20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

Honestly, I thought Jones got pressured on a lot of throws and somehow he got the ball out to check down guys - even off of his back foot. And I thought he had a noodle arm? He looked poised and polished. He wasn’t really tested in 3rd and long though. Tua had a fair number of clean pockets with which to work from and he was pretty good when did. He throws a nice lead pass so the receiver (be it a back, TE or WR) can get some RAC.

Lol! Shocker to read this post. Tua had clean pockets...sure! sure!

What's misleading about pressure stats?

Two different sites might define what a pressure is differently thus have 2 different numbers on how much a QB got pressured. Hell I've looked up drops on some of WR's and come away with 3 different numbers for the same player. Different sites have different definitions on subjective stats like pressure.
OK. That's fair. Let me know when you find something that shows it differently. Would love to see it.

That is because we continue to play horrible QBs behind them. A good QB makes an OL way better. Notice how Tampa Bay's OL continued to improve as the season wore on last year? Get a real QB in here and our OL problems will suddenly go away. You can't have a good OL when you have Beck, Culpepper, Henne, Tannehill, and Tua behind C.
When do we open the voting for “Worst Post of the Year”?

We are winning the games we are not supposed to win. Couldnt say that years past.

Oline still swiss cheese.

At least tannehill wasnt our qb yesterday or else he gets sacked at least 10 times. That was the best thing he ever did as a dolphin. Get sacked.

Again, instead of thinking you know more than people (which you do a lot on this forum, along with calling people you disagree with "bad fans"). Just look at the stats. Jones was hit and pressured less.
Ok

Hush. Don’t make too many on point statements around here. They’ll call you negative and all sorts of niceties.

How arrogantly of us to want to see a DOMINANT team on the football field. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Who in the fk do we think we are?

“I’ll take the win all day.” NO SHT, SHERLOCK. I’d let Tom Brady slap my momma across the face for a win, any win and I’m a little mommas boy. As if any fan wouldn’t take a win even as ugly as me in the morning or at any time of the day quite frankly.

But do we want to make the playoffs or throw parades for a 1 point, GIFT-WRAPPED win?

Tua was not great (understatement).

Is Waddle a duck or a WR? Duck. Hehe. Get it. Lighten up.

Tackling was a joke.

We all knew the possibility of another unstable OL so no surprise there.

But, our rush? Give the Bills that kind of time this Sunday, never mind who’s behind center, and ugly will not just be me or any of the gracious women who allowed me to touch them in college (WITH CONSENT OF COURSE!), it will be the arse whooping we’ll take.
Do ugly wins not count when it comes time to determine who the playoff teams are? Is there some sort of tiebreaker we would lose because our win was ugly?

I'm not sure what you are showing here. The stats agree with me. Jones was hit more than twice as much as Tua.

In terms of duress, he's saying he "felt like he (Tua) was under a lot more duress than that." However, his feelings aren't stats. Nor are my feelings or yours. I provided the stats in the previous page, which showed Jones also was under pressure 3x more.

Jones was impressive. Wish we had traded up to draft him. We would be a real threat to win it all with a good QB. Waddle is a difference maker and was the correct pick at 6 no matter what. But, with Jones still on the board after 10th pick, we should have gone up to get him.
If we had Jones and he played bad behind this OL you would be complaining about Jones and calling him a bust after 1 game. I bet you also wanted Mariota after his 4 TD rookie debut, Josh Freeman after his 3 TD rookie debut, Nick Mullens after his 3 TD rookie debut, Daniel Jones after his 2 TD rookie debut.

I bet all these QB's had long successful NFL careers based on their 1st game.

I can't really pinpoint the reason why we can't seem to build a dominant O-Line. It can't just be the coaches evaluating players poorly. Some part of it has to be coaching and scheme.

Seems to me that some teams can plug and play starting caliber Olineman off the street without too much drop-off year to year. That's scheme, coaching specific techniques, and strength and conditioning to me.

I think Ajax (LT) and Eich (RT) at the bookends will help with solidifying this line. Kindley, Deiter, Hunt will shore it up. Just keep Jesse Davis out of that line he got bullied all game.

OK. That's fair. Let me know when you find something that shows it differently. Would love to see it.
Watch the games to which you will say 2 different people can watch the same game and walk away with 2 different opinions. So I will say watch the game, look at the stats, listen to impartial analysis and come up with your own conclusion.

You can't just only use stats because stats don't tell the whole story. According to the stats, Dan Marino was a pretty bad playoff QB 32 TDs 24 Ints and 77.1 QB rating in 18 playoff games but that's not the whole story.

Watch the games to which you will say 2 different people can watch the same game and walk away with 2 different opinions. So I will say watch the game, look at the stats, listen to impartial analysis and come up with your own conclusion.

You can't just only use stats because stats don't tell the whole story. According to the stats, Dan Marino was a pretty bad playoff QB 32 TDs 24 Ints and 77.1 QB rating in 18 playoff games but that's not the whole story.

I agree, and i'm not saying otherwise. I didn't only use stats. We both watched the game. We have different opinions in terms of how each QB was hit and pressured, but stats back up my opinion.

As for that Dan Marino stat, raw QB counting stats will always have more of a story than a stat of pressure and especially more than a stat of QB hits. QB hits very straightforward to measure.

Do ugly wins not count when it comes time to determine who the playoff teams are? Is there some sort of tiebreaker we would lose because our win was ugly?
Did I not just say I’d take ugly wins all day or is this finignorance.com?

Im not going to succumb to little fans who want nothing more than what we witnessed on Sunday. Sorry, not sorry.

I want to decimate rookie QBs let alone the likes of Mahomes and the rest, not limp away wiping my brow in a sigh of relief.

Please, if other replies are going to regurgitate this, there’s better time spent elsewhere. I’m just a fool any way, right? So by all means, move along.

Back
Top Bottom