- Jan 17, 2005
- Reaction score
- First off, I expect to see us resign the following players..
- The following players should be let go..
- I think (DOES NOT MEAN THIS WILL HAPPEN), that we should consider trading/releasing the following players...
What will happen? (IMO)
- Chambers... Its time to face the obvious fact that Chambers will never, ever live up to the hype that we, as dolphin fans, and he, with his circus catches, gave him. We need to draft a young WR or see whats on the FA market. If we were to trade him, just based on his "potential" I think we have a fairly good chance to get a low 1st, early-middle 2nd round pick. I wouldent release him, just try to get a draft pick.
- What will happen?
- MIA trades Chambers to SD for their 1st round pick (30 overall)
- SD needs a WR. The top four WR's in this years draft (Only options in the draft better than Chambers), Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr, will be long gone. Trades works out in favor of both teams.
- Booker... Same deal as Chambers, even though he has played well, if we can get a low 1st or anwhere in the 2nd, trade him. However, we should not trade both.
- What will happen?
- Booker stays as #2 WR.
- Jeno James... Has done OK for us the past three years. He will be overpaid in 07' and is coming off of an injury. I think its time we part ways with Jeno.
- What will happen?
- James Released
- Now, the FA market this year..
- Note: The following FA's that I mentioned are not the only FA's in their respected market that are avaliable. They are simply only the FA's that Miami would consider signing.
RB - Brown and Ricky also I believe (Not sure what hes doing). Either way we cant give up on our #2 pick, he has had two very solid seasons, his first two in the NFL. One would think that this position will be a lock for the next 5-6 years.
- Drew Bennett
- Kevin Curtis
Weak market, everyone else in this market isint even worth mentioning. Either way the draft would be the way to go for a WR. After seeing what this market has to offer, trading Booker and Chambers isint a very good idea. We need to draft a stud at #9.
OL - Well, currently we have this lineup.
RT - Carey
RG - Shelton
C - Hadnot
LG - (Draft or get a FA)
LT - (Draft or get a FA) - We do have McIntosh, if worse comes to worse.
So our possibilities at LG and LT in the market are as follows....
- Leonard Davis - LT
- Mike Gandy - LG
- Eric Steinbach - LG
- Jordan Black - LT
- Derrick Dockery - LG
- Kris Deilman - LG
Strong market. I could eaisly see us being able to afford Steinbach, Dockery or Deilman at LG, both extremely solid lineman. Gandy may come at a price but would be a viable option aswell. Davis is going to come with a huge price tage but, IMO, we NEED to sign him. Im not so high on Black and if worse comes to worse (Basically worse is if we dont sign Davis), we can probably start Alabi or look at the draft for a LT.
DL - We currently have Roth, Evans and Taylor. If we resign Bowens and Holliday we will be fine, no need to test this market.
DE - Bowens
DT - Evans (Deserves his shot, noone can argue with me that prior to this season we were very high on Evans and for a good reason, he is a beast)
DT - Holliday
DE - Taylor
- Lance Briggs
- Cato June
- Adalius Thomas
Very strong market. There is some true talent in the LB market this year and some steals can be made. So we will have Thomas and Crowder in 07 but we need another OLB. We may need to dish out some cash in this market but with the players that are avaliable it would make it worthwile.
- Asante Samuel
- Nate Clements
- Nick Harper
- David Macklin
Most people would say Clements or Samuel. Lets get real folks. If we really want to make this team better dishing out the cash necessary for Clements or Samuel is not the way to go. Allen is a capable CB. Goodman, although he did not have an INT, was not beat numerous times last year and had a solid year. Daniels is also a capable 3rd CB.
- Who do we sign?
2) David Macklin - He, Goodman, and Daniels will compete for the #2 CB spot in traning camp. Macklin, IMO, is a steal. In his 7 years in the leaue he has 14 INT's, 60 passes defended, and over 350 tackles. Seemingly, to me at least, a good CB playing in constant bad defenses, Macklin could thrive in Miami.
3) Leonard Davis - After getting a deal on Macklin and not expending to much money for Steinbach we go out and get our huge FA pickup. Davis will take over our feeble LT position and our OL is set for 07'.
- Now, the draft.
1) (#30) - Sidney Rice WR South Carolina - We need a stud WR. In two years at SC Rice has 2,077 yards recieving and 23 TD's. Hes an underrated playmaker.
2) Eric Weddle S Utah - A playmaker with excellent ball skills...Has great instincts...Tough, aggressive and a good tackler...Is always around the action...A high character player who will be an asset on and off the field...Smart and a hard worker with a great motor...Was very productive and a game changer at the college level...Will be a great special teamer and also returned punts for the Utes...Versatile with experience at both safety and cornerback with the potential to play either position at the pro level.
3) Jared Zebransky QB Boise State - A playmaker. A winner. If C-Pep dosent work out we could use a winner in Miami like Zebransky.
4) Justin Harrell DT Tennessee - Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.
5) Mansfield Wrotto OG Georgia Tech - Has terrific size with long arms...Outstanding athleticism and quickness...Is strong and powerful...Light on his feet...Versatile...Mobile with good range...Played a lot of DI football and was a four-year starter...Adjusts well in space and gets to the second level...Is effective as both a run and pass blocker...Has a ton of potential.
6) Kyle Young C Fresno State - Has terrific size...Extremely strong and physical...Tough and aggressive...Stout at the point of attack and will not get pushed around...Has a nasty demeanor and a killer instinct...Versatile...Durable...A hard worker and coaches speak highly of his intangibles...Excellent awareness and a high football IQ...Has a lot of experience.
7) Dedrick Harrington ILB Missouri
- So, I think our roster would end up looking like this after traning camp battles ect.
RB - Ronnie Brown
FB - Darian Barnes
WR - Sidney Rice
RT - Vernon Carey
RG - LJ Shelton
C - Rex Hadnot
LG - Eric Steinbach
LT - Leonard Davis
TE - Randy McMichael
LDE - David Bowens
DT - Fred Evans
DT - Vonnie Holliday
RDE - Jason Taylor
LOLB - Paul Posluszny
ILB - Zach Thomas
ROLB - Channing Crowder
CB - Will Allen
CB - David Macklin
FS - Renaldo Hill
SS - Eric Weddle
So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree? What would you change? What do you agree with?