2 min offense 2nd QT. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 min offense 2nd QT.

But it didn't and it probably works about 0% of the time you try something like that. On top of that, you don't waste time like that. So many things can happen and then you run out of time.
They had an eternity and the 3 time outs. I liked it. But they did screw it up lol.

IMO the plan was to run clock to make sure NE had no time left regardless of what happened on the drive. They still planned to take a shot at the TD. Which they did, but a great play by the DB foiled that. At worst they figured to get 3 points and leave no time for NE. They succeeded at that. (Despite Davis who was the only one who seemed to think a snap was coming). The strategy is sound game management, but IMO it would have been more believable with Tua in. I do get that they may have thought leaving Brissett in would give more time to hard count.
This is EXACTLY what four former NFL players said on the radio broadcast - verbatim. I suggest they know more than us. I’m going w theirs (and yours) take.

Jones was killing us w short passes. It’s conceivable they got into FG range. It would have been great coaching on our side if it had worked!
To be fair most of those were pick plays which we were get called for all day

IMO the plan was to run clock to make sure NE had no time left regardless of what happened on the drive. They still planned to take a shot at the TD. Which they did, but a great play by the DB foiled that. At worst they figured to get 3 points and leave no time for NE. They succeeded at that. (Despite Davis who was the only one who seemed to think a snap was coming). The strategy is sound game management, but IMO it would have been more believable with Tua in. I do get that they may have thought leaving Brissett in would give more time to hard count.
This. They’ll learn from it, and that’s fine. Nobody’s perfect.

Yeah idk, but I was not a fan of that.

Also, I get using Brissett for the sneaks, but isnt it pretty obviousy whats coming when you see him come in and thats literally all weve used him for

Seemed clear to me they were trying to draw an offside and would have called a T.O. With a second left.

Davis got a cramp and twitched.

Here’s how it was explained by the radio guys:

1. Brisket was in there to run the sneak.

2. Left him in with no intention of snapping ball - didn’t want to leave NE w any time after we scored. Idea was to score a TD using our 3 TOs.

3. Mistake was no one believed Brisket was going to run a play as he was cold. You put Tua back in if you have any hope of drawing them offsides.

4. Main goal though was to kill clock.

5. Getting a 5 yard penalty messed up all of our plans.
Also, you're forgetting that we had a false start on that play. I think it was Jesse Davis that moved and cost us that 5 yards before Jacoby could call that time out.

Also, you're forgetting that we had a false start on that play. I think it was Jesse Davis that moved and cost us that 5 yards before Jacoby could call that time out.
Right. That what blew up the whole idea.

Here’s how it was explained by the radio guys:

1. Brisket was in there to run the sneak.

2. Left him in with no intention of snapping ball - didn’t want to leave NE w any time after we scored. Idea was to score a TD using our 3 TOs.

3. Mistake was no one believed Brisket was going to run a play as he was cold. You put Tua back in if you have any hope of drawing them offsides.

4. Main goal though was to kill clock.

5. Getting a 5 yard penalty messed up all of our plans.
Thats exactly how i understood it.

Yeah idk, but I was not a fan of that.

Also, I get using Brissett for the sneaks, but isnt it pretty obviousy whats coming when you see him come in and thats literally all weve used him for
Until the time we don't 🤫

Back
Top Bottom