20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

risskybzns

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.
I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.

This is ridiculous. The OL sucks.
It start with Bill Parcells taking Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.

I know the BS a win is a win.
Dolphins are not getting to the playoffs unless they improve on the line.
Now it seems like both sides of the ball.
Where was Jaelan Phillips??
Also the play calling still was bad. Isn’t it the same as if you have 2 QBs you have none. Maybe the same goes for having 2 offensive coordinators!
I thought Tua still looked avg. at best.
but who knows he barely had a clean pocket. Look at Jones clean pocket all day and that was with Brown out the game.
I am happy to be 1-0.
Buffalo is going to be pissed they better be ready.
That doesn't make sense. OL sucks but it starts with Parcells drafting an olineman?

Let's judge the oline after more than one game.

A stats guy. Figures.

I’m glad I wasn’t wearing my glasses yesterday. I just knew Jones didn’t have a coffee cup of time so often yesterday. My damn lying eyes…

That is because we continue to play horrible QBs behind them. A good QB makes an OL way better. Notice how Tampa Bay's OL continued to improve as the season wore on last year? Get a real QB in here and our OL problems will suddenly go away. You can't have a good OL when you have Beck, Culpepper, Henne, Tannehill, and Tua behind C.

Tua struggled under pressure more (and less often) as well:

This was my take from the game when people were saying there was a lack of pressure on Jones. Van Ginkel and Ogbah were getting pressure off the edge consistently. Jones was just doing a great job avoiding the pressure, stepping up into the pocket, and making good throws downfield.

Back
Top Bottom