2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Gotta say I'm a little pessimistic about the upcoming season.....hopefully the extra dollars and the promise of star running mate are enough to keep Wade in town. If the Nets break through and show they're a competitive team with all that young talent they could become a real attractive spot for one of the trio of Wade/Bosh/Lebron.

This team isn't competing for any title. The best hope is that Beasley shows he can be a 20/10 guy....wherever he ends up playing, Chalmers shows hes a competent starting PG who can play some defense and consistently hit the three, and Cook develops into a more well rounded player who's not overly dependent on the outside shot. The young guys need to do enough to convince Wade that there is hope for the future......otherwise there is no reason for him to stick around.

That is the plan, but I think the young trio still has to show enough promise to keep Wade in town and attract the top free agents. Chicago, NJ, and New York are all going to be offering max deals, and each has its own attractions. The teams become a lot more interesting if one of their young guys takes the next step, whether it be Rose, Beasley, or Lopez.

Chalmers has to step it up even more this year too. He was pretty decent for most of the season, but wore down as the season went by.

Beasley and Chalmers have to step up BIG this season. Gotta show D-Wade that there is enough talent to win it all again in South Beach.

they just garuntee'd beaz and cook.. itts all about the future now baby...

Lets just hope jermaine o neal can average more than 3 reb/game , haslem doesn't get 2 quick fouls each night making micheal have to slide over and making us play undersized cook/qrich at the 3 or even mr james jones, early on.

Arroyo needs to bring instant offense off the bench when wade is out of the game.. dude is a scoring PG so don't expect him to get lotta minutes next to wade.. he'll be running with cook and qrich.

It looks like the lineup is

Chalmers / Arroyo?? / Quinn
Wade / Cook / QRich
Beasley / Jones / Diawara / Wright
Haslem / Beasley
O'Neal / Anthony / Magloire

I have a sneaking suspicion its going to change a few times early in the season, especially if they get off to a bad start.

I haven't seen much of the preseason action, but this is what I've gathered.

The 20/10 O'Neal is gone and never coming back. The lift he used to have is history.....he still moves alright, but no hops means no boards. Anthony looks good, and he could be seeing major minutes especially if O'Neal falters.

I'd like the Beasley at SF experiment to work but I don't see it happening. On the offensive end hes like Marion.....as a PF he presents all kinds of matchup problems....as a SF, not so much. Defensively the setup reminds me of the championship team with an immobile center and two PFs. Haslem isn't quick enough to guard anyone on the perimeter.....still remember Nocioni and Deng abusing him in the playoffs. I get the feeling Spoelstra is going to get frustrated with the defense early and often, and it'll lead to either Haslem or Beasley getting sent to the bench.

I'm just hoping we're somewhat competitive this year, then bring a few big names in next offseason.

I'm hoping for a seed somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7.

Heat's OutLook:

Outlook: It once again appears to be a case of best-of-Wade-or-bust, with the season essentially boiling down to whether the seventh-year guard is up to as much to as much heavy lifting as when he led the league in scoring last season. The hope is that Jermaine O'Neal and James Jones can make it all the way back from injury, and that erratic youth turns to tangible experience with Beasley, Chalmers and Cook.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/9668370/ns/sports-nba/?pg=17#spt_NBAseasonpre09

Back
Top Bottom