2001 Draft Class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2001 Draft Class

18.Chris Chambers, WR, Wisconsin -- With his size and phenomenal athletic ability as well as his strong finish over the last four weeks of the regular season, Chambers has resurfaced as a probable mid-first rounder. 18.Chris Chambers, WR, Wisconsin -- With his size and phenomenal athletic ability as well as his strong finish over the last four weeks of the regular season, Chambers has resurfaced as a probable mid-first rounder.

Wow. We really lucked out, getting him in mid 2nd I think it was. Didn't we trade with Dallas to move up?

I don't think we did, I really don't remember that draft other than a few analysts saying we got a steal when we picked chambers.

I was laughing at the busts Koren, Gardner, Mitchell, Terrell. Chad J. and Chambers were all listed below those receivers.

Wow, what a weak QB class that was. Brees sucked until last year. Vick is electrifying but still average as a QB.

I guess it goes to show you, that you can't count on a sure thing.

miami_mi said:
I was laughing at the busts Koren, Gardner, Mitchell, Terrell. Chad J. and Chambers were all listed below those receivers.

Don't forget busts at other positions - Gerrad Warren & Kenyatta Walker

sn9ke.eyes said:
Don't forget busts at other positions - Gerrad Warren & Kenyatta Walker

Are they both out of football or back-ups?

infiltrateib said:
Wow, what a weak QB class that was. Brees sucked until last year. Vick is electrifying but still average as a QB.

:rofl3:

vick is only the most dominant QB in the NFL...

He is but you can't say his passing ability is in the top tier.

:confused: if u were talking about chad johnson being a bust i would disagree

Nope not at all I was just saying that chambers and johnson, were the best of the bunch.

There are also some links in there....one is to Kipers final mock for that year:

he had us taking:

ROUND 1: CB-Willie Middlebrooks
ROUND 2: DT-Ryan Pickett
ROUND 3: QB-Jesse Palmer

We DEFIANTELY had a better draft than that with Fletcher, Chambers, and Greenwood (and Minor). I was surprised that he projected us to go CB in the first round....it seemed like such a surprise when we took Fletcher, like why do we need a CB?? But I guess Kiper saw it coming. Anyway, Middlebrooks is at least as bad as Fletcher, Chambers is a no-brainer, and Jesse Palmer?? The Bachelor?? LMAO!!!

That class wasn't the greatest looking back on it. I think we took Fletcher out of need, since a lot of teams were spreading our defense out with 4 receiver sets the year before.

Back
Top Bottom