2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him

Tom Brady lived on 200 yard games, on throwing short passes and allowing his receivers to do the rest. The reason he did a good job, is because he found ways to get the ball to to his receivers, after 5 weeks of Osweiler, the difference has to be night and day.

Tannehill after coming back from a bad shoulder, In the opponants stadium, with obvious pain that were told he will have to deal with for the rest of the year, he was able to give them a lead, and put up 24 points, and had a 104 Qb rating for that game. If Gase had not taken the ball out of his hand, and allowed him to extent that score, his stats might have been even better...either way, eventually in crunch time, a defense has to make a play.

Tom Brady has had 85 games over 300 yards, 99 if you include playoffs (but that wouldn't be fair). Tannehill has had 16. 32% of Brady's games vs 19% of Tannehill's. 250+ yards? Brady has 151 (57% of his games) vs Tannehill's 30 (36% of his games).

I’m saying we are a bad team and probably much closer to a 3 win team than a 7 win team at this point of the season. I’m saying gase can’t have both ways in saying if only for a couple of plays we’d be 7-4

This link is a great indicator for where you should be. Dolphins are third from the bottom.

http://mule.he.net/~budsport/pub/killer.php

It's the reason I can look at the Gase era both ways. He has lousy results in the key categories but somehow manages to squeeze far more victories than historically deserved.

We need better quarterbacking. We need better pass defense, specifically on the road.

The loss to NE was all I needed to see. It showed how much of a mirage of 3-0 we were. That sealed the deal for me. I watched it and went, "Yep, same old Fins we have seen for year"
Agree. We got exposed that game

Tannehill is responsible for the Bengal game, but not for his play, he tried to bravely play through the pain of being hurt, he should have instead told Gase he was in pain. During the Colts game, he did exactly what was asked of him, and he needed to do to win, the Defense should have been better in crunch time, Gase should played to win, and not taken the ball out of Tannehill's hands (Tannehill was having a great game), Stills should have caught a critical pass late in the game.
Well said

2018:

4th Quarter comeback against the Bears, but they were...0-1 at the time, so Aaron Rodgers sucks.

But none of this matters because bashing Aaron Rodgers in defense of Tannewho? is the epitome of desperation. Just think, in the future, a father and son will be walking through the NFL Hall of Fame come across the bust of Rodgers and the son will say, "dad, who is that?" and the dad will say, "son, that's no Tannehill."

The Bears were actually 0-0. That was the season opener.

When Rodgers won the Super Bowl he managed a double digit lead at halftime in all three playoff games. I think I would be satisfied with that, as opposed to believing the first quarter and especially the opening drive don't really matter.

Also, the geniuses who suddenly are enjoying the Rodgers/Tannehill comparisons don't want to substitute Andrew Luck for Aaron Rodgers. All of a sudden that 4th quarter comeback category doesn't favor their guy, or the view that Tannehill and Luck are basically the same.

Tom Brady has had 85 games over 300 yards, 99 if you include playoffs (but that wouldn't be fair). Tannehill has had 16. 32% of Brady's games vs 19% of Tannehill's. 250+ yards? Brady has 151 (57% of his games) vs Tannehill's 30 (36% of his games).

Yet Brady could not get many of those 300 games until an elite receiver by the name of Moss came aboard, or a TE by the name of Gronk stepped out there to help the team.

I never said Tannehill was as good, my point was that if Brady who is an all time top 10 QB has done the short pass to elite levels, how is Ryan now doing it, making him a average or bad QB?

Tom Brady lived on 200 yard games, on throwing short passes and allowing his receivers to do the rest. The reason he did a good job, is because he found ways to get the ball to to his receivers, after 5 weeks of Osweiler, the difference has to be night and day.

Tannehill after coming back from a bad shoulder, In the opponants stadium, with obvious pain that were told he will have to deal with for the rest of the year, he was able to give them a lead, and put up 24 points, and had a 104 Qb rating for that game. If Gase had not taken the ball out of his hand, and allowed him to extent that score, his stats might have been even better...either way, eventually in crunch time, a defense has to make a play.

I mean, you can defend him all you want. Make whatever excuses you need to. Fact is, Ryan said he was good to go.

As for the reference to Tom Brady, Im sure you will go in the way back machine to defend that 200 yards per game stat, but just looking at this year, im seeing 1 game under 230 yards, Tannehill, 5 games this year under 230.

Also, the defense made plenty of plays, three turnovers to be exact. The offense did not turn those into a single point. There's that as well. You can single out the last minute of the game, sure, thats fair, and that fault lies on Gase, but the rest of the game was mediocre as normal for the Dolphins.

This link is a great indicator for where you should be. Dolphins are third from the bottom.

http://mule.he.net/~budsport/pub/killer.php

It's the reason I can look at the Gase era both ways. He has lousy results in the key categories but somehow manages to squeeze far more victories than historically deserved.

We need better quarterbacking. We need better pass defense, specifically on the road.

There was another stat I remember and it fed along the same lines as the team who’s qb plays better usually wins. Which makes positions like cb and pass rushers so important

Since 2002, 22 of the past 30 Super Bowl participants had a passer rating differential among the top five in the league, including 10 of the past 15 winners.

I believe they looked at this number back to the forties and it held true.

Gase said himself it had more to do with field position than anything else.

Playing the field position game is indirectly saying our QB ain't that guy, Rodgers,Luck,Brady,Brees and now even Mahomes and Goff the HC's are not even thinking twice about going for it inside their own 10, especially when your up against the Colts defense and facing Luck on offense, running it twice on 3rd and 10 just screams I don't want to put my qb in bad spot and get a costly turnover.

LOL. Nobody is comparing Tannehill to Rodgers. You can unbunch your panties.

0-37 when trailing against good teams.

4-6-1 this season....

BUT, BUT, BUT...... it MUST be all about the QBeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#QBwinz baby! Until they don't.......

So now it’s not QB wins but last week you were beating the RT is 11-5 or some other delusional stat keeping with your strange obsession of Ryan...and now it’s Aaron Rodgers fault. That’s a 2 win team without Rodgers. We are 7-9 with or without Ryan Tannehill. The Pack might be losing but they’re in every game. Guess why?

Aaron Rodgers has more accountability in his toe nail clippings than Tannehill has in his whole body.

All week I thought the oline was going to get bashed this week, I was wrong. The QB of the packers and Gase are taking a beating. Don't worry Oline there is always next week.

Did you guys know Arron Rodgers is 0-37 in games where the Packers are trailing by one or more points in the 4th quarter against teams with winning records. I heard this today on WEEI Boston. He is a big topic of conversation in New England because there are idiot pundits out there who try to compare him to Brady which quite frankly is laughable right now. Rodgers is never going to be in the discussion with Brady and it needs to end. Nobody gets a bigger pass from the national media than Arron Rodgers because he throws a good ball.
Ummmm....what else is he supposed to do? Play defense? Kick field goals? Catch his own passes?

I can’t believe people on here are comparing 2 Super Bowl winning QBs to what this team has. This is the most insane group of people I’ve ever seen or heard of. Sure back your favorite qb but don’t compare him to QBs who have actually won something in the past. The only QBs i’d even compare them too are the Daltons, Smith’s, and other middle tier QBs in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom