"2007 mantra: Win now"? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"2007 mantra: Win now"?

E L E P H A N T

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Am I the only person who has gotten the feeling given everything that has happened up to this point in time, since Cam took over, that the feeling is "win now"?

We have only a year or two left to make a run with this personnel on D. After all, how many more years can Zach lead in tackles? How much longer will Jason be dominate, etc?

Getting Ginn makes an immediate impact to the offense, and the return game. There were other picks we could have made there, but none that have an open slot to move right in and upgrade.

Trent Green will be the QB for 2007. He says he wants to be here. Cam wants him. KC will not pay him $7 mill. to sit on the bench. But, he is a stopgap, only for a year or two. But, he will do just as good as any rookie we could have brought in. He knows Cam/the system/the playbook.

Adding people like Booker and Mauia add different gadgets to the O. Booker can be split out into a WR spot. Mauia can be used as a third TE, or FB that gets optioned out on the goal-line. (Think Dan Klecko, or Jumbo Elliot, just in a big FB).

I really think all of this is just so we have a chance to make one or two more runs before we have to start replacing a big part of the team. Maybe not the best moves for the future, but rather the best moves for right now. Anyone else get that feeling?

Not really, he is getting younger on D and upgrading the offense the right way, with a QB and 2 linemen. The point of green(who I hope we dont get) is to have that placeholder there to ease beck in, much like how rivers was eased in. Defensive players pick up easier so right now getting the O in place is a much higher priority, considering our D is still a high level. This is just rebuilding the right way, and not picking up salary and people just to get a false sense of competing. We might not win 9 games this year unless JT decides to go psycho sack machine again but we will be closer to being a contender than any other year. Why cause we will get a solid young o-line a QB that we actually drafted and a wr corps that makes sense(chambers playing slot, a burner in ginn and a possession receiver in booker. Last year we had all our WR playing the wrong positions.

Back
Top Bottom