20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

Our cap room will be wide once the season is done. I expect 2x OL proven entities to be added
I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, have to let it play out and see where we are at in the latter stage of the season.

Stats can be misleading. If you didn't look up any stats and just made an evaluation based on what you saw with your own eyes who would you say got pressured more?
What's misleading about pressure/hitting QB stats? Just from watching the game, I'd say Mac Jones did a better job under pressure.

In terms of who got pressured more? I don't know. I'd look at the stats. I know my eyes lie to me. The Dolphins offensive line looked very bad at times (Eich blown up), but I also saw the Dolphins blitz a lot.

This was my take from the game when people were saying there was a lack of pressure on Jones. Van Ginkel and Ogbah were getting pressure off the edge consistently. Jones was just doing a great job avoiding the pressure, stepping up into the pocket, and making good throws downfield.
Jones was impressive. Wish we had traded up to draft him. We would be a real threat to win it all with a good QB. Waddle is a difference maker and was the correct pick at 6 no matter what. But, with Jones still on the board after 10th pick, we should have gone up to get him.

Honestly, I thought Jones got pressured on a lot of throws and somehow he got the ball out to check down guys - even off of his back foot. And I thought he had a noodle arm? He looked poised and polished. He wasn’t really tested in 3rd and long though. Tua had a fair number of clean pockets with which to work from and he was pretty good when did. He throws a nice lead pass so the receiver (be it a back, TE or WR) can get some RAC.

What's misleading about pressure/hitting QB stats? Just from watching the game, I'd say Mac Jones did a better job under pressure.

In terms of who got pressured more? I don't know. I'd look at the stats. I know my eyes lie to me. The Dolphins offensive line looked very bad at times (Eich blown up), but I also saw the Dolphins blitz a lot.
Miami blitzed 46% - higher than their average from last year.

Jones was impressive. Wish we had traded up to draft him. We would be a real threat to win it all with a good QB. Waddle is a difference maker and was the correct pick at 6 no matter what. But, with Jones still on the board after 10th pick, we should have gone up to get him.
Ehhhhh. Let’s see how he does when he has to throw it more than 5 yards.

This was my take from the game when people were saying there was a lack of pressure on Jones. Van Ginkel and Ogbah were getting pressure off the edge consistently. Jones was just doing a great job avoiding the pressure, stepping up into the pocket, and making good throws downfield.
Yep. Completely agree. I just said the same.

This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.
I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.
Hush. Don’t make too many on point statements around here. They’ll call you negative and all sorts of niceties.

How arrogantly of us to want to see a DOMINANT team on the football field. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Who in the fk do we think we are?

“I’ll take the win all day.” NO SHT, SHERLOCK. I’d let Tom Brady slap my momma across the face for a win, any win and I’m a little mommas boy. As if any fan wouldn’t take a win even as ugly as me in the morning or at any time of the day quite frankly.

But do we want to make the playoffs or throw parades for a 1 point, GIFT-WRAPPED win?

Tua was not great (understatement).

Is Waddle a duck or a WR? Duck. Hehe. Get it. Lighten up.

Tackling was a joke.

We all knew the possibility of another unstable OL so no surprise there.

But, our rush? Give the Bills that kind of time this Sunday, never mind who’s behind center, and ugly will not just be me or any of the gracious women who allowed me to touch them in college (WITH CONSENT OF COURSE!), it will be the arse whooping we’ll take.

I wouldn't count on it.

Anyway, have to let it play out and see where we are at in the latter stage of the season.
Yeah if we still don’t have some good OL after this year, I might just give up on ever drafting one again LOL

Stepping up in the pocket and having to run for your life are very different. Not convinced you watched the game.
You can rewatch “every Tua and Jones”
throw on NFL.com and I think you’ll see Tua had quite a few clean pockets - and when he did he was good. Jones got a lot of pressure but he was able to get the ball to check down guys effectively.

What's misleading about pressure stats?

Two different sites might define what a pressure is differently thus have 2 different numbers on how much a QB got pressured. Hell I've looked up drops on some of WR's and come away with 3 different numbers for the same player. Different sites have different definitions on subjective stats like pressure.

Stepping up in the pocket and having to run for your life are very different. Not convinced you watched the game.
Again, instead of thinking you know more than people (which you do a lot on this forum, along with calling people you disagree with "bad fans"). Just look at the stats. Jones was hit and pressured less.

Back
Top Bottom