20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

They blitzed and played soft coverage behind it. Jones had wide open targets to dump off to. The strategy was to make NE move the length of the field. It worked. Jones racked up a ton of easy completions and just 16 points.

This is exactly right. Mac Jones still did a good job of getting the ball out to spots opened up by the blitz. Shocked how well he did it. Either way, Miami's defensive game plan worked.

Tua tried to do more under pressure. Good and bad.

Not going to judge either QB based on one sole game. But Mac looked better than I anticipated.

I can only imagine the outrage here if the Fins only score 16 points this sunday against the Bills and Tua plays like Mac did last sunday.

We have to have one of youngest most inexperienced lines in the league. Dieter, Kindley, & Hunt have 1 year of starting experience and all of it at a different position than they are playing now. Eichenburg (sp?) is a rookie with no experience at all. What’s so shocking about them struggling in game 1?

But what does under duress means? this 8 years old article doesnt provide that information...?
I don't think it's a separate category if that's what you are asking. They are just using words pressure and duress similarly.

Jones got hit 9 times, and Tua got smacked only 4 times. Smacked and hit being used similarly.

I don't think it's a separate category if that's what you are asking. They are just using words pressure and duress similarly.

Jones got hit 9 times, and Tua got smacked only 4 times. Smacked and hit being used similarly.
See thats the thing, you cant trust a persons twitter account to be clear and straight foward. You just cant... Especially when it wont even make an attempt to point you to where they got that info... I mean, you had to google it and all you found was a vague article from 2013.

re-read this post:

Mac Jones average intended air yards on sunday was 6.3 yards(7th to last in the NFL), only 10% of his throws were to receivers with a defender within 1 yard to the receiving target(Bottom 10 in the NFL). Mac Jones was effictively check down Charlie on sunday.

Its so ****ing ironic that the posters who were blaming Tua for being a checkdown Charlie in wins are now loving Mac Jones output in a loss.

By contrast, Tua IAY on sunday was 9.4(7th in the league) while throwing into thight windows(defender within 1 yard of the targeted receiver) 25.9% of the time and still ended up with a a better yards per attempt ratio. On the road. In NE.

I will explain exactly what that means in words and where to find every single one of those stats.

Mac Jones on Sunday threw the ball as close to the LOS as possible at a bottom 7 rate to wide open receivers at a bottom 10 rate. Least of the least difficult throws.
Tua Tagovailoa on Sunday threw the ball as further away fom the LOS at a top 7 rate to covered WRs at a top 4 rate. Hardest of the hardest dificult throws.

Mac Jones yards per passing attempts: 7.2
Tua Tagovailoa yards per passing attempts: 7.5

You can find these stats and much more at:

If you're going to accept the tweet you posted as fact, and ignore this post. Your ego is getting in the way. Simple as that.

See thats the thing, you cant trust a persons twitter account to be clear and straight foward.
You keep trying push some false narrative that it was a random's person on Twitter's opinion and they are grabbing it from no where. It's not.

1. It's coming from an ESPN NFL reporter.
2. The information was stated as coming from ESPN's stats and info

If you have alternative stats that show Tua was pressured more, then please present them. The stats you are showing are meaningless in this discussion.

Here's another separate statistic showing Jones was pressured more:

PRSS%
Jones: 27.5%
Tua: 17.2%

QB HITS:
Tua: 2
Jones: 8 (#1 in league)

BLITZED:
Tua: 6
Jones: 21

Last edited:
Yeah! He was defintley tripped by Kindley. It's unfortunate but it happens. It's going to be interesting to see how they match-up against the Bills. While i think the Pats DL is overall thicker(@circumstances RELAX!) and stronger I feel the Bills DL is overall more agile and quicker.

If they can hold up then there will be plays there in the secondary. The Bills secondary isn't nearly as strong overall compared to the Patriots even without Gilmore. #39(Wallace) is a a big weak link and struggles against bigger body types like Parker/Gesicki etc.

According to @BillsFanInPeace their LB(Milano) can cover any TE in the league. I'm curious to see if they leave him 1 on 1 with Gesicki.
Yep when Healthy he can. They will try initially when in man to go with Milano on him one on one. But Bills likely will run a tone of Zone Sunday.

The O line is young. Its still a work in progress. Miami have invested a lot in the front 5. I have NO issues with what Miami have done. They see the problems, and are addressing them. Cant be fixed over night, but it is getting there.

This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.
I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.
Can we get to at least half the season before the Gnashing of teeth begins?

Mac Jones average intended air yards on sunday was 6.3 yards(7th to last in the NFL), only 10% of his throws were to receivers with a defender within 1 yard to the receiving target(Bottom 10 in the NFL). Mac Jones was effictively check down Charlie on sunday.

Its so ****ing ironic that the posters who were blaming Tua for being a checkdown Charlie in wins are now loving Mac Jones output in a loss.

By contrast, Tua IAY on sunday was 9.4(7th in the league) while throwing into thight windows(defender within 1 yard of the targeted receiver) 25.9% of the time and still ended up with a a better yards per attempt ratio. On the road. In NE.

Its not a check down in the receiver is open as your stats indicate, that is just called throwing to the open man.

This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.
I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.
The Jake Long over Matt Ryan pick set the tone for this franchise for a long time. QB starved franchise has a chance to take a can't miss (not generational) QB and we pick a tackle. We are in the minority (i think) but ive been saying what a mistake it was since they announced his name.

I can only imagine the outrage here if the Fins only score 16 points this sunday against the Bills and Tua plays like Mac did last sunday.

If its because our HB fumbles twice i wouldn't blame Tua. NE should have had 6 more points minimum and losing them had nothing to do with Mac.

Yup.

Our current OLine woes started when we took All Pro talent Tackle Jake Long first overall instead of a Quarterback!
Sorry, when you desperately need a Qb and you have one sitting there that has all the makings of a Star , you dont pass on that. Especially for a lineman. Long was overrated, far from dominant. Pro bowls mean next to nothing. Ryan may make the hall of fame.

Back
Top Bottom