2005 NBA Mock Draft v.2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 NBA Mock Draft v.2

spurs but i kinda jumped the wagon...i've been a fan for about 6 years now so i think im gonna transition over to the bobcats this year...New Franchise, New Team, New Attitude!

Heres to hoping the bobcats get chris paul! :D

Buddwalk said:
2005 NBA Mock Draft

Another fine job. Allow me to make some comments...

*Atlanta trades #2 overall to Toronto for #7 and #16 overall
*Portland Trades #3 overall to Utah for #6 and #27 overall

Here's the thing I don't get: Portland probably knows they can get the 5 and 13 from Charlotte if Paul is on the board. So why would they trade down with Utah instead?

1. Bucks : Andrew Bogut C
2. Raptors : Marvin Williams SF UNC
3. Jazz : Chris Paul PG Wake
4. Hornets : Deron Williams PG Illinois

I still don't think the Hornets pass on Green to take Williams. Small forward is a huge need for that team.

5. Bobcats : Gerald Green SG/SF HS Sr
6. Blazers : Martell Webster SG/SF HS Sr
7. Hawks : Channing Frye C Arizona
8. Knicks : Antoine Wright SG Texas A&M
9. Warriors : Fran Vazquez PF Spain
10. Lakers : Charlie Villanueva PF UCONN
11. Magic : Danny Granger SF New Mexico
12. Clippers : Chris Taft PF/C Pittsburgh

Not that I necessarily disagree with this, but I want to note that Chris Taft's stock is all over the place. He could go as high as 8, and he could fall out of round 1. Also, I don't see the Lakers passing on Felton if he's there.

13. Bobcats : Raymond Felton PG UNC
14. Timberwolves : Rashad McCants SF UNC
15. Nets : Sean May PF UNC
16. Hawks : Monta Ellis PG HS Sr
17. Pacers : Yaroslav Korolev SF Russia

Word is that someone has promised Korolev a first round spot. Personally, I think it's the Nuggets, but obviously that's not relevant if the Pacers take him, and they might. Also, I still maintain that Warrick makes more sense for NJ than May.

18. Celtics : Andray Blatche PF HS Sr
19. Grizzlies : Joey Graham SF OSU
20. Nuggets : Johan Petro C France
21. Suns : Ike Diogu PF Arizona St.
22. Nuggets : Ersan Ilyasova SF Turkey
23. Kings : Hakim Warrick SF/PF Syracuse
24. Rockets : Jarrett Jack PG Georgia Tech
25. Supersonics : CJ Miles SG HS Sr
26. Pistons : Rudy Fernandez SG Spain
27. Blazers : Francisco Garcia SG Louisville
28. Spurs : Andrew Bynum C HS Sr
29. Heat : Wayne Simien PF Kansas
30. Knicks : Randolph Morris C Kentucky

I think Garcia makes more sense for Detroit than Fernandez, but then, the Pistons like European players. I also wouldn't mind them taking Randolph Morris, so they could stash him on the bench for a couple years and then develop him, much as they're doing with Darko Milicic, who will be in the rotation next year. Bynum would be a great pickup for the Spurs.

BTW, just so you don't think I'm poking holes idly, I'll be posting my own mock draft sometime fairly soon. :)

Buddwalk said:
spurs but i kinda jumped the wagon...i've been a fan for about 6 years now so i think im gonna transition over to the bobcats this year...New Franchise, New Team, New Attitude!

Heres to hoping the bobcats get chris paul! :D

Ballsy move on your part, ditching a team that's probably going on to their 3rd title in 6 years for a team that might win 25 games next year if they're lucky. Well, no one can call you a bandwagoner, that's for sure.

phunwin said:
Another fine job. Allow me to make some comments...

Here's the thing I don't get: Portland probably knows they can get the 5 and 13 from Charlotte if Paul is on the board. So why would they trade down with Utah instead?

Charlottes gm had a press conference the other day and said there gonna hold on to both of there lottery picks...unless a deal jumps out at them and is unbelievable which he also said is highly unlikely

Hakim warricks stock has dropped since him and danny granger played a one on one game...and granger basically dominated him cause hes more physical and a much better shooter!

Deron Williams is the #1 player on alot of peoples boards...the hornets biggest need was SF until they traded Baron Davis away to the Warriors...right now PG is there biggest need and Deron Williams is also the #1 player on there board. The guy makes a whole lotta sense!

Back
Top Bottom