2006 miami dolphins are the most disappointing team ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 miami dolphins are the most disappointing team ever

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
before this year started most analysts were predicting the dolphins to be superbowl contenders. Now it just another season of not making the playoffs. I know some of you guys will say "wait till next season". I for one am tired of that phrase. I want to see this team win. The Miami dolphins are known for being winners. We need to learn to be winners again.

not really, i cant remember one that wasnt disappointing since marino left, since then they have all built the fans up, to bring them down

finsgonewild said:
do you guys agree?
They have been disappointing this season after playoffs and possible home superbowl contender...But I wouldnt say they are THE most disappointing team ever

With the exception of the 4-12 season, they've all been winning seasons, though. At 5-7, I doubt that we'll finish with a winning season given our schedule. So, I would say this is the most disappointing.

2004was the most disapointing

A.J. Feely :club: :eek:

This title was written by a true bandwagon fan. If you had any recollection of the Dolphins you would honestly say that Coach Shula's last season was the most disappointing ever. We were picked by many people to be Super Bowl contenders, not just to finally overtake the Pats as AFC East champs. No legit person thought we were winning the Super Bowl, they just thought we might win the East. Appreciate history, before you make a statement as stupid as that.

I will retract my statement though if you are less than eight years old.

Dolfan_Noles said:
With the exception of the 4-12 season, they've all been winning seasons, though. At 5-7, I doubt that we'll finish with a winning season given our schedule. So, I would say this is the most disappointing.

exactly I cant remember the last time we were considered super bowl contenders and will struggle to reach above 500

AmazonJack said:
This title was written by a true bandwagon fan. If you had any recollection of the Dolphins you would honestly say that Coach Shula's last season was the most disappointing ever. We were picked by many people to be Super Bowl contenders, not just to finally overtake the Pats as AFC East champs. No legit person thought we were winning the Super Bowl, they just thought we might win the East. Appreciate history, before you make a statement as stupid as that.

I will retract my statement though if you are less than eight years old.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I have been more disappointed with Shula's last season, the season we lost to Buffalo at home in the AFC Champ game, 1986 when New England went to the Super Bowl and we didn't, 2004 with Feeley, Marino's last season...

This one has sucked but not the most disappointing to me...

1993 when we started 9-2, even without Dan, and then lost five straight to miss the playoffs entirely. That was a SB team if Dan didn't tear his achilles and half the defense didn't get hurt later on in the year. But there hasn't been a non-disappointing season in decades.

I knew these threads would come back after the one month hiatus

Hopefully now that we finish 7-9 or so(hopefully) we won't have such high expectations for next year

Well for me the 1995,1999,1993,2002,2003 teams were probably more disappointing.Also the 1994 and 1992 seasons could have ended alot better.

SmokyFin said:
1993 when we started 9-2, even without Dan, and then lost five straight to miss the playoffs entirely. That was a SB team if Dan didn't tear his achilles and half the defense didn't get hurt later on in the year. But there hasn't been a non-disappointing season in decades.
Ya... Steve Deberg

Back
Top Bottom