2009 FinHeaven Draft. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 FinHeaven Draft.

With all of the Wide Receiver talent off the board that can be justified in the first round the Titans must cross their fingers that Britt or similar is still there when they pick in round two.

The Titans DBs are set for the next 3 seasons at the very least. Haynesworth may leave, but the DTs worthy of this pick are no longer on the board. DE is a likely candidate since Kearse is at the end of the road. That is true, and Tyson Jackson with his versatility would be a good fit. He can even bulk up and play DT if need be. He is a solid player and an incredible value here. He probably should have gone earlier.

Sintim is another consideration here, but he isn't what the Titans usually like in an LB.

Tyson Jackson DE, LSU

Only one pick left

2009 Finheaven mock draft

1.Matthew Stafford (QB) USC, Detroit Lions
2.Michael Crabtree (WR) Texas Tech, St. Louis Rams
3.Aaron Curry (ILB) Wake Forest, Kansas City Chiefs
4.Eugene Monroe (OT) Virginia, Seattle Seahawks
5.Rey Mauluga (ILB) USC, Cleveland Browns
6.Malcolm Jenkins (CB) Ohio State, Cincinnati Bengals
7.Andre Smith (OT) Alabama, Oakland Raiders
8.Michael Ohr (OT) Mississippi, Jacksonville Jaguars
9.Everette Brown (DE/ILB) Florida State, Green Bay Packers
10.Brian Orakpo (DE) Texas, San Francisco 49ers
11.Brandon Pettrigrew (TE) Oklahoma State, Buffalo Bills
12.BJ Raji (DT) Boston College, Denver Broncos
13.Jason Smith (OT) Baylor, Washington Redskins
14.Vontae Davis (CB) Illinois, New Orleans Saints
15.William Moore (S) Missouri, Houston Texans
16.Chris Wells (RB) Ohio State, San Diego Chargers
17.Mark Sanchez (QB) USC, NY Jets
18.Jeremy Maclin (WR) Missouri, Chicago Bears
19.Percy Harvin (WR) Florida, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20.Ebbon Britton (OT) Arizona, Detroit Lions
21.Darrius Heyward Bey (WR) Maryland, Philadelphia Eagles
22.William Beatty (OT) Connecticut, Minnesota Vikings
23.Knowshon Moreno (RB) Georgia, New England Patriots
24.Peria Jerry (DT), Mississippi, Atlanta Falcons
25.Larry English (OLB) Northern Illinois, Miami Dolphins
26.D.J Moore (CB) Vanderbilt, Baltimore Ravens
27.Hakeem Nicks (WR) North Carolina, Indianapolis Colts
28.Aaron Maybin (DE) Penn State, Philadelphia Eagles
29.Brian Cushing (OLB) USC, New York Giants
30.Tyson Jackson (DE) LSU, Tennessee Titans
31.Max Unger (C) Oregon, Arizona Cardinals

This thing has kinda fizzled out at this stage. Probably better off making another crack at it in a couple of weeks when the free agency opens up and the combine is over. At least by that stage we will know what teams have done early in free agency and what needs are still left.

with the 32nd pick and to finally end the first round which feels like it has been a month doing this is Phil Loadholt T Oklahoma

Cedar
Is Ungers versatility why you selected him over Mack?
I believe overall Mack is the better prospect at the center position. Seemed to prove that at the Senior Bowl.
However, if you are looking at Unger as a sort of Band-aid to any position on the OL of the cards that springs a leak, I believe it to be a great choice.
If not why the edge over Mack?

Grandmaster
I think the Loadholt pick is off base seeing the Steelers just resigned Starks.
I believe they could have used help anywhere on the Oline. Mack is still availible at C and all the gaurd prospects are still live in the draft. Duke Robinson (#1 guard prospect) is still there where you chose the 7th tackle off the board.
Not to mention Loadholt has been freefalling on draft boards.

Cedar
I believe overall Mack is the better prospect at the center position. Seemed to prove that at the Senior Bowl.
However, if you are looking at Unger as a sort of Band-aid to any position on the OL of the cards that springs a leak, I believe it to be a great choice.

Grandmaster
I think the Loadholt pick is off base seeing the Steelers just resigned Starks.
I believe they could have used help anywhere on the Oline. Mack is still availible at C and all the gaurd prospects are still live in the draft. Duke Robinson (#1 guard prospect) is still there where you chose the 7th tackle off the board.
Not to mention Loadholt has been freefalling on draft boards.

he also chose moore 15th overall soooooo....

:crazy:

Wow, didn't my A. Smith pick turn out to be a bad idea already?

Cedar

quote]

I suggested to Cedar - Unger over Mack for verstatility and the gaping swivelling door at LT which is currently Wayne Gandy...

I don't necessarily think that Unger is a better C than Mack but Unger is a prize on any line... He lines up more than adequately at LT... Whether he is a career LT well that remains to be seen...

I like the pick Cedarphin

ya'll have some interesting picks in there.

Loadholt is interesting for Pittsburgh, but IMO is the wrong pick. Go Alex Mack or Duke Robinson there. Maybe even Jamon Meredith to play RT moving Willie Colon to RG.

Cedar

quote]

I suggested to Cedar - Unger over Mack for verstatility and the gaping swivelling door at LT which is currently Wayne Gandy...

I don't necessarily think that Unger is a better C than Mack but Unger is a prize on any line... He lines up more than adequately at LT... Whether he is a career LT well that remains to be seen...

I like the pick Cedarphin

I completely agree on the Unger pick I also love it. I think it could end up being the steal of the draft if he does go LT. I'm a really big Oregon homer, and have watched Unger.
I was just saying the point that Mack I believe is a better center prospect, if he was strictly drafting a C. But, I love the pick if he was doing as you suggest.
I didn't want to throw out a switch to LT initially because I was holding my cards, hoping I was not the only one who thinks he could move over to LT. I was looking for someone else to suggest that notion of mine, not just agree with a suggestion.

I thank you much Rev Kev.

I completely agree on the Unger pick I also love it. I think it could end up being the steal of the draft if he does go LT. I'm a really big Oregon homer, and have watched Unger.
I was just saying the point that Mack I believe is a better center prospect, if he was strictly drafting a C. But, I love the pick if he was doing as you suggest.
I didn't want to throw out a switch to LT initially because I was holding my cards, hoping I was not the only one who thinks he could move over to LT. I was looking for someone else to suggest that notion of mine, not just agree with a suggestion.

I thank you much Rev Kev.

Cedar and me were on this on the weekend..., I guess we are all seeing much the same

Back
Top Bottom