2005 Schedule / Breakdown-Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 Schedule / Breakdown-Predictions

N

NJFinFury2004

Sunday Morning, everything around the house is done and IM thinking about my beloved FINS and my favorite website > FINHEAVEN!

I wanted to take a closer look at our up and coming schedule for the season and try and break things down a bit to see where we MIGHT end up.

09/11/05 vs. Denver Broncos 1:00 PM 1-0

At home vs Denver. The Broncos had a tough time with us last year in their own building. Jake Plummer is terrible when you get pressure on him and that is something we should be able to do. The Fans and Fins alike will be PUMPED up for Saban's first game as Head Coach, Ronnie Brown with something to prove, Miami has an outstanding record at home in Season Openers. Miami 24 Denver 14

09/18/05 @ New York Jets 4:15 PM 1-1
The JETS swept us last season. They are at Home and we have always had a tough time there. Jets D is a top 10 and Ricky isnt back yet. Chad Pennington wont be out for the year yet. Curtis Martin led the league in rushing, but how much longer can he go? We lose a tough fought defensive battle-> Jets 17 Fins 10

09/25/05 vs. Carolina Panthers 1:00 PM 2-1
We return home to play one of the better young teams in the NFC. Does Stephen Davis have anything left? Will losing Mushin hurt Dellohome? Who will start at RB for the Panthers? D line problems last year, Ronnie Brown has his first 100 yard game. Fins rebound. Miami 21 Panthers 13

10/02/05 Bye Week
I hate early BYE weeks. Ricky is back at 220 lbs and raring to go.

10/09/05 @ Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM 3-1
Are the Bills fans questioning the release of Bledsoe? This team showed little heart vs the Steelers in a must win game! The Ricky and Ronnie show debuts and Miami gets their first road win. Miami 20 Bills 10

10/16/05 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM 3-2
Cadillac and Brown are on opposite sides of the Ball. John Gruden has been quietly building a competitve young football team. Griese's revenge. Tampa 27 Fins 17

10/23/05 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM 3-3
Patrick returns to Miami. Although Chiefs D is improved , Miami's new offense under Lihnen is starting to click. KC'S O proves too much for Miami's new secondary, Saban loses first home game in this one
KC 31 Miami 24

10/30/05 @ New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM 4-3
Miami's offensive speed shows here. After losing 2 games in a row, The Ricky and Ronnie show couples with new look offense.
Miami 27 Saints 10

11/06/05 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM 5-3
Miami under dogs at home. Vick runs into problems with the speedy Matt Roth and Jason Taylor. Ricky and Ronnie continue to be animals as Miami wins their second in a row Miami 24 Falcons 17

11/13/05 vs. New England Patriots 1:00 PM 6-3
Saban and Bellicheck know each other well. Miami 5-3 and respectability is the buzz around the city of Miami. Brady runs into a D line roation of Carter, Taylor, Roth and Vonnie Holliday contribute as the Fins win another one in a Defensive battle Miami 10 Pats 7

11/20/05 @ Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM 7-3
While Crennel has the BROWNS playing with pride, the Fins have too much talent and Ricky and Ronnie expose a weak D line.
Miami 23 Browns 14

11/27/05 @ Oakland Raiders 4:05 PM 7-4
Once again an AFC WEST passing team exploits the Fins rebuilding secondary as Miami loses for the first time in 4 weeks! Williams and Brown have big games, but its not enough.
Raiders 34 Fins 21

12/04/05 vs. Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM 7-5
Bills second year QB is getting better. Mcgahee is still healthy. Its hard to sweep a division opponent and Miami finds that out. They drop their second in a row in a tough battle Bills 20 Fins 17

12/11/05 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 PM 8-5
After losing 2 games in a row, the Fins fly out west and actually beat an AFC WEST TEAM in an UPSET. Ronnie Brown vs Ladanian Tomlison in a thriller Miami 31 Chargers 27

12/18/05 vs. New York Jets 1:00 PM 9-5
The Saban led Fins have the people talking Playoffs for the Fins for the first time since 2001! Jets have won the last 3 games, but at home and VS Jay Fumbler, Miami dominates the game. Miami 28 Jets 14

12/24/05 vs. Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM 10-5
Afer an emotional win vs the hated JETS, Saban keeps the players heads in the game as Miami wins again, beating the rebuilding Titans in a laugher Miami 34 Titans 10

01/01/06 @ New England Patriots 1:00 P 10-6
The Pats have clinched yet another AFC EAST TITLE, but need this win vs a Miami team who has beat them 2 games in a row for a bye week in the tough AFC! Miami is on the road and in the cold for the first time this year, which has been a HUGE ADVANTAGE for a team that historically doesn't play well in the COLD. Miami serves notice that they are going to be the future of the AFC EAST, but the Pats pull out a well fough battle as the Pats win this one, with terrible conditions at the field.
Pats 17 Miami 10

IN this last game of the season, the Fins do not fold under the brilliant mind of Nick Saban. They lose the game, but its a well fought battle and this gives the Fins confidence going into their first playoff game since 2001!

Well thought out, and could well go that way. Good job and heres to seing how right you are!

Very good anaylsis, it could very well play out like that with the wins and losses. I expect the dolphins to be in every game and a 9 or 10 win season is not out of the question.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Sunday Morning, everything around the house is done and IM thinking about my beloved FINS and my favorite website > FINHEAVEN!

I wanted to take a closer look at our up and coming schedule for the season and try and break things down a bit to see where we MIGHT end up.

09/11/05 vs. Denver Broncos 1:00 PM 1-0

At home vs Denver. The Broncos had a tough time with us last year in their own building. Jake Plummer is terrible when you get pressure on him and that is something we should be able to do. The Fans and Fins alike will be PUMPED up for Saban's first game as Head Coach, Ronnie Brown with something to prove, Miami has an outstanding record at home in Season Openers. Miami 24 Denver 14

09/18/05 @ New York Jets 4:15 PM 1-1
The JETS swept us last season. They are at Home and we have always had a tough time there. Jets D is a top 10 and Ricky isnt back yet. Chad Pennington wont be out for the year yet. Curtis Martin led the league in rushing, but how much longer can he go? We lose a tough fought defensive battle-> Jets 17 Fins 10

09/25/05 vs. Carolina Panthers 1:00 PM 2-1
We return home to play one of the better young teams in the NFC. Does Stephen Davis have anything left? Will losing Mushin hurt Dellohome? Who will start at RB for the Panthers? D line problems last year, Ronnie Brown has his first 100 yard game. Fins rebound. Miami 21 Panthers 13

10/02/05 Bye Week
I hate early BYE weeks. Ricky is back at 220 lbs and raring to go.

10/09/05 @ Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM 3-1
Are the Bills fans questioning the release of Bledsoe? This team showed little heart vs the Steelers in a must win game! The Ricky and Ronnie show debuts and Miami gets their first road win. Miami 20 Bills 10

10/16/05 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 PM 3-2
Cadillac and Brown are on opposite sides of the Ball. John Gruden has been quietly building a competitve young football team. Griese's revenge. Tampa 27 Fins 17

10/23/05 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 PM 3-3
Patrick returns to Miami. Although Chiefs D is improved , Miami's new offense under Lihnen is starting to click. KC'S O proves too much for Miami's new secondary, Saban loses first home game in this one
KC 31 Miami 24

10/30/05 @ New Orleans Saints 1:00 PM 4-3
Miami's offensive speed shows here. After losing 2 games in a row, The Ricky and Ronnie show couples with new look offense.
Miami 27 Saints 10

11/06/05 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1:00 PM 5-3
Miami under dogs at home. Vick runs into problems with the speedy Matt Roth and Jason Taylor. Ricky and Ronnie continue to be animals as Miami wins their second in a row Miami 24 Falcons 17

11/13/05 vs. New England Patriots 1:00 PM 6-3
Saban and Bellicheck know each other well. Miami 5-3 and respectability is the buzz around the city of Miami. Brady runs into a D line roation of Carter, Taylor, Roth and Vonnie Holliday contribute as the Fins win another one in a Defensive battle Miami 10 Pats 7

11/20/05 @ Cleveland Browns 1:00 PM 7-3
While Crennel has the BROWNS playing with pride, the Fins have too much talent and Ricky and Ronnie expose a weak D line.
Miami 23 Browns 14

11/27/05 @ Oakland Raiders 4:05 PM 7-4
Once again an AFC WEST passing team exploits the Fins rebuilding secondary as Miami loses for the first time in 4 weeks! Williams and Brown have big games, but its not enough.
Raiders 34 Fins 21

12/04/05 vs. Buffalo Bills 1:00 PM 7-5
Bills second year QB is getting better. Mcgahee is still healthy. Its hard to sweep a division opponent and Miami finds that out. They drop their second in a row in a tough battle Bills 20 Fins 17

12/11/05 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 PM 8-5
After losing 2 games in a row, the Fins fly out west and actually beat an AFC WEST TEAM in an UPSET. Ronnie Brown vs Ladanian Tomlison in a thriller Miami 31 Chargers 27

12/18/05 vs. New York Jets 1:00 PM 9-5
The Saban led Fins have the people talking Playoffs for the Fins for the first time since 2001! Jets have won the last 3 games, but at home and VS Jay Fumbler, Miami dominates the game. Miami 28 Jets 14

12/24/05 vs. Tennessee Titans 1:00 PM 10-5
Afer an emotional win vs the hated JETS, Saban keeps the players heads in the game as Miami wins again, beating the rebuilding Titans in a laugher Miami 34 Titans 10

01/01/06 @ New England Patriots 1:00 P 10-6
The Pats have clinched yet another AFC EAST TITLE, but need this win vs a Miami team who has beat them 2 games in a row for a bye week in the tough AFC! Miami is on the road and in the cold for the first time this year, which has been a HUGE ADVANTAGE for a team that historically doesn't play well in the COLD. Miami serves notice that they are going to be the future of the AFC EAST, but the Pats pull out a well fough battle as the Pats win this one, with terrible conditions at the field.
Pats 17 Miami 10

IN this last game of the season, the Fins do not fold under the brilliant mind of Nick Saban. They lose the game, but its a well fought battle and this gives the Fins confidence going into their first playoff game since 2001!

Good post, well thought, I'am with you on your predictions!

Interesting. A Buffalo fan did one the other day and forgot threy have a rookie qb because they beat us and the jets twice and split with the pats. IMAGIN THAT BIASED. I thought yours where well thought out.. good job

Oh no, thats not a homer post. Give me a break, there is no way in hell we match up with Atlanta, or Buffalo. Yes, Haslett leds the Saints, but they still got to much talent.

Then, the Browns. You give Romeo credit, but then say we expose them. Remember, Romeo aint no chump either. It could very well be he exposes our O. We dont even come close to matching up with their WR's.

Um, your questions on CAR are valid, but they did grab Eric Shelton in the second round. And their DL has issues. I wish we had issues like that!

And, when it comes to SD. Just who do you think we got that can stop LT once he breaks through the line. Everyone we got will be eating his dust, but maybe Eddie Moore. And he probably wont even get on the field.

NE has the ONLY TE I consider more talented then McMichael, and if BB has learned anything, he will probably match-up our S's/LB's all day long wth Ben, and burn us. I think you guys discredit both NE and Buffalo. Saban dont have the tools to match-up with either of them.

It's not Nicks fault, he just dont have the sqaud to play competitive football with these guys yet. I know you want them too win, but I just think you are well-wishing too much. Sure, on paper is looks good, but once on the field, there are match-up problems all day long. We are going to have to have the best pass rush D in the NFL, to keep our secondary from being exposed. And, that just aint going to happen. Can it, sure....anything can happen, but likely, hardly.

Very nice job. I would be thrilled to have that season, although, the loss to the Bucs doesn't sit well with me.. hopefully that's the only one ya miss on.. :-)

NYFF, does our O start the season as though they've been been in this O for 2 years? Just asking because there's no mention of early struggles on both sides with all the new stuff. Just wondered how much that will play into our early season's success or lack of success? Of course your analysis doesn't account for injuries, and a key one has to be poole.

I cant wait for this season! It'll feel good to goto the stadium not knowing what are team is going to do. I think during the season there's going to be alot of talk going on about our surprising fins!

Didn't the fins have a 10-6 record in 2003? And wouldn't we have won 2 or 3 more games if Jay, yes that's right, Jay Fiedler would've stayed healthy? If Ronnie can get 80 yards a game with the absence of ricky, we should do at least 10-6. We have a much, much better offensive scheme, and our defense was infused with some youth these past two/three years, and I think they're ready to dominate again.

I agree with you mostly accept I think we beat the Patriots by more than 3 at home, and we beat Buffalo in our house the next week. I think we win the Oakland game, and lose the San Diego game....and the Tampa Bay game could go either way

Back
Top Bottom