2007 cap - proposed changes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 cap - proposed changes

Rich

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
2007 Cap - $109 million
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolchartst06,0,6612741.htmlstory?coll=sfla-sports-utility-dolphins
Here are numbers I'd look at reducing ($36 million):
Chris Chambers, WR, $7.3M, 2009
Kevin Carter, DE, $6.48M, 2009
Joey Harrington, QB, $3.5M, 2008
Jeno James, G, $4M, 2009
Seth McKinney, G, $4M, 2007
L.J. Shelton, G, $3.2M, 2009
Bennie Anderson, G, $2.1M, 2007
Olindo Mare, K, $2.1M, 2009
Justin Peelle, TE, $1.6M, 2008
Jim Maxwell, LB, $510,000, 2007
Eric Kimble, WR, $360,500, 2007
Tim Massaquoi, TE, $360,000, Unknown

I'd try to trade Chambers for a #2, keep Carter where he is, keep Harrington where he is, cut James and McKinney, restructure Shelton, cut Anderson and Mare, and keep the rest where they are.

I think Carter needs to be restructured as well. Not sure what the going rate for defensive ends but hopefully Roth can step up and take it. The guys on the oling for sure need some restructuring.

shouright said:
I'd try to trade Chambers for a #2, keep Carter where he is, keep Harrington where he is, cut James and McKinney, restructure Shelton, cut Anderson and Mare, and keep the rest where they are.

Anderson only has a one year deal and he sucks anyway so he's gone. I agree with cutting James and Mckinney, maybe we can get some quality linemen insted of the crap we have been getting this time.

PhinFan0202 said:
Anderson only has a one year deal and he sucks anyway so he's gone. I agree with cutting James and Mckinney, maybe we can get some quality linemen insted of the crap we have been getting this time.

exactly. its so sad to see those average players getting paid TOP NOTCH money. our team is in big time trouble for about the next 5 years. hands down.

Carter and McKinney have "funny money" deals for next year, so they'll restructure or be gone. I think Bennie Anderson is gone, regardless.

I can't believe that Bennie Anderson number. I believe Kevin Carter and Seth will rework their contract. Also, what's Booker's hit? And what are the chances he reduces it?

Back
Top Bottom