2007 Offeason : A Realisitic Approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 Offeason : A Realisitic Approach

Reaction score
  • First off, I expect to see us resign the following players..
- Bell
- Welker
- Holliday
- Bowens
- McIntosh
- Barnes
  • The following players should be let go..
- Lemon
- Jones
- Fonoti
- Minor
- Morris
- Denney
- Traylor
- Vickerson
- Tillman
- Berger
- Jacox
- Jackson
- Lehan
- Eckel
- Adams
- Newman
- Spragan
- Zgonina
  • I think (DOES NOT MEAN THIS WILL HAPPEN), that we should consider trading/releasing the following players...
- Carter... 6.5 million cap this year. That money could be used elsewhere (WR, DB, ect.). With Roth emerging nicely behind him, and if we resign Bowens (Who in his only starting season at DE had 15 sacks, makes you wonder why we never have this guy another deserved shot.) there is really no reason to keep him if we are paying him that much. If we traded him I couldent see us getting anything higher than at the very most a late 2nd early 3rd, although that is unlikley. I think, if we cannot get anyone at all to trade for him (Which isint very farfetched with his cap #), we release him and give Bowens a shot aside of Taylor.

What will happen? (IMO)
-Carter Released

- Chambers... Its time to face the obvious fact that Chambers will never, ever live up to the hype that we, as dolphin fans, and he, with his circus catches, gave him. We need to draft a young WR or see whats on the FA market. If we were to trade him, just based on his "potential" I think we have a fairly good chance to get a low 1st, early-middle 2nd round pick. I wouldent release him, just try to get a draft pick.

- What will happen?
- MIA trades Chambers to SD for their 1st round pick (30 overall)
- SD needs a WR. The top four WR's in this years draft (Only options in the draft better than Chambers), Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr, will be long gone. Trades works out in favor of both teams.

- Booker... Same deal as Chambers, even though he has played well, if we can get a low 1st or anwhere in the 2nd, trade him. However, we should not trade both.

- What will happen?
- Booker stays as #2 WR.

- Jeno James... Has done OK for us the past three years. He will be overpaid in 07' and is coming off of an injury. I think its time we part ways with Jeno.

- What will happen?
- James Released
  • Now, the FA market this year..
  • Note: The following FA's that I mentioned are not the only FA's in their respected market that are avaliable. They are simply only the FA's that Miami would consider signing.
QB - C-Pep. Were not giving up on him yet. Even though he did have a bad season last year when he played he was supposedly injured so we shall see what happens in 07'. Either way there are no other viable options at QB. If C-Pep dosent work out we may be in serious trouble.

RB - Brown and Ricky also I believe (Not sure what hes doing). Either way we cant give up on our #2 pick, he has had two very solid seasons, his first two in the NFL. One would think that this position will be a lock for the next 5-6 years.

WR
- Drew Bennett
- Kevin Curtis
Weak market, everyone else in this market isint even worth mentioning. Either way the draft would be the way to go for a WR. After seeing what this market has to offer, trading Booker and Chambers isint a very good idea. We need to draft a stud at #9.

OL - Well, currently we have this lineup.

RT - Carey
RG - Shelton
C - Hadnot
LG - (Draft or get a FA)
LT - (Draft or get a FA) - We do have McIntosh, if worse comes to worse.
So our possibilities at LG and LT in the market are as follows....
- Leonard Davis - LT
- Mike Gandy - LG
- Eric Steinbach - LG
- Jordan Black - LT
- Derrick Dockery - LG
- Kris Deilman - LG
Strong market. I could eaisly see us being able to afford Steinbach, Dockery or Deilman at LG, both extremely solid lineman. Gandy may come at a price but would be a viable option aswell. Davis is going to come with a huge price tage but, IMO, we NEED to sign him. Im not so high on Black and if worse comes to worse (Basically worse is if we dont sign Davis), we can probably start Alabi or look at the draft for a LT.

DL - We currently have Roth, Evans and Taylor. If we resign Bowens and Holliday we will be fine, no need to test this market.

DE - Bowens
DT - Evans (Deserves his shot, noone can argue with me that prior to this season we were very high on Evans and for a good reason, he is a beast)
DT - Holliday
DE - Taylor

LB
- Lance Briggs
- Cato June
- Adalius Thomas
Very strong market. There is some true talent in the LB market this year and some steals can be made. So we will have Thomas and Crowder in 07 but we need another OLB. We may need to dish out some cash in this market but with the players that are avaliable it would make it worthwile.

DB
- Asante Samuel
- Nate Clements
- Nick Harper
- David Macklin
Most people would say Clements or Samuel. Lets get real folks. If we really want to make this team better dishing out the cash necessary for Clements or Samuel is not the way to go. Allen is a capable CB. Goodman, although he did not have an INT, was not beat numerous times last year and had a solid year. Daniels is also a capable 3rd CB.
  • Who do we sign?
1) Eric Steinbach - Our need at LG is now a problem with James gone. Although not extremely cheap we manage to go out and snag him.

2) David Macklin - He, Goodman, and Daniels will compete for the #2 CB spot in traning camp. Macklin, IMO, is a steal. In his 7 years in the leaue he has 14 INT's, 60 passes defended, and over 350 tackles. Seemingly, to me at least, a good CB playing in constant bad defenses, Macklin could thrive in Miami.

3) Leonard Davis - After getting a deal on Macklin and not expending to much money for Steinbach we go out and get our huge FA pickup. Davis will take over our feeble LT position and our OL is set for 07'.
  • Now, the draft.
1) (#9) - Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State - Extremely instinctive...Has good speed with great quickness...Mobile with sideline-to-sideline range...Aggressive, tough and physical...Solid and reliable tackle with a burst to close...Decent pass rusher and blitzer...Intense and competitive...Has a motor that never stops and a phenomenal work ethic...A solid athlete...More than holds his own in coverage...Good strength and plays bigger than he is...Excels at reading and reacting to the action...Very smart and a team leader...A playmaker.

1) (#30) - Sidney Rice WR South Carolina - We need a stud WR. In two years at SC Rice has 2,077 yards recieving and 23 TD's. Hes an underrated playmaker.

2) Eric Weddle S Utah - A playmaker with excellent ball skills...Has great instincts...Tough, aggressive and a good tackler...Is always around the action...A high character player who will be an asset on and off the field...Smart and a hard worker with a great motor...Was very productive and a game changer at the college level...Will be a great special teamer and also returned punts for the Utes...Versatile with experience at both safety and cornerback with the potential to play either position at the pro level.

3) Jared Zebransky QB Boise State - A playmaker. A winner. If C-Pep dosent work out we could use a winner in Miami like Zebransky.

4) Justin Harrell DT Tennessee - Has good size with long arms and the frame to bulk up further...Athletic with solid speed and good quickness...Is mobile with pretty good range...Plays the run well and is a good tackler...Will penetrate and make plays in the backfield...Tough and will play through pain...May have some versatility...Hard worker...Top intangibles.

5) Mansfield Wrotto OG Georgia Tech - Has terrific size with long arms...Outstanding athleticism and quickness...Is strong and powerful...Light on his feet...Versatile...Mobile with good range...Played a lot of DI football and was a four-year starter...Adjusts well in space and gets to the second level...Is effective as both a run and pass blocker...Has a ton of potential.

6) Kyle Young C Fresno State - Has terrific size...Extremely strong and physical...Tough and aggressive...Stout at the point of attack and will not get pushed around...Has a nasty demeanor and a killer instinct...Versatile...Durable...A hard worker and coaches speak highly of his intangibles...Excellent awareness and a high football IQ...Has a lot of experience.

7) Dedrick Harrington ILB Missouri

• So, I think our roster would end up looking like this after traning camp battles ect.
QB - Daunte Culpepper
Joey Harrington
Jared Zebransky

RB - Ronnie Brown
Ricky Williams

FB - Darian Barnes

WR - Sidney Rice
Marty Booker
Wes Welker
Derek Hagan

RT - Vernon Carey
RG - LJ Shelton
C - Rex Hadnot
LG - Eric Steinbach
LT - Leonard Davis

TE - Randy McMichael
Justin Peele

LDE - David Bowens
DT - Fred Evans
DT - Vonnie Holliday
RDE - Jason Taylor

LOLB - Paul Posluszny
ILB - Zach Thomas
ROLB - Channing Crowder

CB - Will Allen
CB - David Macklin

FS - Renaldo Hill
SS - Eric Weddle

So, what do you think? Agree? Disagree? What would you change? What do you agree with?

Why would you keep Harrington over Lemon? I would trade Joey for what ever you could get, and keep Lemon. Cam and Lemon have a history together, and Harrington needs to find another team.:wink:

Why would you keep Harrington over Lemon? I would trade Joey for what ever you could get, and keep Lemon. Cam and Lemon have a history together, and Harrington needs to find another team.:wink:

Noone wants Harrington.. we should consider releasing him but have to make sure we dont take a cap hit for doing so..

I dont see lemon cut, and id rather keep chambers as a 2nd.

We dont have Berger anymore. We put him on waivers last year before the end of the season and Dallas claimed him.

not likeley to happen!!

Cleo will remain a PHIN!!

Chambers will be the number 2, I think Booker can be let go! We can get a WR like Jarrett for number 1 pick!! It all depends on who We sign via free agency

according to this, why would the chargers trade for chambers when sidney rice falls that far. to high for poz, i doubt we offord davis and steinbach. i like jared zabransky but dont think he is a first day pick right now. to low for kyle young. cheaper to keep lemon than harrington. denney hasnt done a bad job at all. keep vickerson at least until the preseason before you get rid of him. morris or minor has to stay since you cant go into the season with only 2 rbs. i dont think harrell falls that far.

Vickerson stays, young and full of potential. Not a cap problem.

A decent assessment, but there are a lot of things that I don't agree with/just wouldn't happen. First off, like everyone has said Harrington is the one that needs to go, not Lemon. I seriously doubt San Diego would trade their first rounder for Chris Chambers, this is a deep WR class, someone like Robert Meachem or Dwayne Bowe could still be there when they draft anyway.

As for free agency, I think Leonard Davis is overrated. Maybe its because the talent on the line surrounding him in Arizona is so bad annualy, but he hasn't lived up to his potential when he was drafted. I would be very happy if we could get Dielman or Dockery. Asante Samuel is an absolute must as long as the price is reasonable. Macklin is a decent second corner, but I'd prefer to stay away. In the draft, there is no way we draft Posluzny that high. This years draft class isn't very talented at LB, Poz and Patrick Willis are mid to late first rounders, taking them would be a reach.

I really really dont like your Wr's i think Booker is dead weight all he does it get hurt.........."PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT" WE ARE KEEPING CHRIS CHAMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Chambers does phenominal, then after a shaky year with 3 dif Qbs an idiot at OC, and when our coach pulling a fast one over everyone u want his head chill he is still a stellar WR he will be great again, CamCam manages games to his players strengths he will play slot more next year, just remeber stats arent everything!!

U give Bownes the start over Roth...Roth is too high of a draft pick to be on the bench any longer!!!!!

This is wut really ticked me off....how in the world would u put Yerimiah Bell back on the bench?????? He did grrrrrrrrrreat as tony would say!!!!!!!

Also notable FA s are Sheldon Brown who put that hit on Reggie Bush and Ken Hamlin the s from Seattle.......

We trade Joey to the stupid browns for a 4th round pick...LOL

I love ur o-line and the Jared Zabranski pick...

I give u an A+ for effort......i liked mainly wut u said except wuts written above

Back
Top Bottom