• San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Detroit Pistons

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My official pick is Detroit in 6.

Here is an interesting note:

Since the Lakers won back to back titles in '87 & '88 the ONLY team not to win at least 2 in a row was SA after both ofn their titles. It's starnge, I remember as a kid how it was impossible to win 2 straight and how difficult it was for that great Laker team to do it in '88 becoming the first team since Boston in the 60s to do it but since then Detroit won in '89 & '90, Chi '91-'93 & '96-'98, Hou '94 & '95 and LAL '00-'02. Only SA '99 & '03 didn't win back to back titles so that's why I'm going w/ Detroit in 6 as my pick.

The Spurs in 6.....here is why:

Tim Duncan....is a much better all around player than Sheed and Ben Wallace.
He can consistenly beat you inside, he can shoot, also a better free throw shooter than Ben. AND he plays defense.

I think Defense is what will decide this series. Bowens is one of the best defenders in the league. I don't see Chauney or Rip scoring many easy baskets.

Manu Ginobli.....flat out hustles all game long, even though he does a lot of flopping. Tony Parker can also shoot the long ball and drive to the basket.

The Spurs have too much depth and D for the Pistons.

Pistons in 6
If you break it down i believe the Pistons have the better team. I think they have the better Backcourt with Rip and Billups. Plus a better front court with Prince,Wallace,Wallace, and McDyse.

No matter who wins this series, it's one for the ages. This is a series only true basketball fans can enjoy. I can't wait, every match-up in this series, from coaching to depth is nearly even. I think the Spurs win it because of homecourt. Finally an NBA Finals that is going to be competitive!

Well The Spurs pretty much owned the Pistons tonight. Expect to see more of that :D

After watching the game tonight I say the spurs. The pistons just don't have it to win agian. I say spurs in five.

Crappy Basketball...The Pistons looked like they have no juice left.....

I think my Spurs in six prediction looks about right.

Detroit wins TWO at home.

After seeing the Pistons stink it up with 69 points tonight I change my early prediction from Spurs in 6 to Spurs in 4......SWEEP!!!!!

Detroit is stinking it up tonight too although they've got it under double digits with 7 minutes left in the game. I want San Antonio to win the series but Detroit to win tonight. If Detroit goes down 2-0 I don't care if their heading home or not, their in trouble!

Back
Top Bottom