20 years still can’t build an O- Line. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 years still can’t build an O- Line.

Hush. Don’t make too many on point statements around here. They’ll call you negative and all sorts of niceties.

How arrogantly of us to want to see a DOMINANT team on the football field. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Who in the fk do we think we are?

“I’ll take the win all day.” NO SHT, SHERLOCK. I’d let Tom Brady slap my momma across the face for a win, any win and I’m a little mommas boy. As if any fan wouldn’t take a win even as ugly as me in the morning or at any time of the day quite frankly.

But do we want to make the playoffs or throw parades for a 1 point, GIFT-WRAPPED win?

Tua was not great (understatement).

Is Waddle a duck or a WR? Duck. Hehe. Get it. Lighten up.

Tackling was a joke.

We all knew the possibility of another unstable OL so no surprise there.

But, our rush? Give the Bills that kind of time this Sunday, never mind who’s behind center, and ugly will not just be me or any of the gracious women who allowed me to touch them in college (WITH CONSENT OF COURSE!), it will be the arse whooping we’ll take.
When you ask 'Do WE want to make the playoffs or 'do WE want to celebrate a gift-wrapped win' youre talking about a gift-wrapped win' youre talking about 2 different 'WE''s.
WE are fans of the team. They are the team.
WE the fans should celebrate the win. THEY, the team, should go back to work just as hard as if they had lost.
They saw what we saw and probably even moreso. THEY know where their crap stinks and needs to be freshened up.
If THEY dont get better, THEY wont make the playoffs and WE will be upset and angry and talk **** on THEM.

“I’ll take the win all day.” NO SHT, SHERLOCK. I’d let Tom Brady slap my momma across the face for a win, any win and I’m a little mommas boy. As if any fan wouldn’t take a win even as ugly as me in the morning or at any time of the day quite frankly.

But do we want to make the playoffs or throw parades for a 1 point, GIFT-WRAPPED win?

Did I not just say I’d take ugly wins all day or is this finignorance.com?

Im not going to succumb to little fans who want nothing more than what we witnessed on Sunday. Sorry, not sorry.

I want to decimate rookie QBs let alone the likes of Mahomes and the rest, not limp away wiping my brow in a sigh of relief.

Please, if other replies are going to regurgitate this, there’s better time spent elsewhere. I’m just a fool any way, right? So by all means, move along.
You see by saying BUT DO WE WANT TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS after saying you any fan would take an ugly win the implication is that ugly wins somehow won't get you into the playoffs. Pretty sure if you have 12 ugly wins you will in fact be going to the playoffs.

Now maybe that's not what you meant but that's how it sounds. Maybe be more clear in your message? Good luck in your future endeavors.

Tua struggled under pressure more (and less often) as well:

I'm not sure what constitutes pressure, Tua was running for his life more than 4 times.

Mac Jones definitely looked like he had a decent sense for pressure, reminded me a lot of Brady with his ability to step up into the pocket.

That's largely to do with the ability of Tua to avoid the pressure, Mac Jones's limitations in mobility and the TOP being so damn lopsided. It's a bit of a meaningless stat, tbh. The line was awful on Sunday, no two ways about it, but you are right in what you posted in another post here, it's way too early to call it after just on game, it's young and needs time to develop, just hope we have the right coaching in place to make that happen.

Thing with the Patriots was Jones always had an outlet guy to throw to whether that be a RB or a TE. There was no separation for the Phins and Tua didn’t have a safety net out to throw to.
Patriots D was geared up to take away our dump-off game. The one time I remember Tua throwing to a back on a dump-off, a Patriot was right there. I was thinking "If the flat is being covered this tight, then someone(s) downfield is in single coverage."
I dont get why we didnt have Waddle on 20 go-routes, at least. Pats D was still getting away with crowding the LOS.

Yesterday, the Phins played their first game in what is year 3 of a ground up rebuild. 31 months ago, Brian Flores was just getting hired as our HC and the Phins were about to hit the reset button as they stripped their roster down to nothing.

Quite frankly, I’m astonished that Miami is this far along already. That being said, I have no problem admitting disappointment in our young, OL draft picks of the last 2 offseasons. Hopefully a couple of these guys still pan out. Maybe as starters, maybe as solid depth pieces once upgrades are brought in. But the fact of the matter is that no matter how well this rebuild ended up going, Miami wasn’t going to fix all of the holes on their roster 31 months into this rebuild.

While there’s certainly cause for concern on if this O-Line can solidify this season and vault Miami into the playoffs, the bright side is that we’re still a work in progress, Flores was a home run hire and he has us ahead of schedule IMO.

Ehhhhh. Let’s see how he does when he has to throw it more than 5 yards.
i saw tua get pressured and still try to hang in there to make a play of some sort.

i saw mac jones get pressured and dump it off.

i can't really recall maccy hanging in there under pressure looking to make a play downfield.

I'm not sure what you are showing here. The stats agree with me. Jones was hit more than twice as much as Tua.

In terms of duress, he's saying he "felt like he (Tua) was under a lot more duress than that." However, his feelings aren't stats. Nor are my feelings or yours. I provided the stats in the previous page, which showed Jones also was under pressure 3x more.
It does not show that Mac was pressured three times more than Tua, It shows that he was hit three times more. Does this take in consideration all the times that Tua avoided being hit in comparison to Mac which is still being pressured not hit?

It does not show that Mac was pressured three times more than Tua, It shows that he was hit three times more. Does this take in consideration all the times that Tua avoided being hit in comparison to Mac which is still being pressured not hit?
You are referring to something different.

I was referring to:

You are referring to something different.

I was referring to:

I see what you're saying now, but I personally don't believe it's that cut-and-dry. There's too many other factors that can be considered when throwing under duress, i.e. are you able to step up in the pocket or did the does the pressure come from the middle, how fast does the pressure come in comparison cut the route tree that is being ran by the receivers. There's just way too many factors to just take stats and make it like it's that cut and dry. What about the backwards pass that Mac did when he was getting pressured, what about the joke of roughing-the-passer call that extended the drive that they scored their only touchdown on. I'm with a lot of people here do I want to see more from Tua, absolutely, but at no point did I walk away from watching this game more than once thinking that Mac Jones is better than Tua.

I can't really pinpoint the reason why we can't seem to build a dominant O-Line. It can't just be the coaches evaluating players poorly. Some part of it has to be coaching and scheme.

Seems to me that some teams can plug and play starting caliber Olineman off the street without too much drop-off year to year. That's scheme, coaching specific techniques, and strength and conditioning to me.
Except that we have been through a half dozen coaches, and a variety of schemes........ Perhaps it's just hard to achieve.

i saw tua get pressured and still try to hang in there to make a play of some sort.

i saw mac jones get pressured and dump it off.

i can't really recall maccy hanging in there under pressure looking to make a play downfield.
No I don’t think he did. It was out to a relief valve every time. His YPA were 7.2 which is meh. Tua’s was near solid at 7.5 for what it’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom