Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

jbond

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Who will it be (barring we don't trade down).

------------------------------------------

''I really feel that when you're picking that high in the draft, you make some mistakes if you just take need into consideration,'' Saban said. ``Everybody as a coach would like to satisfy some need in the draft that you have, but when you're picking that high, you better pick the player that has the most value to the organization long-term. If we have to pick there, that's what we have to do.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11282332.htm

it will be...

ah forget it. ill just scroll down to the OTHER FOUR MILLION THREADS ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND PICK THE FIRST ONE I SEE.

Oh look. Alex Smith.

Probably him.

haha... i think Saban will go with Brown, if he cant move down. Alex Smith will tempt him though.

In all seriousness, Saban makes a comment in the recent Miamiherald.com article. about picking the guy that will benefit the organization the most in the long term.

and honestly, when i hear that, i think quarterback. Frerotte and Feeley are back up quarterbacks. Good ones, but they arent SB quality, and wont take us there.

I really think that if he wants to build this team to be a contender this year or next, itll be alex smith.

I think if hes planning a five year build up, it'll be anyone else.

If we cant move down i hope its mike williams. Im not sold at all on booker being a starter cause he gets hurt like every 10 minutes it seems. Plus he has the makings of a perfect slot wr who can go to the marker and keep the chains moving.

In reality though i think we deal down.

With hearing what Saban had to say in the Miami Herald article I will go with Brown although Edwards seems like a likely pick also at this point.

testtubetimmy said:
In all seriousness, Saban makes a comment in the recent Miamiherald.com article. about picking the guy that will benefit the organization the most in the long term.

and honestly, when i hear that, i think quarterback. Frerotte and Feeley are back up quarterbacks. Good ones, but they arent SB quality, and wont take us there.

He's posturing in that article to get someone who wants the 2nd QB to pony up. It was bad posturing at that and I even rolled my eyes at that comment.

Out of QB / RB / WR which one is more of a known commodity (i.e. if you had 3 prospects like we do, which ones have historically performed better?)

Every player is a gamble to a degree but some positions are more easily targetable as to what production will be like in the NFL. I know we all want RB/QB but most people have said Edwards is the best all-round player in the draft is all.

Why make a poll with only the 3 of them, honestly, if it were out of those 3, I would say Alex Smith, but I don't think it will be a QB or do I want a Qb. I think M.Williams will be selected before Edwards, if it's by us, and I'm not sold on Brown, just b/c Kiper and all them say Brown is better doesnt mean he will go before Benson or Caddy..........Caddy or M.Williams, after those 2, Benson or Brown.

b/c the majority of people on here (as well as analysts) believe Brown has edged out Benson and Caddy for RB (whether or not it's b/c of what the 'experts' have been saying or not) and that Rodgers will go #1 and Edwards is the best WR. I just tried to pick what I (and others) believe to be the top 3 rated players left when we pick, not that we couldn't pull a Wanny and grab someone off-the-wall or 'rated' slightly lower.

knight6jb said:
Why make a poll with only the 3 of them, honestly, if it were out of those 3, I would say Alex Smith, but I don't think it will be a QB or do I want a Qb. I think M.Williams will be selected before Edwards, if it's by us, and I'm not sold on Brown, just b/c Kiper and all them say Brown is better doesnt mean he will go before Benson or Caddy..........Caddy or M.Williams, after those 2, Benson or Brown.
i agree... i rate mike williams higher than braylon.

And although I dont think that Caddy is the best back in the draft... i think he is a very viable option.

However, I can see how Brown, Smith and Braylon are the consensus options at #2.

finsnchips said:
i agree... i rate mike williams higher than braylon.

And although I dont think that Caddy is the best back in the draft... i think he is a very viable option.

However, I can see how Brown, Smith and Braylon are the consensus options at #2.

I can see how those 3 would be the top 3 rated prospects, but honestly none of us know what Saban is thinking. And honestly I disagree with the so called experts on the RB's. I do like all three RB's and wouldnt be disappointed with any of them, but I feel that Brown being skyrocketed b/c of his combine is garbage. He didn't run the 4.32 that was said, he ran the same as Caddy. Caddy has better vision and agility, Brown has better hands and blocking ability. Benson is in the middle in all of the catagories. but you can't teach a RB to have vision and it is harder to teach agility, than it is to teach someone to catch and block. With the QB's, I just don't want one. I think AJ will be fine in our offense. Braylon just scares, M.Williams is just raw in my opinion.

Just dont let it be Edwards. If we cant move down I think we take Ronnie Brown, but Im sure Saban will do everything he can to move down and add more picks.

DonShula84 said:
Just dont let it be Edwards. If we cant move down I think we take Ronnie Brown, but Im sure Saban will do everything he can to move down and add more picks.
I agree... I think he is a good WR, but I dont see the genuine fascination. If it was Roy Williams (from last year, who I considered the best WR last year), then I would be like 'yeah, go get him', but I still think Mike Williams is a better option for us.

Back
Top Bottom