2007 - Prospects not looking so great | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 - Prospects not looking so great

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I don't know guys, but watching the NFL lately is making me VERY depressed.
All I see in the AFC is young QB's with a lot talent that can make great throws and escape pressure in the pocket.. I see people like Cutler, Rivers, Big Ben, Young and even Loserman stepping it up and giving their teams winning performances on a weekly basis.. Add Brady, Palmer, Manning and Pennington to the mix and you see that balance of power in the AFC lies in the QB position more than ever... We need to seriously think about trading up in the draft to land a young stud QB to have any chance in this QB heavy league next year.. Couple that with that fact that we have NO true playmakers on offense and I think we may see a repeat of 2006 in 2007.

IMHO, the only way we can improve our future prospects is to make a serious push in the draft to trade down (even it includes making a draft deal sending our #1 and JT) for a QB.. We can no longer bank on a washed up QB saving the day, or "hope" that CPEP will have a rebound year next year.. I hope Saban is able to see this as well, even if it makes him look bad for giving up early on CPEP.

I don't know guys, but watching the NFL lately is making me VERY depressed.
All I see in the AFC is young QB's with a lot talent that can make great throws and escape pressure in the pocket.. I see people like Cutler, Rivers, Big Ben, Young and even Loserman stepping it up and giving their teams winning performances on a weekly basis.. Add Brady, Palmer, Manning and Pennington to the mix and you see that balance of power in the AFC lies in the QB position more than ever... We need to seriously think about trading up in the draft to land a young stud QB to have any chance in this QB heavy league next year.. Couple that with that fact that we have NO true playmakers on offense and I think we may see a repeat of 2006 in 2007.

IMHO, the only way we can improve our future prospects is to make a serious push in the draft to trade down (even it includes making a draft deal sending our #1 and JT) for a QB.. We can no longer bank on a washed up QB saving the day, or "hope" that CPEP will have a rebound year next year.. I hope Saban is able to see this as well, even if it makes him look bad for giving up early on CPEP.

i agree but not with JT. you nevre trade the man. PLAIN FOOLISH. But we need a QB and im not so sold on QUINN. love the guy but i doubt him and his play. he got mad at ppl talkin crap about the bowl game coming up, as Rome is burning said, if you cant handle the pressure now, wait till ur the numbre 1 pick next year in the draft. I think he will collapse and be a failure OR he will BLOW ppls minds out and be great. one or the other. I really like T Smith besides the height issue as i dont care much for and Russell i hear good things about. Brohm as well but i watched a game of his once and didnt impress me much. prob jsut a bad day.

i see what your saying but theres really no other solution right now than other to wait for daunte to come back from his injury, we signed him to be our franchise qb and we invested too much in him to just let him off the hook after 4 games. we all saw what he could do in the past in 2004 meaning that he is capable of returning to form. to draft a qb would be nice to see if we can develope a young qb under our system but in now way can we afford to just throw out a young gun on the field and expect him to do better than our qbs have been doing in recent years. its hard to find gems that go out on the field and just win. however if we are in position to draft a guy like troy smith or brady quinn then we better get on it because it would be great for our team to develope those guys under our system.....its been a while since we have drafted a qb and had him under our wing which is especially surprising seeing the poor play at that position we have gotten since dan the man left

and just to add trading JT would be the worst decesion our team could possibly ever make. He's our best player and with the year he has had he is showing no signs of slowing down. not to mention he has been with the organization his entire career and it would almost be a slap in the face to JT to trade him in an attempt to make our team better with him not on it

Just nitpicking...but you mentioned Cutler as someone who has been consistently giving winning performances? Have the Broncos even won since hes started? They were playoff bound prior to that. Whats your logic there?

BTW...we have very two top 5 pick QB's on our roster right now. What good is adding another ? going to do for this team.

Just nitpicking...but you mentioned Cutler as someone who has been consistently giving winning performances? Have the Broncos even won since hes started? They were playoff bound prior to that. Whats your logic there?

You are correct, I should have not included him there. Have you seen Cutler play? He is a tremendous talent, top 10 QB next year with the cannon and accurate ball he throws.

Oh and BTW, you have the choice to take Cutler or CPEP to start 2007, who do you take? :)

our prospects still wouldnt be any better in 2007 with a ROOKIE QB...

i agree but not with JT. you nevre trade the man. PLAIN FOOLISH. But we need a QB and im not so sold on QUINN. love the guy but i doubt him and his play. he got mad at ppl talkin crap about the bowl game coming up, as Rome is burning said, if you cant handle the pressure now, wait till ur the numbre 1 pick next year in the draft. I think he will collapse and be a failure OR he will BLOW ppls minds out and be great. one or the other. I really like T Smith besides the height issue as i dont care much for and Russell i hear good things about. Brohm as well but i watched a game of his once and didnt impress me much. prob jsut a bad day.

It's not plain foolish to trade one of the oldest, most expensive players on the roster coming off the hottest season of his career when his value will be as prime as it's ever going to get, especially when you have already drafted and groomed his replacement in an up and coming Matt Roth. Would it be sad to see JT go? I, myself, will cry like a 6 year old girl(not shy to admit it).

Brady Quinn is the top prospect in the draft. Every year the same old nonesense with the top QB in the draft occurs. They have not been safe since Ryan Leaf. What happened with Vince Young this offseason with the wonderlic? Hows Vince Young now? Winning? He may very well end up being another Michael Vick but as of the time being, he's phenomenal.

It's not plain foolish to trade one of the oldest, most expensive players on the roster coming off the hottest season of his career when his value will be as prime as it's ever going to get.

Dude, it would be a serious lapse in judgment to trade Jason Taylor for a draft choice who may or may not pan out, unless you can somehow guarantee that he isn't going to have any more good seasons. It would be an error of Wannstedtian proportions.

By the way, you and the rest of the gang on Finheaven.com: Have a happy holiday!!

You are correct, I should have not included him there. Have you seen Cutler play? He is a tremendous talent, top 10 QB next year with the cannon and accurate ball he throws.

Oh and BTW, you have the choice to take Cutler or CPEP to start 2007, who do you take? :)
I have not had an opportunity to see Cutler play, but my thinking is they were winning with poor play from Plummer, and now they are not winning with Cutler behind center. This means the rest of the team and all that talent decided to quit playing, or Cutler just isn't getting it done.

And I'll take a Culpepper that realize his potential over a Cutler that does the same. While they both have great physical talents and athletic abilities, Cpep's are much more rare and dominating than Cutler. A man that big,fast and physically imposing with a 64% career passer rating is just scary. If he can return to form...our QB worries are no more.

The point I was initially trying to make is, a rash decision to trade away one of our playmaker in attempt to take a "chance" on a "stud QB" is silly. If we happened to find ourselves in a favorable position to draft a QB that our scouting staff feels is the real deal, then I'm all for it. But outside of that scenario, finding a player that can effectivly fit into our team and become an explosive player, regardless of position, is much more important than trying to find a QB at all costs.

Brady Quinn is the top prospect in the draft. Every year the same old nonesense with the top QB in the draft occurs. They have not been safe since Ryan Leaf. What happened with Vince Young this offseason with the wonderlic? Hows Vince Young now? Winning? He may very well end up being another Michael Vick but as of the time being, he's phenomenal.
1. They have never been safe.
2. Vince Young has the worst passer rating in the NFL. Phenomenal?

It's not plain foolish to trade one of the oldest, most expensive players on the roster coming off the hottest season of his career when his value will be as prime as it's ever going to get, especially when you have already drafted and groomed his replacement in an up and coming Matt Roth. Would it be sad to see JT go? I, myself, will cry like a 6 year old girl(not shy to admit it).

I wanted young and rooted for him i nevre odubted the man. evreyone on this board hated him, especially the older guys in there early to late 40's. they loved the classic old school pocket QB as i do too but hated on yhoung. I'd take young mcnabb DC any day then our PCOKET QB harrington or whoever else u want. btw, where are those haters? ntn to say about young so they hide. typical.

How do you know JT wont have another great year? I bet you anythign you thought his best years were already behidn him coming into this year and just expecting consistent play out of a very consistent player. So dont be too quick to jump the gun on his prime is over with after this year. he can be that half man half amazing plays great till he retires athlete. he jsut has it IN him.

BTW...we have very two top 5 pick QB's on our roster right now. What good is adding another ? going to do for this team.

Drafting a QB is an investment in the future, not a quick fix. The Phins need to draft one now. Let him sit behind DC for a yr or 2.

and just to add trading JT would be the worst decesion our team could possibly ever make. He's our best player and with the year he has had he is showing no signs of slowing down. not to mention he has been with the organization his entire career and it would almost be a slap in the face to JT to trade him in an attempt to make our team better with him not on it
Taylor is a great player, no doubt about that. But as great as he and Zach has been, we have missed the playoffs five (count em) 5 years in a row. Think about that.

let's be realistic...on paper our offense looks great but let's not fool ourselves, this same offense has struggled for the last couple of years now. its not all CPEPPER fault. we lack talent and toughness across the board. its time to make changes and thats nick's job to do.

Back
Top Bottom