is he isn't good and the contract hurt and that's precisely why there was an article about it. A smart team releases him after the season when it's financially responsible.

My Dolphins have a bunch of one dimensional package players but almost zero complete 3 down players both offense and defense.

I thought the trade was solid once I knew we got Tunsil.

I knew the first 2 parts wouldn’t of been great, but meh lol.

The trade got lucky ... it was never good. Look where the Eagles and Dolphins are in relation to each other since. What did the trade do for the respective teams? Hint ... it was not symbiotic.

The trade got lucky ... it was never good. Look where the Eagles and Dolphins are in relation to each other since. What did the trade do for the respective teams? Hint ... it was not symbiotic.

True, the Eagles benefited greatly from that trade. No where near as much as they did for trading Badford for a 1st, but benefited none the less. What people don't realize/care is the foundational pieces that we have acquired from Philadelphia over the past 5 years, and how critical they are to our success. Even if we cut Kiko a year from now, Philly still gave us Jordan Phillips, Bobby McCain and Tony Lippett for Eric Rowe and a worthless 7th. Also we lost Ajayi in a hopeless season, but we gained Ballage this year with that trade compensation. Overall, we've actually done very well trading with Philly these past few years, but no one is going to give a s*** because a f****** dips*** ATL safety had to knee a ball and Melty had to choke again. And yes the trade did get lucky because of Tunsil, as if he's the first talented prospect to ever fall on draft day, regardless of the circumstances. Shame on Miami for getting lucky lol.

Last edited:
Giving fat extensions and guarantees to players you have to hide between better players (while doing all kinds of stupid **** in between) is basically the recipe for being the Miami Dolphins of the last like 20 years.

The point is he isn't good and the contract hurt and that's precisely why there was an article about it. A smart team releases him after the season when it's financially responsible.
I agree with you in part but IMO you put a backup plan in place before you release him or you end up playing ST linebackers as starters and end up in an even worse situation.

We have never seen that before, right? ;)

hes overpayed that's a definite. I really think though that if you put quality players around him that he could become a strength not a weakness though. I know he stat pads by jumping on to tackles to finish them up, but he seems to play with fire and atheletic ability. its just mainly mental erros (which can be cleared up by expecting less from him), or technique errors, but half the defensive players in the league don't know what a text book tackle is anymore to begin with...once again this is something that can be cleaned up....and needs to be for his own health too, "See what you are hitting" I think that's what all our helmets back in the days had written on them. so yeah "stay in this zone and don't leave it" I think he could excel in that.

anyways would be good to see him show he's worth that contract this year since HOPEFULLY the excuse that he doesn't have quality safety help or LB help should be eliminated from being an excuse, if not 2nd best scenario is that he proves to be a solid player and maybe he'll restructure and we can keep him as a solid starter. I guess actually best case scenario is we trade him for the number 1 pick in next years draft and that Baker replaces him and becomes a HOF LB

True, the Eagles benefited greatly form that trade. No where near as much as they did for trading Badford for a 1st, but benefited none the less. What people don't realize/care is the foundational pieces that we have acquired from Philadelphia over the past 5 years, and how critical they are to our success. Even if we cut Kiko a year from now, Philly still gave us Jordan Phillips, Bobby McCain and Tony Lippett for Eric Rowe and a worthless 7th. Also we lost Ajayi in a hopeless season, but we gained Ballage this year with that trade compensation. Overall, we've actually done very well trading with Philly these past few years, but no one is going to give a s*** because a f****** dips*** ATL safety had to knee a ball and Melty had to choke again.

At the end of the day they were able to get their franchise QB for the next 15 years and a SB to boot as a result of the trade so I'd wait until the Dolphins win something before saying they benefitted as well ... although you're dead on about the Rowe trade. Ballage is a hypothetical still but the fins have managed to develop RBs I haven't been fond of for a while now so they get a pass from me.

With ya on that last part.

Edit: Correction: you added to it. With ya on the 2nd to last part.

Last edited:
I agree with you in part but IMO you put a backup plan in place before you release him or you end up playing ST linebackers as starters and end up in an even worse situation.

We have never seen that before, right? ;)

I'm assuming Baker unless someone wants to watch the carnage of Kiko on the strong side ... and hilarity ensues. Kwon should have Mike locked down and then some by now.

At the end of the day they were able to get their franchise QB for the next 15 years and a SB to boot as a result of the trade so I'd wait until the Dolphins win something before saying they benefitted as well ... although you're dead on about the Rowe trade. Ballage is a hypothetical still but the fins have managed to develop RBs I haven't been fond of for a while now so they get a pass from me.

With ya on that last part.

Not sold on that yet. His hype is RG3esque, Goff is still (always was) the better long term prospect imo, and he doesn't have a knee injury to bout. Much better throwing mechanics and accuracy which will endure over time. And Goff ain't no Marino either.

Last edited:
Not sold on that yet. His hype is RG3esque, Goff is still (always was) the better long term prospect imo, and he doesn't have a knee injury to bout. Much better throwing mechanics and accuracy which will endure over time.

Neither are one year wonders ... but one already has a ring so I'm thinking he's gonna be just fine unless the Eagles hire Tannenbaum after we fire him out of a cannon into the sun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom