2002 First Round Busts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2002 First Round Busts

I think Boller might do well with a change of scenery. Sometimes when you get off on a bad foot on one team, the only thing that can turn it around for you is a fresh start. I don't think there is any argument that he has all the physical tools to be a good QB, but I agree he hasn't done anything but lick balls since he came in the league.

SMadison29 said:
Busts
2 Detroit CHARLES ROGERS
6 New Orleans JOHNATHAN SULLIVAN
12 St. Louis JIMMY KENNEDY
14 Chicago MICHAEL HAYNES
15 Philadelphia JEROME MCDOUGLE
18 Arizona CALVIN PACE
19 Baltimore KYLE BOLLER
22 Chicago REX GROSSMAN
25 New York WILLIAM JOSEPH
26 San Francisco KWAME HARRIS
32 Oakland TYLER BRAYTON

Borderline Busts
4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON
17 Arizona BRYANT JOHNSON
20 Denver GEORGE FOSTER
21 Cleveland JEFF FAINE
28 Tennessee ANDRE WOOLFOLK
30 San Diego SAMMY DAVIS
31 Oakland NNAMDI ASOMUGHA

I disagree with some of these

2 Detroit CHARLES ROGERS-I'll give you that.

6 New Orleans JOHNATHAN SULLIVAN-Yeah. Saints traded two picks for him, when they should have taken Trufant. One of many Saints to not live up to their potential

12 St. Louis JIMMY KENNEDY-He hasn't been bad this year, but he's not as good as he was made out to be coming out of Penn State.

14 Chicago MICHAEL HAYNES-I don't think he's a bust. Chicago has Wale, and Brown ahead of him, but Lovie rotates his DL a lot and Haynes has made plays in Lovie's defense the last two years.

15 Philadelphia JEROME MCDOUGLE-Him getting shot buys him another year, but he was well on his way to being a bust (didn't do anything the first two years)

18 Arizona CALVIN PACE-Stupid pick to begin with.

19 Baltimore KYLE BOLLER-He's not great, but I have seen improvement in him the last couple weeks

22 Chicago REX GROSSMAN-When he plays, he's been good for the Bears, he just won't play much now because the team is winning and Orton is playing well.

25 New York WILLIAM JOSEPH-Not dominating, but is a decent DT.

26 San Francisco KWAME HARRIS-We almost traded up for this guy. I'm glad San Fran turned us down. He gets a lot of holding penalties

32 Oakland TYLER BRAYTON-yes. He was drafted as a DT, we moved to DE, played OLB in the 3-4, and is now an OLB in the 4-3. He hasn't been a force in any way.

Borderline Busts
4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON-No, he rose up draft boards because of his 40's, but he's been an above average NT for the Jets.

17 Arizona BRYANT JOHNSON- No, he's been hurt this year, but he's a good 3rd option.

20 Denver GEORGE FOSTER- Matter of opinion, to me he's played well, but I don't see him play that much.

21 Cleveland JEFF FAINE- I don't thing so. He's started since his rookie season

28 Tennessee ANDRE WOOLFOLK-Yeah, he and Pac Man have done nothing while two later round picks (Hill this year, and Gardner last year) have outplayed them

30 San Diego SAMMY DAVIS-The fact Jammar Fletchar is ahead of him on the depth chart should tell you something.

4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON-No, he rose up draft boards because of his 40's, but he's been an above average NT for the Jets.

The guy is one of the best DTs in football.

SMadison29 said:
Borderline Busts
4 New York DEWAYNE ROBERTSON
17 Arizona BRYANT JOHNSON
20 Denver GEORGE FOSTER
21 Cleveland JEFF FAINE
28 Tennessee ANDRE WOOLFOLK
30 San Diego SAMMY DAVIS
31 Oakland NNAMDI ASOMUGHA

i wouldnt say Foster was a bust...1000 yard runningbacks every year and Plummer doesnt get sacked alot

Back
Top Bottom