2006 NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 NFL Draft

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
2006 Draft

I know I might sound like a horrible Fin Fan for saying this but I just bought the new Sports weekly Magazine and in it I believe is the top 100 or 150 seniors in next years draft and there are some pretty big names out there. I think it would be bad but great at the same time if we threw this season and got some of the players coming out next year. Ex. Matt Leinart, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Haloti Ngata, Marcus McNeil, A.J. Hawk, Chad Greenway, Rodrique Wright,Eric Winston, Andrew Whitworth..........just to name a few. I spose even if we do our best next season the draft is still gonna be great.:wink:

P.S. Don't burn me too badly

There still will be talent in mid to late 1st round. Plus if you have too many high picks it cost you way to much against your cap. There are some others that may have a monster year that we havent even heard of yet.
QBs possible for draft next year.
Matt Leinart USC
Brad Smith Mizzou
Reggie McNeal Texas A&M
Omar Jacobs Bowling Green
Bruce Gradkowski Toledo
DJ Shockley Georgia
Charlie Whitehurst Clemson
just to name a few for you.....

I'm not exactly looking at QB's, I believe Feeley will be good I watched him play that game against the Patriots. Now with better coaching I think he will be even better than he was at the end of last season. I was looking at OLB, OT, and DT.

Phinsfan1980 said:
There still will be talent in mid to late 1st round. Plus if you have too many high picks it cost you way to much against your cap. There are some others that may have a monster year that we havent even heard of yet.
QBs possible for draft next year.
Matt Leinart USC
Brad Smith Mizzou
Reggie McNeal Texas A&M
Omar Jacobs Bowling Green
Bruce Gradkowski Toledo
DJ Shockley Georgia
Charlie Whitehurst Clemson
just to name a few for you.....
He said good players eligible. That means not charlie whitehurst.

Also Shockley has a lot to prove. The rest of those guys i like.

Next year is supposed to be a big year for OLB's and Seau will more than likely retire after this year so Saban will prolly be looking at them just as closely as I do.

Boik14 said:
He said good players eligible. That means not charlie whitehurst.

Also Shockley has a lot to prove. The rest of those guys i like.
Are you kidding me do you know what whitehurst did the season before when he had better recievers with Derrick Hamilton and Kevin Youngblood with Airese Currie in the slot? :eek: . He can be very good. I put DJ Shockley down because if he has a monster year now that Greene is gone he could shoot up the draft boards for next year.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Next year is supposed to be a big year for OLB's and Seau will more than likely retire after this year so Saban will prolly be looking at them just as closely as I do.
There are talks of Crowder playing outside.

I also forgot Darnell Hackney from UAB and Drew Tate from Iowa

Next year lacks players at a couple positions but not many. WR I think is going to be in 2002 shape meaning average, not as bad as the some years in the 90s. TE will be alright. LB will be good inside, great outside. CB won't be great, and neither will safety. DE will drop off but still be a good class with Kiwi staying in school. DT will be much stronger, probably around 2002's class strength and Wright will be the next top 5 DT. OT will be EXTREMELY STRONG with three elite prospects and three other 1st rounders, plus another very good RT prospect. G is strong, but not to T standard. C has two elite prospects. HB isn't quite as strong, but is right between 2004 and 2005's grades. QB has Leinart, and then questions after that but numerous players could catapult into the 1st round with strong seasons. It also depends heavily on which juniors declare.

Overall it's a pretty strong draft. It'll only get better since it's strength is pretty much assured in it's senior OTs.

No true competitors would ever conceive throwing a season. If we used the mindset that this draft was that valuable, we would just trade up.

But I love D'Brickashaw Ferguson. I want this guy in our uniform next season.

Jaj said:
Next year lacks players at a couple positions but not many. WR I think is going to be in 2002 shape meaning average, not as bad as the some years in the 90s. TE will be alright. LB will be good inside, great outside. CB won't be great, and neither will safety. DE will drop off but still be a good class with Kiwi staying in school. DT will be much stronger, probably around 2002's class strength and Wright will be the next top 5 DT. OT will be EXTREMELY STRONG with three elite prospects and three other 1st rounders, plus another very good RT prospect. G is strong, but not to T standard. C has two elite prospects. HB isn't quite as strong, but is right between 2004 and 2005's grades. QB has Leinart, and then questions after that but numerous players could catapult into the 1st round with strong seasons. It also depends heavily on which juniors declare.

Overall it's a pretty strong draft. It'll only get better since it's strength is pretty much assured in it's senior OTs.
:yes:

Another thing is whos to say what we need for next year? We have to play this year first to see. Some of the younger players on our team could suprise the league.

If we want an OT, we can pretty much get one even in the mid 1st. I mean even if Ferguson, McNeil, and Winston are gone there's still Scott, Whitworth, and Justice. I don't remember the last time SIX offensive tackles went before the top 25 where we'll more than likely be so if we want one we can definitely get a LT. Even if Alabi impresses this year I wouldn't pass on possibly Winston Justice. What a steal that'll be. If he didn't get hurt this year he would have been a possible top 5 pick.

Jaj said:
If we want an OT, we can pretty much get one even in the mid 1st. I mean even if Ferguson, McNeil, and Winston are gone there's still Scott, Whitworth, and Justice. I don't remember the last time SIX offensive tackles went before the top 25 where we'll more than likely be so if we want one we can definitely get a LT. Even if Alabi impresses this year I wouldn't pass on possibly Winston Justice. What a steal that'll be. If he didn't get hurt this year he would have been a possible top 5 pick.

I believe all six will get drafted...likely in the 1st 20 picks. LTs are too hard to find. The guy that is the least heralded at this time, of the 6..Scott, IMO will end up being the most consistant player over a 10-12 year period. All of the top tackles have some sort of issue...Ferguson (keeping on weight and desire to play), McNeil (back problems..though not bad...it's more of a future thing), Whitworth (who I also like but has been injured), One Winston had legal problems, and the other Winston was hurt and had legal issues. Scott has had none of the issues any of the others have or could have. Now, he isn't the flash uber-talent that the others are, he simply does his job...and does it well.

Honestly, I'd like to get any of the guys they are all that talented. My preferences are for Ferguson, providing he doens't decide to go directly to law school (yes, he is that smart) and Scott.

zephon said:
I believe all six will get drafted...likely in the 1st 20 picks. LTs are too hard to find. The guy that is the least heralded at this time, of the 6..Scott, IMO will end up being the most consistant player over a 10-12 year period. All of the top tackles have some sort of issue...Ferguson (keeping on weight and desire to play), McNeil (back problems..though not bad...it's more of a future thing), Whitworth (who I also like but has been injured), One Winston had legal problems, and the other Winston was hurt and had legal issues. Scott has had none of the issues any of the others have or could have. Now, he isn't the flash uber-talent that the others are, he simply does his job...and does it well.

Honestly, I'd like to get any of the guys they are all that talented. My preferences are for Ferguson, providing he doens't decide to go directly to law school (yes, he is that smart) and Scott.
I doubt that they will all get drafted in the first 20. One or two are bound to have either a bad senior bowl or combine which will drop them. I would be amazed if 6 tackles go in the first 20 picks.

Back
Top Bottom