20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

You did not post a stat, you posted a tweet, where do these numbers come from?
The first two words in the tweet provide that information.

What's your beef? That it's missing a throw?

The first two words in the tweet. What's your beef? That it's missing a throw?
If you're going to use something to back up your argument, at least know what that something means... No? What does under duress mean? Because really twitter can turn Mac Jones when blitzed was good, but getting blitzed doesnt mean you're under duress right? I mean if you cant explain to me what this tweet means or where it comes from, how can you use it as an argument?

This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.
I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.

This is the same thing people were saying to start last year. Then we role out a 10-6 record. Still a lot of new faces and role changes. The O line is half the offense. It's gonna take time and we have all seen improvement every year.

I wouldn't spout the doom and gloom yet. It's a lot if young guys who have only been in The league a 1-2 years and eich rookie. We are fine

If you're going to use something to back up your argument, at least know what that something means... No? What does under duress mean? Because really twitter can turn Mac Jones when blitzed was good, but getting blitzed doesnt mean you're under duress right? I mean if you cant explain to me what this tweet means or where it comes from, how can you use it as an argument?
I guess maybe try re-reading the tweet? You'll find out where it came from. Let me know if you are still having problems.

I guess maybe try re-reading the tweet? You'll find out where it came from. Let me know if you are still having problems.
It came from another twitter acount... Can you explain the stat to me and how it works?

It came from another twitter acount... Can you explain the stat to me and how it works?
OK. So the question you wanted to ask initially was how does ESPNStatsInfo define a pressure? Is that correct?

Miami blitzed 46% - higher than their average from last year.
They blitzed and played soft coverage behind it. Jones had wide open targets to dump off to. The strategy was to make NE move the length of the field. It worked. Jones racked up a ton of easy completions and just 16 points.

OK. So the question you wanted to ask initially was how does ESPNStatsInfo define a pressure? Is that correct?
How do they qualify under duress, yes.

Just accept the fact Mac was better under pressure this week. I remember 2-3 throws off the top of my head where he stepped into pressure and threw a strike.

This coming from someone who thinks Jones is a crap prospect. He handled pressure better than Tua this week, mainly because Tua tends to take his eyes off the coverage to maneuver the pocket then relocate his receivers rather than subtly manipulating tge pocket or keeping his eyes downfield.

Not wanting a thing to be true doesn't mean it isnt, and its clear from your posts you aren't analyzing what happened, you're choosing a viewpoint you like and trying to force others to go to absurd lengths to disprove it.

They blitzed and played soft coverage behind it. Jones had wide open targets to dump off to. The strategy was to make NE move the length of the field. It worked. Jones racked up a ton of easy completions and just 16 points.
Mac Jones average intended air yards on sunday was 6.3 yards(7th to last in the NFL), only 10% of his throws were to receivers with a defender within 1 yard to the receiving target(Bottom 10 in the NFL). Mac Jones was effictively check down Charlie on sunday.

Its so ****ing ironic that the posters who were blaming Tua for being a checkdown Charlie in wins are now loving Mac Jones output in a loss.

By contrast, Tua IAY on sunday was 9.4(7th in the league) while throwing into thight windows(defender within 1 yard of the targeted receiver) 25.9% of the time and still ended up with a a better yards per attempt ratio. On the road. In NE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom