2 Rds mock and 7 rd mock on the phins. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Rds mock and 7 rd mock on the phins.

Joey 22 said:
Millens job is in game in here he has to bring someone who can make his 5 previous first rounders look well they dont have a RT at all and Backus (theyre LT) is a free agent. So he will be a starter at either side of the line and about the trade down only Cutler would be worthy to trade up for and I only see us and the Cowboys with need enough for a QB to trade up and SF pick at 15 would be the spot, I guess we and the Cow girls will offer the same but since trading down with us would probably allow them to trade down again they would do so with us, plus anyway I dont see the Tuna giving out picks for a QB when Testaverde, Lucas, Quinn and Bledsoe himself are scrubs that looked good under his offense, plus after a 10-6 season then a 6-10, and now a 9-7 Parcells might be itching for winning NOW.

I was not saying he would not be good for Detroit. I was saying that they would be reaching for him and they could trade down to a team who might want someone still on the Board.

I really like those second round picks. If we got Cutler in the first and still could help our D in the 2nd with those quality players I would def give our draft an A no matter who we took in the late rounds. Hopefully a WR, and Possible another QB. I still think we should take some one late too, and let Gus mentor them both. Grooming for the future. GREAT MOCK MAN!

I don't see the niners trading out of that pick with Huff available. With all the comparisons to Ronnie Lott he's gotten, it seems like San Francisco is set on taking Huff. Atlanta would have to give up too much to move into that spot when they can still grab a good corner at 15.

Finsfan79 said:
19 Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB FSU. Miami Dolphins

he is a DT/DE (DE in the 3-4) he cant play OLB for us in our system. He would be horrible on pass coverage

How do you expect a guy who is only 255 pounds to play DT?
Of course he is a possible tweener.

Finsfan79 said:
19 Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB FSU. Miami Dolphins

he is a DT/DE (DE in the 3-4) he cant play OLB for us in our system. He would be horrible on pass coverage

6"4 255 pounds? Perhaps you are confused.

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 255 | 40-Time: 4.65
clear.gif

Official Bio

clear.gif
Strengths:
Tremendous natural athlete...Fast and very quick with a burst...Can wreak havoc rushing the passer off the edge...Does an excellent job in pursuit and can close on the ball...Changes directions well...Very productive and stood out on a talented defense...Team player with top intangibles...Is also an excellent special teams prospect...Still developing and hasn't yet reached his full potential.

Weaknesses:
Undersized and lacks bulk...Needs to hit the weight room and get stronger...May have to change positions at the next level...Does not hold up at the point of attack...A liability against the run...Struggles to shed blockers...Is basically a one trick pony who relies solely on his speed...Needs to work on technique and make better use of his hands...May only be a situational player.

Notes:
Could be a 3-4 outside linebacker...Entered college at only 210 lbs so he has done a good job of adding weight and has the frame to get bigger still...A classic 'tweener who a team will need to find the right role for...At the very least he should excel as a situational pass rusher...Still has a lot of upside.

Silverphin said:
That's sounds like a Jason Taylor right there....

Right he would play LOLB, ZT MLB, Crowder ROLB and JT RE on our hybrid scheme.

Now for the Phins 3 rounder I see us taking: Jonathan Lewis DE/DT VT
6"1 296 pounds. Reminds me so much of a young Warren Sapp.

Then I hope we can move Sam Madison and one of sevenths for an adittional 4th maybe the Falcons 4th like that we would pick Cameron Vaughn OLB LSU 6"4 237 and Bernard Pollard SS Purdue 6"2 226. That would leave us with 2 7ths one would go to Tommy Jackson Auburn 6"1 311 who I think would back up Manny Wright and send Traylor to the nursing home and the other one would go to Josh Lay CB 6"2 195 Pittsburg real good and I actually think he could make our 5th corner only concern is that Wannstedt coached him in his senior year.

Joey 22 said:
Right he would play LOLB, ZT MLB, Crowder ROLB and JT RE on our hybrid scheme.

Now for the Phins 3 rounder I see us taking: Jonathan Lewis DE/DT VT
6"1 296 pounds. Reminds me so much of a young Warren Sapp.

Then I hope we can move Sam Madison and one of sevenths for an adittional 4th maybe the Falcons 4th like that we would pick Cameron Vaughn OLB LSU 6"4 237 and Bernard Pollard SS Purdue 6"2 226. That would leave us with 2 7ths one would go to Tommy Jackson Auburn 6"1 311 who I think would back up Manny Wright and send Traylor to the nursing home and the other one would go to Josh Lay CB 6"2 195 Pittsburg real good and I actually think he could make our 5th corner only concern is that Wannstedt coached him in his senior year.

We need somebody heavier and wider to play nose, in my opinion. Manuel Wright has the weight. However (even though I see him as a starter in the future and devestating O-lines), he's too tall for the role, you know? Everything else, though, I like.

:D
Silverphin said:
We need somebody heavier and wider to play nose, in my opinion. Manuel Wright has the weight. However (even though I see him as a starter in the future and devestating O-lines), he's too tall for the role, you know? Everything else, though, I like.

6"1 311 is too tall and thin? Well maybe we should tell that to 6"2 325 Vince Wilfork who by the way was drafted at 6"2 310. Manny is indeed too tall at 6"6 but Saban must see something on him.

Joey 22 said:

6"1 311 is too tall and thin? Well maybe we should tell that to 6"2 325 Vince Wilfork who by the way was drafted at 6"2 310. Manny is indeed too tall at 6"6 but Saban must see something on him.

Oh don't get me wrong: Manuel Wright is going to be taking names.

And at a second look, 6'1" 311 lbs actually sounds pretty good.

Joey 22 said:

Wilfork is also struggling to be a good 2-gap defender, which doesnt make him a good example. Tommy Jackson is not really a 2-gap guy either.

6'1" 311 is not too small to be a Nose Tackle, but it is rare to have one that small be a great run stuffer. In Miami, Jackson would probabaly end up being the passing down/backup nose tackle like Chris Hoke in Pittsburgh.

Disgustipate said:
Wilfork is also struggling to be a good 2-gap defender, which doesnt make him a good example. Tommy Jackson is not really a 2-gap guy either.

6'1" 311 is not too small to be a Nose Tackle, but it is rare to have one that small be a great run stuffer. In Miami, Jackson would probabaly end up being the passing down/backup nose tackle like Chris Hoke in Pittsburgh.

Hoke is 6-3 296, 6-1 311 is just fine for a NT if he gains 10 pounds more it would take you half an hour to walk around him.

Back
Top Bottom