2 players who are worthless, and if released tomorrow nobody would care! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 players who are worthless, and if released tomorrow nobody would care!

Ballage just doesn't seem to know what to do when presented with a pile of bodies other than to just run into it. He doesn't have the legs to drive through it, the moves to bounce off it and reset or the speed to go around it. And unfortunately with our OL play he will only ever be presented with a pile of bodies to negotiate.

They play McCain at safety while trading away Fitzpatrick because they couldn’t seem to settle on a position for him. Now Fitzpatrick is playing like the best safety in the NFL and I have no idea why they think McCain should be playing safety.
I realize Fitzpatrick plays for the Steelers now but trading a player like him and instead making McCain a starting safety still makes no sense at all. Fitzpatrick just wanted the coaches to let him start at one position on defense but Flores was too stubborn to let his best player on defense get what he wanted. So now we stuck with McCain and an over the hill Jones as the teams safetuse and we will have to use draft picks to try and find a safety who likely won’t be nearly the player Fitzpatrick is.

Fitzpatrick was known for his versatility in the Secondary prior to drafting him. He himself said that he can line up all over the field. Fast forward to training camp and the "rumblings" started (mom going on social media,etc.) about his displeasures with being versatile in the secondary. He mentally checked out and wasn't on board with being on a team being fully rebuilt. Flores and Co. tried to convince him to stay he didn't want too and asked to be traded. His wish was granted. It's only so much blame to go around.

They just need to dump mccain.

Period

“Buy in” some place else.

Last edited:
100% agree on Ballage, Laird deserves his carries until Walton is back. McCain has been inconsistent on a bad defense with a ton of injuries, hard to classify him. i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt going in 2020.
Given his contract dead cap $, I'm not sure we have a choice. It's not RJ bad, but it isn't good. Big signing bonus + back loaded for average niche player = stupid.

Was that a tbum move?

Back
Top Bottom